Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Play DDR Extreme USA and Karaoke Revolution 2 this summer!
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IguanaGrrl
Staff Member
Staff Member

0. PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:14 pm    Post subject: Play DDR Extreme USA and Karaoke Revolution 2 this summer! Reply with quote

Loews Cineplex Entertainment is holding a nationwide jingle contest in the search for the "Ultimate Film Fan". The winner will receive a number of prizes including a PS2 and games from Konami. At each of the semi-final competitions, both Karaoke Revolution 2 and DDR Extreme USA will be available for participants to play! Click here for more information on the competition and dates for the semi-final stops.

Information courtesy of Mel B.
Staff Member
Staff Member

1. PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further information:

CALLING ALL FILM FANS!

Loews Cineplex Entertainment to Hold Nationwide

Jingle Contest in Front of Celebrity Panel of Judges

New York, NY - June 7. 2004 - For the last 100 years and counting, Loews Cineplex Entertainment has been recognized for their commitment to moviegoers and for the last 40 years, the memorable jingle--"Thank you for coming to Loews. Sit back, relax, enjoy the show!" The catchy number has been sung by the likes of Mean Girls' Lindsay Lohan and Garth Brooks separately on "Saturday Night Live" and on "Will and Grace," by the character of Jack, played by Sean McCormack. As Loews reaches the halfway point of their centennial celebration, the jingle will be the centerpiece to the search for the "Ultimate Film Fan." The program will feature a national sweepstakes and local market events, including a jingle contest complete with celebrity judges, and sponsor partners International Film Channel (IFC) and KONAMI.

Moviegoers who think they have what it takes to become the "Ultimate Film Fan" should enter Loews' nationwide sweepstakes by visiting the official website, www.enjoytheshow.com/ultimatefilmfan. Five lucky grand-prize winners and a guest will be swept off to New York City to participate in the "Ultimate Film Fan" finals on November 6. The trip includes airfare, hotel and spending money. They will also take away a Loews' annual pass, good for a year of free movies for them and a companion, a Sony PlayStation® 2 computer entertainment system with critically acclaimed and widely popular games from KONAMI. Over 100 other prizes will be awarded to runners up including Loews Cineplex movie tickets, $100 pre-paid MasterCards and Entertainment Weekly annual subscriptions, just to name a few. The sweepstakes will be supported by local and national media, in-theatre collateral, and an in-theatre trailer featuring IFC Game Show host Chris Gore and Loews' employees.

Additionally Loews theatres will host semi-final competitions in 11 markets including Manhattan, Long Island, New Jersey, Dallas, Houston, Cleveland, Detroit, Boston, Washington D.C, Seattle and Chicago. Each market will award one "Ultimate Film Fan" an all-inclusive trip to NYC to compete in the national round of the contest in NYC in November. Additionally, each local winner will take home a Loews Cineplex annual pass, a Sony PlayStation® 2 computer entertainment system along with the latest videogames from KONAMI. Local market events will have festivities for the whole family, including IFC's new trivia game show, "Ultimate Film Fanatic," which tests your knowledge of movies by answering film fanatic trivia, styled after their new television series. You can also warm up your voice by singing along to your favorite hits from yesterday and today with KONAMI's Karaoke Revolution(tm) Volume 2 or put on your dancing shoes and give KONAMI's Dance Dance Revolution EXTREME(tm) a try. For more information on the local market events, dates and times, log on to www.enjoytheshow.com/ultimatefilmfan.

The grand-prize winner in November will be crowned "The Ultimate Film Fan of 2004." The winner will also receive a lifetime of free movies at any Loews Cineplex for them and a companion, 100 free movie DVDs of their choice, and the possibility to record the Loews jingle in their own voice. The original jingle was created by Stu Harnell of Cinema Concepts in Atlanta, then the agency for Loews, as a means to entertain patrons; it quickly took on cult-like status, spreading across the nation's radio airwaves as an introduction to the weekend's movie reviews.

Tenative Schedule:
-----------------------------
Dallas: July 10th / 1PM (Loews Theaters Cityplace, 2600 N. Haskell, Dallas, TX, 214.828.6008)

Houston: July 17th / 1PM (Loews Fountains, 11225 Fountain Lake Drive, Stafford, TX, 281.240.8632)

Detroit: July 24th / 1PM (Star Theaters Southfield, 25333 W 12 Mile Road, Southfield, MI, 248.368.1802)

New Jersey: July 31st / 1PM (Loews Theaters Jersey Gardens, 651 Kapkowski Rd, Elizabeth, NJ, 908.289.1855)

New York City: August 5th / 5PM (Loews Theaters 34th Street, 312 W 34th St, New York, NY, 212.244.8845)

Boston: August 7th / 1PM (Loews Theaters Boston Common, 175 Tremont St, Boston, MA, 617.423.5801)

Seattle: August 14th / 1PM (Cineplex Odeon Meridian, 1501-7th Ave, Seattle, WA, 206.622.2434)

Cleveland: August 14th / 1PM (Loews Theaters Richmond Town Sq, 631 Richmond Rd, Richmond Heights, OH, 440.720.0501)

Long Island: August 21st / 1PM (Loews Theaters Roosevelt Raceway, 1025 Corporate Dr, Westbury, NY, 516.745.6937)

Washington DC: August 28th / 1PM (Loews Theaters Rio, 9811 Washingtonian Cntr, Gaithersburg, MD, 310.948.6673)

Chicago: September 4th / 1PM (Loews Theaters Streets of Woodfield, 601 N Martingale Rd, Schaumburg, IL, 847.330.0720)
Administrator
Administrator

2. PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What, no San Francisco?
Administrator
Administrator

3. PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not just San Francisco, but no California locations at all... That's weird.

Eugene

P.S. Hey... 4 posts by admins in a row. biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
rampage
Administrator
Administrator

4. PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What, no Washington.. oh.. wait.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
dj-Luminus
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What! No ATLANTA!!! GODDAMNIT!!! no Florida either...

wow...2 words: low...budget... E15.gif

Someone who goes to this thing better get some damn pictures.
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

6. PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dj-Luminus wrote:
wow...2 words: low...budget... E15.gif

It ain't sponsored by LOEWS for nuffin'... XD *rimshot*

J Dogg wrote:
What, no San Francisco?

Yeah, you'd think Loews would have done a promotion somewhere like Metreon, since that's near the Konami offices and all... E19.gif
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
treeflood
Basic Member
Basic Member

7. PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eh im confused E19.gif . is this like a film making contest or like a DDR competition???
View users profile Send private message
s7yl33
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You gotta come up with a jingle i think... I might go to the one in cleveland, so if i do ill get lotsa pictures. did yall look at what u win? u could will 100 dvds of ur choice, i dont even think iv seen 100 movies in my life... lifetime free movies at their theaters, which i have never been to or even seen in my life... yeah so all in all this is kindof a lame contest. I think the only reason it was mentioned on this site is the fact that they said konami...

sorry to be such a downer to those who are interested.

biggrin.gif
Basic Member
Basic Member

9. PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s7yl33 wrote:
I think the only reason it was mentioned on this site is the fact that they said konami...

lol i agree laugh.gif
Basic Member
Basic Member

10. PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

funny, Ohio get's it but not Califoria. I thought Ohio sucked, but hey, at least we get something.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
daandrew18
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually, i think i saw something about also having a ddr tournament because it did mention ddr extreme usa.... whatever that means E15.gif im going to the one in boston... hopefully there's a ddr machine there, but again.. correct me if i'm wrong :/
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Melvis at the Disco!
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

12. PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, if nothing else, you'll get to play Extreme before it's available for the mass market. What's not to like about that?
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
Surfer_Clock
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This just proves that Florida misses all the good stuff.

We have a Loews Cineplex at Universal Studios, but NO, it's not big/important enough. Blah...

Well, good luck to anyone who is considering entry in the contest. E4.gif
LouieT
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Float Walk wrote:
Hey, if nothing else, you'll get to play Extreme before it's available for the mass market. What's not to like about that?

Is it the same demo version shown at E3 or is it the completed version?
ddr_hero
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i will get pics for everyone! i can take the bus up there, so it'sa not a problem. plus i am a photographer on weekends, so it's no big deal.

finally ohio gets something, but now everyone in ca is sad, DUDE you have san francisco. ohio dosen't even get to borrow it. be happy.

but i think that they will have a poopy little demo going on, just like ABC Family or the "I Found Jesus so my life is perfect" channel had at the malls with dance fever. you know, more clogged than your nose. it came by my mall, and they had a 4th mix with black tape all over the logos. they'll probaly have
-a ps2 with ddr extreme usa
-a red octane ignition pad, cause red octane has their finger in everyones buttocks these days.
-free swag. what's not to like about free swag! say it SWAG! sw- swag! oh yeah! at the ABC contest, they gave out bouncy balls, cd's. cd cases, stickers, postcards, and they let you play for free on a 4th mix. and all of this was free. and it was good let's just hope that Konami dosen't screw this up.
odds of this turning out to be suck 75/100 (dosen't look good, but still check it out)
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Yahoo Messenger
s7yl33
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol nice anaylasis! I think ill try to get a bus to cleveland, or maybe somebody cool can drive me, im in c-bus so thats gunna be one longass bus ride... expencive prolly too. FREE SWAG IS GREAT! thats the new reason for me to go biggrin.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who says Ohio sucks? Guillo, have you even been to Ohio? I have been to California several times and I'll take Ohio, thanks. L.A. is a barren wasteland.

Ohio is the 7th most populous state so it makes sense. Maybe there aren't any Loew's theaters in CA?

Besides, this is going to suck... you know it's going to be the absolute cheapest soft pads, being stomped on all day. You're going to try SS<3M and fail in three seconds because of the pads.... I'll pass.
J Dogg
Administrator
Administrator

18. PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Den wrote:
Who says Ohio sucks? Guillo, have you even been to Ohio? I have been to California several times and I'll take Ohio, thanks. L.A. is a barren wasteland.

Ohio is the 7th most populous state so it makes sense. Maybe there aren't any Loew's theaters in CA?

LA is a barren wasteland eh? Heh, you've been to CA "several times" and I've lived here all my life. ANYWAY.... yes, there is a Lowes in San Francisco, which is why I was amazed that they weren't having it in SF.
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Den wrote:

Wow you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. There are shops on every corner and I just looked and the estimated population is 10,103,000. REAL barren wasteland there. sarc.gif
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: