Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDR Iraq Mix

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hakle:Prime
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:17 am    Post subject: DDR Iraq Mix Reply with quote

Alright, here's the skinny-

I'm a US Marine, prepping for a one year tour in the God forsaken land of Iraq. So, I checked the locations tab, and, sure enough, no DDR machines. Now, I'm a fairly good player, decent amount of AAAs, pretty low scores on some hard songs, I can't use those soft pads, none are durable enough, or cost effective. I was wondering if anyone can mod a Cobalt Flux to be:

1:Portable
2:Quick to assemble
3:Quick to dissassemble
4:Sandproof

Think anyone is up to this task? I'm willing to shell out the 300, but only if I can find a solution. This is something that has to fit in a seabag, so I was thinking about a way to dismantle it into the nine different squares. Just a jump pad for anyone who wants to help.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

1. PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not an Ignition or some other softpad? That would be much easier to transport, and you could mod it there later (attach it to a wood panel or something).

If you try to carve up a metal pad into assemble-able pieces, you'll probably make it much more damage-prone, and basically ruin the entire reason you bought a metal pad to begin with.

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Verified
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

now THATS what I call DDR dedication!!!

I'll have to see about sending a care package to my friend with some DDR stuff... Nice idea you got there!
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had really bad luck with the Ignition series, they just aren't durable enough when you have all the 10s at your disposal, and they aren't so great for me with very technical songs, like Burning Heat! say. Hmm, we'll see.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Anima
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your not going to summer camp, I don't see how there is any additional room to bring something like a DDR pad with you even if it is made more portable. I thought shipping off meant you were going to war/occupation; not a friend's house. I'd be more concerned with other things than DDR. But, if you can find the time to do it over there then more power to you. There is a way to make a metal pad pad, like a cobalt flux, portable. It's very possible to just rewire the pad itself and put electrical connectors in the places where you seperate it. You would also need to install attachment clips to keep the thing together when you play. That's all there really is to it besides the sealing of the actual pieces. I wouldn't recommend doing it yourself; but, it can be done for around $100 or less, not $300. Maybe you will get lucky and someone with real credentials will read this and help you out. laugh.gif
PureBlue
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hakle:Prime wrote:
I've had really bad luck with the Ignition series, they just aren't durable enough when you have all the 10s at your disposal, and they aren't so great for me with very technical songs, like Burning Heat! say. Hmm, we'll see.

Were you using RedOctane Ignitions? 'Cause the redoctane ignitions are utter crap. I would recommend getting a DX-Xtreme from buynshop.com (which is pretty much the same thing as an Ignition) or an Igntion v2.5 at mymybox.com. You can also get them at cyphergames.com or ddrgame.com.
View users profile Send private message
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: