Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

I've wasted over $35 on a Beat Pad Pro.

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Almost Crimes
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:52 am    Post subject: I've wasted over $35 on a Beat Pad Pro. Reply with quote

The Konami pad that comes with the DDR Max2 game is very good, in my opinion, but after a few months the back arrow started to not work. So I thought I'd just go buy a new pad and everything would be alright.

So I go to EB and see a Mad Catz Beat Pad Pro for $35 and it looked like a nice pad.

I took it him and played a couple songs and it stopped working, so I fiddled with the cord again until the lights came back on strong and then played a few songs and then lost all responsiveness again. Something was messed with the wires, so I returned it for a replacement.

Now I kind of wish I would have just gotten my money back...

Simply, the Beat Pad sucks. I've noticed that I'm doing a lot worse than I used to, and yesterday I just put it on a light song and didn't worry about score.. I stepped on the left button, left arrow went off okay. I kept my left foot on the left button and stepped on the right arrow and.. both arrows triggered. Then I lifted my right foot off the right arrow and it triggered again. Then I put it back down and the BACK arrow was triggered.

Basically, I love this game but it's no longer fun because I get so frustrated failing 6-foot songs that I could ace with no problem before. If a song has a lot of stream, there's no way I'll pass it because 1/2 the time the arrows don't work or the wrong arrow triggers.

I spent another $10+ on a piece of plywood, cut it down and taped my pad to it and there's no change. Actually it's worse now because the house shakes more (I'm 190 pounds and I live in a not-very-sturdy trailer).

I'm just really frustrated. I don't know what to do. I don't want to spend any more money on a pad, especially if this is the kind of "quality" I get for nearly $50.

It's like playing your favorite fighting game on a controller where half the buttons don't work...
"Personally... I'll play anything. Its a dancing game and thats all right. If I dont like it, I won't play it. If I do, I will. Even if some God forsaken "dancing simulation" game titled "Bill Blanks' Extreme Tae Bo Pumping Dance Party Collection Groove feat. Montel Williams" were to ever stick its ugly face out from under my bed, I'd still play the damn thing. "
-The Strong Julio!
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
FDM_
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=49672&start=1480

Share your storys about soft pads here E1.gif
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Shinmizu
Staff Member
Staff Member

2. PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Locked, re: last poster's suggestion.
For a Good time, call 555-1212 and ask for Susan. For a Great time, call 555-3487 and ask for Mindy. For a Perfect time, call 555-6341 and ask for Stephanie. For a Marvelous time, call 555-6341 and ask for Stephanie's mom.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: