Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDR fighting obesity
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dnL
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you see that li'l Asian girl with the plaid skirt and red shirt and converses? That's me!!

*beams* I'm famous. E1.gif

It's great what kind of publicity you can get when you go to E3... E1.gif
woodasaur
Basic Member
Basic Member

21. PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dnL wrote:
Do you see that li'l Asian girl with the plaid skirt and red shirt and converses? That's me!!

I guess you were pretty fat too E19.gif

lolfyadlol
View users profile Send private message
Tuplica
Basic Member
Basic Member

22. PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Between eating better and playing DDR for fun (not for hours at a time) I've lost about 20 pounds (160-142) over a year. Unfortunately I happen to have arthritis, so even when I feel physically well enough to go for a long, long time, my joints get all tied up before I can get anywhere past 30 minutes. Probably the only reason I haven't lost more weight. But hey, I'm not complaining, 18 pounds is 18 pounds. biggrin.gif

So do all who live in these times, but that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
DanceDanceRevolutionist
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodasaur wrote:
dnL wrote:

Thats wrong.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
TrippinTheTrance
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoL, i'll be honest, I have no shame, I started for weightloss frown.gif just yesterday actually E1.gif There was this thing on the local news (indianapolis) about a kid from indy who played for a year, ate sensibly and lost 70pounds. My girlfriend was getting on to me about only wanting to play video games and listen to techno, and not exersising enough, so DDR was kind of a good fit for me E1.gif E1.gif E1.gif I suck tho frown.gif

-chris
dmarsee
Basic Member
Basic Member

25. PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrippinTheTrance wrote:
LoL, i'll be honest, I have no shame, I started for weightloss frown.gif just yesterday actually E1.gif There was this thing on the local news (indianapolis) about a kid from indy who played for a year, ate sensibly and lost 70pounds. My girlfriend was getting on to me about only wanting to play video games and listen to techno, and not exersising enough, so DDR was kind of a good fit for me E1.gif E1.gif E1.gif I suck tho frown.gif

-chris

I'm right there, with you, Chris.

I just started about 3-4 weeks ago, and it has worked for me. I have lost about 7-8 lbs., but I like it mostly for the daily activity. I have a 9-hour-a-day desk job, so DDR is my daily active time. I spend 30-40 minutes playing "beginner workout" in the morning, and have fun in game mode in the evening.
I started as a HORRIBLE player, and have improved a TON in just 1 month. Just keep practicing!
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
dnL
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodasaur wrote:
dnL wrote:

haaha... hardly. E13.gif It was all about bad press... They needed a very not-so-fat girl to show playing didder and I just happened to be there... as far as i know it, I can sue CNN for not getting permission from me to use that footage. biggrin.gif
J Dogg
Administrator
Administrator

27. PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodasaur wrote:

BANNED

Good riddance.
Administrator
Administrator

28. PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dnL wrote:
haaha... hardly. E13.gif It was all about bad press... They needed a very not-so-fat girl to show playing didder and I just happened to be there... as far as i know it, I can sue CNN for not getting permission from me to use that footage. biggrin.gif[/quote]

I thought they only need permission if you're under 18. And of course, if you were at E3, you were *supposed* to be over 18.
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

29. PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is starting to get off-topic, but I'm actually pretty sure as you walk into E3 there was a giant sign that acted as a disclaimer for all media that let you know that as you walked into the place you might end up being taped for various media outlets. Pretty standard disclaimer. There's probably something in the fine print of the E3 admission forms too. I know I was taped several times playing various games for different outlets, I don't recall them all, I think one was Nickelodeon... and was never asked to sign a permission form E10.gif

Anyway, dnL that's awesome you made the news story, congratulations!!! love.gif

*steering back on topic* as for the video itself, did anyone else have audio problems when watching the video? I could hear the narration just fine but not the interviews... hmm oh well it looked like a good story.
Trick Member
Trick Member

30. PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the funny thing i saw was that one kid they interviewed. how still he sat... moving only his mouth. (i'm referring to the blonde guy)

anyway, i've only lost about 5 lbs playing DDR. i've been playing since february. i'm about 140 right now, but i was rapidly gaining weight. since i started, i ahven't gained any weight, and lost 5 lbs. so i guess its not ALL bad... E15.gif
The song I hate most: Analyze (see DDR UltraMix SP3)
First crowd of more than 5 people: Fun Factory in Honolulu, Hawaii, near the Ohana East Hotel. About 10 people.
.:{the stud}:.
Basic Member
Basic Member

31. PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:16 am    Post subject: tis a sad thing Reply with quote

wow im so ashamed of myself...i sit here and read an article about a guy who lost 70 lbs playing DDR and im sittin here, eating chicken wings, when i could take a five minute walk to the mall and be losing weight...oh well ill do that later...yeah im 215 i think i should stop w/the chikin wings... E13.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
dnL
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Dogg wrote:
dnL wrote:
some jerk wrote:
haaha... hardly. E13.gif It was all about bad press... They needed a very not-so-fat girl to show playing didder and I just happened to be there... as far as i know it, I can sue CNN for not getting permission from me to use that footage. biggrin.gif

I thought they only need permission if you're under 18. And of course, if you were at E3, you were *supposed* to be over 18.

HAHA! laugh.gif I should have been... E13.gif I don't turn 18 until the 20th though biggrin.gif Psfft.!! What are they going to do now if they find out? Kick me out of the Expo? E15.gif
dnL
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skie wrote:

Anyway, dnL that's awesome you made the news story, congratulations!!! love.gif

*waves* Hi Skie... love.gif

I had so much fun with you guys at E3... I was taped for multiple things over at E3, so it doesn't make me feel in the slight bit nervous about the press, I was even interviewed by "Elle" magazine? Very peculiar...

Going back to the topic though: It is a form of exercise... but I haven't lost any weight either. I'm still chunky :\
J Dogg
Administrator
Administrator

34. PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dnL wrote:

HAHA! laugh.gif I should have been... E13.gif I don't turn 18 until the 20th though biggrin.gif Psfft.!! What are they going to do now if they find out? Kick me out of the Expo? E15.gif

Heh, no, just means you'd lose any kind of lawsuit you could throw at them E15.gif
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

35. PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dnL wrote:

*waves* Hi Skie... love.gif

I had so much fun with you guys at E3... I was taped for multiple things over at E3, so it doesn't make me feel in the slight bit nervous about the press, I was even interviewed by "Elle" magazine? Very peculiar...

Going back to the topic though: It is a form of exercise... but I haven't lost any weight either. I'm still chunky :\

I had a blast meeting you and bumping into you everywhere too love.gif That's awesome about Elle magazine, let us know if the interview shows up in there at some point... and you're a good looking gal, smooth brand, not chunky!!! E15.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

36. PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Dogg wrote:
dnL wrote:

Heh, no, just means you'd lose any kind of lawsuit you could throw at them E15.gif
*teehee* I know E15.gif
TrippinTheTrance
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Dogg wrote:
dnL wrote:

Not necessarilly. No matter how much you hate it, you can never take away sombody's right to sue. She could get a really great lawyer and sue for them letting her in without checking ID. But, i'm betting the people that put on E3 could get a great army of lawyers E1.gif Wow, sorry for being so completely off-topic its not even funny E1.gif

-chris
J Dogg
Administrator
Administrator

38. PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrippinTheTrance wrote:
J Dogg wrote:

Not necessarilly. No matter how much you hate it, you can never take away sombody's right to sue. She could get a really great lawyer and sue for them letting her in without checking ID. But, i'm betting the people that put on E3 could get a great army of lawyers E1.gif Wow, sorry for being so completely off-topic its not even funny E1.gif

I worded it carefully. She'd lose any kind of lawsuit she could throw at them. I didn't say she couldn't sue, but she'd definitely lose, especially, as you mentioned, because E3 can hire better lawyers than she.
Basic Member
Basic Member

39. PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The link thing doesn't work now becuase...its dumb. But I just found out about this and good for you that you got featured on TV. *Claps*

Now all I wonder is...why dont they show some out here...? My friend seems to make heavy look like light...he's good. laugh.gif

And once more I would like to ask. Does anyone hve that saved maybe or just a different link becuase the one doesn't work. E2.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: