Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDR Freak on the radio next Sunday
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J Dogg
Administrator
Administrator

0. PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 10:55 pm    Post subject: DDR Freak on the radio next Sunday Reply with quote

Pakwan Kenobi and I will be featured on ChatterBox Video Game Radio this Sunday, May 9, at 1:00 pm Pacific Time. If you are in Arizona, you can tune in on KFNX 1100, and the rest of you can listen live on the Internet. We look forward to being on the show!
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. I'll try and tune in.
Stern vs The DDR FCC
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I would if I could but I can't so I won't. Most people will be busy working or at school during that time so...

Just plug Pop N' Music. DDR is dead unless E3 says otherwise.
Administrator
Administrator

3. PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barf wrote:
Wow, I would if I could but I can't so I won't. Most people will be busy working or at school during that time so...

It's a sunday...
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait.....there really is a radio station called ChatterBox? o_O I thought it was just a GTA3 thing....j/k lol

Wow, that sounds cool...I'll definately tune in ^^
So what kinda questions do you think you guys will be asked?

Osaka wants some love tooooooo
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
goose945
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They might get questions like.....

¿Que tipo de coche te gusta?
or
¿En que puedo servirle?

but then again thats just what I would ask E13.gif
View users profile Send private message
DAVEOWNSYOU
Basic Member
Basic Member

6. PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol
SP 500 luv B' COK
MowAlon
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 4:12 pm    Post subject: I can't say that Reply with quote

Nope, I can personally guarantee that we will not ask either of those questions because I don't speak spanish. I will, however, discuss the not-so-secret society that is DDR/Bemani and how they became one of the most popular hubs of DDR info.

One of the goals of the show is to give the public the opportunity to speak with the guests we have on the show. ChatterBox Video Game Radio is trying to give live, voice-to-voice access to industry insiders who may normally be unavailable to the masses.

We also give away prizes. RedOctane is sponsoring the week's show by allowing us to give away a brand new Ignition Pad and T-shirt to the winner of a contest we'll be running on the air. We'll have two callers competing for the prize by choosing who they think will score higher - my producer, Luke, or cohost, Don, both of whom I don't think have ever played.

So listen in and let us know what you think of the show. If you want to be part of the contest this Sunday, just listen for when you need to call.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
goose945
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 5:18 pm    Post subject: Lemme translate that Reply with quote

All i said was what type of car do you like? and How can i help you?

The contest thing sounds very cool and i really want one of those red octanes but for me that would be a crazy long distance call and ill probably be sleeping at that time
But if i lived in arizona i'd give you radio people a call or two E1.gif
Dur'rian
Basic Member
Basic Member

9. PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might sound stupid but...

How does one go about listening to this over the internet?

Please dont flame this n00b post, I promise I usually dont ask basic questions like this.
d7
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay for arizona, I'll tune in. =)
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MowAlon
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 6:57 am    Post subject: It's Toll-free To Call! Reply with quote

IT'S TOLL-FREE TO CALL!

Sorry, I don't mean to yell, I just don't want anyone to read your post and think that they have to pay for a long distance call...

For all the info on the show, like how to listen and what numbers to call, check out the show's website: http://www.chatterboxgameshow.com

You can try to get/install the software necessary to listen from either our site or the radio station's ( http://www.1100kfnx.com ) - if you've got iTunes or know what you're doing in Linux, you should be able to listen without the extra software.
Dread Phirate YYS
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where in Arizona is this KFNX 1100? I've never heard of it.

Radio KoL - The Moxiness Commands YOU!! | Eight New Zones!! Creator of the ORIGINAL DDRFreak Beauty Contest
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
MowAlon
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 9:09 am    Post subject: Central Phoenix Reply with quote

The radio station is located just north of 3rd St and McDowell, but everything is transmitted from a tower in Cave Creek. For more specific info about KFNX, just visit its site: www.1100kfnx.com
Dread Phirate YYS
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it's an AM station?

Radio KoL - The Moxiness Commands YOU!! | Eight New Zones!! Creator of the ORIGINAL DDRFreak Beauty Contest
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
MowAlon
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 9:48 am    Post subject: You got it Reply with quote

AM it is... It's talk radio, so it sort of belongs on talk radio, although it would be nice if an FM station liked us so much that they picked us up.

-Alon
Paranoia Survivor
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, kinda off topic but I noticed that the word Video Game got turned into a link. Is the site real? Or is it bull crap that send you junk that's not free?

And when do we call in to try to win? Will you guyz announce it? And if we win, do we have to pay shipping?
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arizona's weeeeeeiirrrrddd, dudes. i mean, they don't even celebrate daylight savings time. what's up with that?

"If there were a country in the world called Funia, Disco House would be its national anthem, as well as the name of its capital city. I was once walking down the street late one night when a hooker called to me from the curb, asking me if I was looking for some fun. "No thanks, Miss" I replied, pulling out a set of headphones. "I've got Disco House, the most fun there is." - Ishkur
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
MowAlon
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really sure what you mean about "video game" being a link, but I can assure you that the ChatterBox Video Game Radio website is real and accurate. We don't send anything to anyone unless they know about it. If you win a prize, you don't have to spend a penny. And the Ignition Pad from RedOctane is actually coming straight from RedOctane. We'll take the information from the winner and pass it on to the RedOctane folks...

If you want to try and win, just listen to the show and you'll know what to do. Believe it or not, we tried to give away copies of EA's The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King last week and no one called to try and win, so we still have them. Just means we have more prizes to give away later, I guess...

-Alon

Paranoia Survivor wrote:
Hey, kinda off topic but I noticed that the word Video Game got turned into a link. Is the site real? Or is it bull crap that send you junk that's not free?

And when do we call in to try to win? Will you guyz announce it? And if we win, do we have to pay shipping?

Ever
Basic Member
Basic Member

19. PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedOctane is really getting into this whole "sponsor DDR" thing. It's great.

Now if they would go a fit further and help push for, say... DanceManiax and IIDX we'd be set. happy.gif
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: