Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

"The Dance Dance Revolution" posted at GamingAge
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JJasser
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 5:56 am    Post subject: I"VE GOT IT!! Reply with quote

I KNOW WHAT"S COMING!!

SOLO MODE IS COMING BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!!

THAT"S THE SURPRISE!

or at least my guess...
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
dj-Luminus
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seriously doubt it. disturb.gif
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

22. PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spike wrote:
unreal14014 wrote:
I would love to go to E3 but you have to be 18, why? maybe next year i can get the inside scoop.

Actually, you have to be 18 AND a member of the press.

Actually moreso... for members involved in the gaming industry. Press is one, obviously. But also people who work in video games companies, people who work in video game retail sales, and stuff to that sort.
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
kaeliia
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So...what's the least important position in the gaming world that would still allow you to get into E3? I doubt being an employee at a place like Gamestop or EB games would do anything...

Anyway...Spiffy article. I can't wait till E3, even though I don't play that many video games other than music games.
View users profile Send private message
[DMB]dman.exe
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xBlah wrote:
Spike wrote:
Rychan wrote:
Float Walk wrote:
The article wrote:
[…] I've noticed that we do tend to have a lot more guy players than girls, the only girls we ever get are people who either try it out once, or sluts who are trying to get a guy.

MMMM... sluts. love.gif
Just by that line, the stereo types, I wouldn't want to read it. devil.gif

It's actually someone they interviewed. I believe it's some girl. The article writer wouldn't be stupid enough to say something like that.

No, it wasn't someone they interviewed, it was a direct quote from the current "omg where are teh DD-arr gurls" thread. And, if I remember correctly, it was a female who made that comment. E10.gif

nerd.

Aside from who said what...I hope EX US would have an online mode, but how would Ultramix style layout for a future arcade release under a US name sound?
Lyra
Basic Member
Basic Member

25. PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*waves*

Yeah... I be female, and yeah I made that comment. However I do wish they had left that part out. I wasn't stereotyping... being a girl myself and not a slut. I was simply stating that girls in my neck of the woods that I encountered usually only play it once, or were trying to flirt with the workers in the arcade. I'm not saying all are, I was simply just stating personal observations.

I'm not even sure why they choose to put that in the article, mind you I didn't know it was in there til I looked at the article myself. To me it seems sorta out of place, and as a journalist I would of left the slut comment out. While I believe my stating about me being a standard going up to heavy comment was fine, the other half of it didn't really belong in any type of article unless it was an interview in my opinion.

But I'm not gonna worry about it, what was said is said. I'm sorry if anyone took it as me stereotyping, it was certainly not the case.
Melvis at the Disco!
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

26. PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kaeliia wrote:
So...what's the least important position in the gaming world that would still allow you to get into E3? I doubt being an employee at a place like Gamestop or EB games would do anything...

Anyway...Spiffy article. I can't wait till E3, even though I don't play that many video games other than music games.

Actually, GameStop/EB employees do qualify for E3 credentials. Of course, you'd have to get the passes via your manager. Whether your manager is awesome or not, only you'll know.
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
Crono
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been...what...15 months since a main release for DDR on the arcade? As much as home versions are great, I hope they get a new arcade version announced, because people are losing interest rapidly as things stand right now...and it had better be a damned good release...
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today the Toshiba EMI website was updated with a new Speed album. Not a sign of another arcade mix, but usually the release of a large group of new albums is at the same time an arcade mix is announced, and in the past couple of months they will have released Zipmania 7, Trance Z2, and now Speed TV.
sandm000
Basic Member
Basic Member

29. PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Arcade version = teh Awxome!
New PS2 Version = teh Awxome!
New Ultramix version = teh suxor.
I don't think they should release a new version for ultramix. It had some problems IMO with timing and step color, so rushing out with a new mix wouldn't be a great idea. They should stick with an engine that works.

View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

30. PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandm000 wrote:
New Arcade version = teh Awxome!
New PS2 Version = teh Awxome!
I don't think they should release a new version for ultramix. It had some problems IMO with timing and step color, so rushing out with a new mix wouldn't be a great idea. They should stick with an engine that works.
1. You mean the arcade/PS2 versions didn't have timing problems? News to me.

2. What step color issues are you talking about?

3. How would releasing a new version of Ultramix *not* fix the supposed problems you have?

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Ramen King
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandm000 wrote:

So none of those can be fixed in the new version? I doubt they'd release the same game with the same problems.

[sarcasm]
I guess KCEH must be lazy.
[/sarcasm]
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spike wrote:
unreal14014 wrote:
I would love to go to E3 but you have to be 18, why? maybe next year i can get the inside scoop.

Actually, you have to be 18 AND a member of the press.

Yet another perk of working here. Shame I won't be going E2.gif

I'll give you good money for your pass. <3

I'd sh*t myself if a new arcade mix was OFFICIALLY announced.

-Jon
sandm000
Basic Member
Basic Member

33. PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C'mon a new Xbox version would Most likely use the same engine as Ultramix. And yes PS2 and Arcade have timing problems but they are consistent with each other, so you can really practice at home and take the experience to the arcade. The arrow colors are kind of stupid on XBOX they don't look like quarters, eighths, and sixteenths. THey look like if they are an inch apart on the screen then they are the same color, regardless of the timing of the arrows.
Don't get me wrong, Ultramix has some cool points...but it isn't anything you can't do with PS2, which is what I hope they are announcing at E3.

You may however consider my prejudice at the fact that I saved for Cobalt Fluxes (2 pads) then they announced Ultramix so I saved for an XBOX then I bought some PS2 controller adapters so the pads would work in the Xbox then I bought Ultramix, and I was a little less than thrilled with what I got. But hey I would still buy another Xbox version.

Loogaroo
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I get a confirmation from someone here?

Does the fact that Konami no longer has an Arcade headquarters in the US rule out the possibility of them announcing a new arcade mix at E3?
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
JJasser
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't know. It's that frigging simple. We just don't know. However, the odds are against a new arcade mix cause the Arcade HQ of Konami has closed. then again, this may be the suprise. We'll just have to... wait it out
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

36. PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The arcade division *did* close.

However, another US Konami arcade game has been released since then: Warzaid. It was distributed through a 2nd party.

Logical, if you think about it, since so many Konami games are already English-heavy. Why would you need a domestic office to manage them? Just contract it out.

However, the announcement of a new arcade machine is highly unlikely, since the general impression is that they'd be redesigning the cabinet to help reduce the bootlegging/piracy that sank the series in its later incarnations.

I honestly don't think DDR is dead in Japan. It is in a coma, though. I think it's just taking a backseat to other luxuries that the Japanese are spending their money on. Their economy is still on shaky footing, and people just don't have the same amount of expendable income that they used to. The US videogame market has actually surpassed the Japanese market in terms of sales volume.

Personally, I think it'd be cool if Konami could whip up a new arcade mix and sell it as part of an "amnesty program", whereby arcade operators rubber stamped an apology for importing machines/software illegally, and were allowed to purchase what would effectively be "Konamix arcade" (thus avoiding any licensed song issues). There's already a decent number of cabinets out there, so sell the software cheaply enough that it would be affordable and less attractive for pirating. There. Sidestep the legal issues and keep the series going in the US. Look at it more as an advertising expense than a separate product sell.

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
dj-Luminus
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...so does that mean Konami of Japan or any other division could release an arcade DDR here? Or...not really/why would they want to.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: