Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Classical Music for DDR and Such..
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tSlater
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:41 pm    Post subject: Classical Music for DDR and Such.. Reply with quote

Well, I've falled in love with a new type of music.. Techno-ised Classical music. You know like V, Kakumei, Speed Over Beethoven, etc. Or even just music with heavy symphonic influence in it, like that one Brilliant 2 U from 2nd Mix I think it was.

So I'm try to figure out just how much is out there. So far I got:

(DDR)
Kakumei
Speed Over Beethoven
V
Brilliant 2 U (Orchestra Groove)

(PIU)
Beethoven Virus
Winter
Maria

Are there any others? And if so, could you tell me what they are what mix they're from? =]
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DJX
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy repeated threads Batman...

End of the Century (3rd Mix) - Beethoven's Symphony No. 9

Also, some DWIs you may like:
M - Moonlight Sonata (3rd movement)
Csiskos Post - not sure about the original, I think it's the same name
Winter (on IIDX as well) - Vivaldi's Four Seasons - Winter (like V)
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever since I got Stepmania I swore that one day I would turn Mozart's 40th in its entirety into a DDR song...
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Classical Music for DDR and Such.. Reply with quote

tSlater wrote:
Well, I've falled in love with a new type of music.. Techno-ised Classical music.

Heh, it's not really new. It's been around for ages. I've heard a good number of remixed pieces way before Konami got their hands on it. For instance: Dream A Dream by Captain Jack sounds...alright, but Dream A Dream by DuMonde sounds really good, and it's more on the trance side. Then there's Kanon in D. Very nice piece, and it makes a REALLY good cybertrance beat. I have both of these on vinyl. Then there's "Oh Fortuna!" floating around somewhere. Haven't found that one on vinyl. It's almost as rare as finding Silvertear's "So Deep" which some of us know that it's damn near impossible. And if you're getting into the whole "techno-ised classical music" as you put it, you might like the new one from Taka. I think the name of it is no. 13. I shouldn't have to say anymore than that. E1.gif
PxDnAkumA
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csisko's Post is actually from PIU. Awesome song with even better steps. God I love PIU. /fanboy
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJX wrote:
Holy repeated threads Batman...

Gah.. I forgot to check for previous topics... and I'm usually good about doing that, too..

Quote:
Heh, it's not really new.

Well I figured it wasn't new, what I meant was it's new to me.

But thanks for the help.. I'll definately be checking some of these out.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Drunk With Power!!
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A curious thing about DDR Extreme Arcade's Classic oni course. Does Saint Goes Marching really fit in there? I mean, it really isn't a classical piece...is it?

Also, there is a simfile on Bemanistyle called Classical Insanity, which combines 9 classical pieces into one song, including Kakumei, M, Turkey March(PIU), Csikos Post(PIU), Beethoven Virus(PIU), and V. Pretty nice, especially since I finally know what steps for Flight of the Bumblebee would be like biggrin.gif .

As for Classical stuff on DDR, they've all been pretty much mentioned already.

Rarr.

Tee-hee, myspace!:
http://www.myspace.com/stoopidmike
View users profile Send private message
AuntieM
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi folks. I'm sure 321 Stars has a variation on some theme. My husband, who knows everything about classical music, or at least believes he does, says I'm thinking of Pachelbel (sic?) but denies that this tiny secondary theme comes from his work.

Anyone know what I'm talking about, agree or disagree with me?

BTW this thread is cool. I also love the classical beats as well. Cap'n Jack was my first, then EoTC and Speed Over Beethoven. I can actually do well on those! biggrin.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i agree the technoish-classical music is pretty good not bad at all juss wish they had more
Flarone
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about Kick The Can? The overature that that song is based on is fron the 1800s, which is probably a bit more classical than B2U....
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very partial to kick the can because it's the first thing over 5 feet that I've ever passed - I just got a b on it yesterday, which is great for me. That's in the PS2 version. I still suck at the arcade.

But back to the topic - wouldn't it be great to do some freestyle routines that incorporate the classical or older themes? Like try to get some actual can-can style kicks in kick the can? Or maybe conduct V? Maybe someone has already...
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about A. That is a pretty good...classical....genre...thing E4.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
xBlah
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Four songs that have yet to be mentioned, all from PIU, come to mind... Dr. M, Pump Me Amadeus, Bee and Point Break.

Edit: E2.gif The Classical Insanity simfile mentioned earlier in the thread is no longer on Bemanistyle.... is there anyone around who has it or knows where else I might track it down?
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Japanese classical counts, Sakura is essentially a folk song over there.
View users profile Send private message
stardf29
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, let's see.

There's Glorious Days from IIDX 7th Style. I KNOW that the ending is based off something, but what classical piece was Angels We Have Heard On High based off?

And there's more: Look for ANY song by Waldeus von dovjak (sp?). He does all sorts of classical medleys for pop'n music.

I would consider .59 to have symphonic influences, as well.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Ryu_Hirakashi
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be better to have to real thing than to listen to that technoized garbage. But since I have pop n' now I don't have dream anymore. E7.gif

Hirakashi Ryu
For a beginner, if learning how to play pop'n music is like a parent holding his / her child's hand while crossing a busty street, then learning to play IIDX is like being kicked out of a moving car in the middle of nowhere and having to scrape enough money for a taxi cab ride home.

Last edited by Ryu_Hirakashi on Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Redwngs13
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I love classical remixed music. I bought a CD from Borders called Rhythmic Fission. Its alright, but it doesnt have enough trance-ish style to it, cause thats what i like. I really love the song V. And I would really like to hear that Classical Insanity sim file, but like mentioned earlier, its not on Bemanistyle. frown.gif

Myspace
"Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking!" - Scarecrow, Wizard of Oz
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
tSlater
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy Old Topics, Batman O_O

Anywho, I have like 2 different copies fo that simfile made by like two different people.. maybe I can upload them sometime or something.

Anywho, all the fanmade simfiles I find for Flight of the Bumble Bee variants kinda suck.. They're either just long eight note runs (boring) or long sixteenth note runs (again, boring). The only good Flight of the Bumble Bee variant I've yet to play is Bee on PIU...
Dancing Dan
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hyperactive Underachiever wrote:
A curious thing about DDR Extreme Arcade's Classic oni course. Does Saint Goes Marching really fit in there? I mean, it really isn't a classical piece...is it?

Well i barley play oni anymore, but is the course called Arcade's Classic or Arcade's Classical? If its classic then it fits fine cuz its a good classic in general. As far as a classical song it isnt.

Another good symphonic type of remix is Frozen Ray and Colors IIDX versions. Because its the IIDX versions there is more focus on the symphonic features.
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, but don't even try to compare classical music with this garbage. It only wants to be classical music, but that it can never be. I'm severely insulted that people would even dare to put classical and techno in the same sentence.

But say what you people want. Most of you would cower before the complexity of any classical piece if there were any in any DDR mix.

Hirakashi Ryu
For a beginner, if learning how to play pop'n music is like a parent holding his / her child's hand while crossing a busty street, then learning to play IIDX is like being kicked out of a moving car in the middle of nowhere and having to scrape enough money for a taxi cab ride home.
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: