Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

BeFor Could Be You!
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustJeff
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

0. PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: BeFor Could Be You! Reply with quote

In what could mean even more Bemani games in the future, Konami is currently seeking contestants for a spot in BeForU and a solo artist.

Thanks to gamesarefun.com for the information and Cutriss for the link.
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
JustJeff
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

1. PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.gamesarefun.com wrote:
Konami is in search of two folks who would like to be featured in upcoming Bemani titles... Bemani Idols, if you will.

Beginning on April 1st (provided it's not an April Fool's joke), Konami will begin accepting applications for two positions: the first is as a member of the group BeForU (remember that song Dive that was featured in several DDRs? That group), while the other is as a solo artist.

If you think you can cut the mustard, check out the application page by clicking here. The competition is apparently open to all comers, but only females will be considered for the spot in BeForU.

The applications won't be accepted until April 1st, so if you're interested, bookmark that application page and check back later. Good luck to all!
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
Auggy
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha wtf? I am calling April fools joke on this one.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
whiteside
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: ? Reply with quote

thats the dumbest thing i've ever heard. like they'll actually pick up someone as a bemani artist whos an amateur.
View users profile Send private message
hi i'm Lain
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: back when ddrfreak was cool oh wait it was never cool
4. PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those crazy Japanese.

I just CANNOT imagine ANYONE American on BeForYou. This is like a bastardized version of American Idol, only in Japan and for females only, to get onto an already existing singing group that Konami pimps out to the highest bidder.

This really, really sounds like bullshit, but I'm willing to believe it, come the day AFTER April 1st.

NO DOUBT GET LOUD I BE KICKING YOUR NEIGHBOR
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dawgbowl
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh well, im gonna enter!

Im not female...
I dont speak japanese...
Im not the best singer...

But, I will win.
Basic Member
Basic Member

6. PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nothing could be more better than last years jooke of konami buying ddrfreak
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hi i'm Lain
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: back when ddrfreak was cool oh wait it was never cool
7. PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unreal14014 wrote:
nothing could be more better than last years jooke of konami buying ddrfreak

No, the better one was where dj 8-ball (Cesar) was said to have been killed in a car accident. Like...half of ddrfreak went nuts about it, while the other half totally saw thru it and called bullshit.

edit: now that I think about it, WAS it 8-ball that was said to have died or was it someone else?

NO DOUBT GET LOUD I BE KICKING YOUR NEIGHBOR
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Uiru
Contributor
Contributor

8. PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This is like a bastardized version of American Idol, only in Japan and for females only, to get onto an already existing singing group that Konami pimps out to the highest bidder.

hlep hlep wat # do i coll 2 vote 4 ayumi

*runs like hell*
~Uiru

"I just think everytime [Uiru] touches a keyboard, something epic comes out." ~Ω
View users profile Send private message Send email
LET ME SHOW YOU THEM
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

9. PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wonder if for the solo artist you have to make up a song or if you can audition with something, because i've had alot of experience singing BIMP during tourneys (we have random happenings in the northwest at tourneys..heh)
NOD
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be pretty cool if Konami used songs by other JPOP/JRock stars, like Hamasaki Ayumi, Morning Musume, BoA, etc.

Too bad the only problem is that it's Licenced material frown.gif
Oh well.
Catastrophe
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:53 am    Post subject: Real Reply with quote

No, its real. I read the announcement last week. Shiyuna left the group on the 17th and Konami is going to have her replacement audition exactly two weeks later.

Shiyuna is the one who never got any solos, ever. Maybe she felt left out, compared to Riyu and Noria?
Spokes
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[The Perverted] Lain wrote:

edit: now that I think about it, WAS it 8-ball that was said to have died or was it someone else?

It was 8-ball. I believed it.
Guderian
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOD wrote:
I think it would be pretty cool if Konami used songs by other JPOP/JRock stars, like Hamasaki Ayumi, Morning Musume, BoA, etc.

Too bad the only problem is that it's Licenced material frown.gif
Oh well.

They've gotten a few of my favorite artists in some of the previous mixes, though they tend to repackage it with a new artist name. Yaida Hitomi's "My Sweet Darlin'" was repackage to be by Wildside? Then again Yaiko doesn't really do much in the way of dance music...

Licenses, the good, the bad...but hopefully we'll get straight ports of songs if anything, ie, the Korean mix.
lildrchris25
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: Real Reply with quote

Catastrophe wrote:
No, its real. I read the announcement last week. Shiyuna left the group on the 17th and Konami is going to have her replacement audition exactly two weeks later.

Shiyuna is the one who never got any solos, ever. Maybe she felt left out, compared to Riyu and Noria?

didn't get solos? now i probably don't know if this is true or not, and someone might have looked this up on the global bbs a while ago, but wasn't shiyuna the mystery girl behind EK who sung Tears?

as for all of this. it sounds real, but yet why would they start this on april 1st? maybe it is, maybe it isn't. let's just wait and see.
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Noria was the vocalist for Tears, or so one of my friends told me.

The auditions look interesting, (not like I know enough Japanese to ever audition) but it would seem really odd to have American girls in BeForU, it would seem kind of weird.
ElLeChAn
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey people,

how are you? me, i'm doing okay, just playing max 2 on the ps2. aww, that's too bad that one of the members left because she might either feel left out or maybe she wanted to do her own thing. what would happen if they wanted her back or do a reunion show? i was reading the posts about an audition for the new member of beforu and i thought to myself, "why" you know? what would happen if that member would end up taking the show, having riyu and yuma feel like second stars or something? my personal opinion, they could still be 3 members in BeForU and still be famous in japan. for instance one vo1ce and destiny's child one vo1ce used to have 5 members. aimee left the group to finish up school and now one vo1ce is a 4 member group still kickin it. destiny's child was a four member group but 2 members left and actually had auditions to be part of them. but then there were 3 w/ 1 new person and they were as good. beyonce is now a solo artist/actress, kelly rowland is a solo artist/actress. i dont know what michelle ???? is doing now but the groups could be still called the original names and be as famous. but really, my personal opinion, if they are hella good, no need for an audition for the new beforu member.

LOL,
ellechan
Oolong
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they should get sana to E10.gif

"If there were a country in the world called Funia, Disco House would be its national anthem, as well as the name of its capital city. I was once walking down the street late one night when a hooker called to me from the curb, asking me if I was looking for some fun. "No thanks, Miss" I replied, pulling out a set of headphones. "I've got Disco House, the most fun there is." - Ishkur
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Geneity X
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell yea, Sana would kick buttocks in that group! E4.gif biggrin.gif

Last edited by Geneity X on Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total
Larrikin
Contributor
Contributor

19. PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sana is too good for BeForU.

Maybe she just sucked and they didnt wanna give her solos.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: