Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

RedOctane opens GETUPMOVE.COM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hikarate
Basic Member
Basic Member

60. PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Fiance and I saw the MTV show that Seanbaby hosted and saw the DDR Story. We are getting married in October and decided to try it out for weight loss. I had a demo disc with DDR on it already so we tried it out with the controller to see if she liked it and she did. So I have BNS DX pads on order and hope to start playing next week. I picked up DDR1 at KB Toys for $9.99 in case anyone doesn't have it. I'll pick up DDR2 when it hits $20. Anyhow, I don't see anything wrong with Red Octane using the story to sell pads. They also have the testimonial page which really isn't "Red Octane"Centric, but just about DDR helping people lose weight. Any of the other vendors could put up the same type of marketing page if they wanted. Anyhow I got a BNS pad, and I don't think the getmove.com website would have changed that, those RO pads are just too expensive for me.
BTW I'm 31 so add me to the old folks list.
View users profile Send private message
t3nacious
Trick Member
Trick Member

61. PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
seriously thou, this guy is a loser and shouldn't be mentioned
in the same breath as ddr

LOLOLOL!!!! *BOWS DOWN*
Sinistar
Trick Member
Trick Member

62. PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

t3nacious wrote:
Well according to your "beef", if a lemonade stand was on the corner, it should say "drink lemonade" instead of "get your lemonade here". How retarded is that. Sorry, quit trying to avoid the conformity and simply give in.

Actually, no, that's not right at all.

According to my beef, the lemonade stand would say, "Lemonade is good for you, but only our lemonade." If RedOctane's site simply said, "Buy an Ignition pad, you can use it with DDR, which is good for exercise", no problem. But the site is presented thusly: "Exercise is good, DDR is fun, but only with an Ignition".

I do dislike advertising, but I don't mind it so much when it doesn't pretend to be something it isn't. The RedOctane site is putting itself forth as an initiative to drive awareness of DDR as a motivator towards healthy living, but does it in a way as to suggest that the key to it all is the RedOctane Ignition, which just isn't the case.

And I'm not trying to avoid conformity here, I'm trying to stick to my opinions on a matter. I'm sorry to hear that you'd rather run with the pack than, and here is the high irony, maintain your tenacity in a differing opinion.

I'm not trying to change your mind about the site. You can love it or leave it. Just expressing my opinions on the matter.

CF cbox mods and more at the 'Pad'

Last edited by Sinistar on Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Sinistar
Trick Member
Trick Member

63. PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Empty_One wrote:

I couldn't agree more. The site is little more than a brochure for their pads. I must say though, the fact that the site exists, and the publicity it has gotten from slashdot and the like, motivated me to actually get off my butt and give it a shot.

So, then, it really sounds like it might be time to establish an independent resource for information regarding DDR and exercise. One that covers all the options and doesn't just put forth information that benefits a single company.

The RedOctane site is helping spread awareness. I won't dispute that. I just wish that people who wanted helpful info about DDR/exercise could visit a site not constrained by the profit motive of a single company.

I guess it's time to make one.

CF cbox mods and more at the 'Pad'
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Chris In Texas
Trick Member
Trick Member

64. PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, how about this

if you don't like the marketing thing, then don't buy red octane
if you don't think people should play ddr just for exercise, then you go play it for fun
if you don't think tanya should be doing this, then ignore her

thank you for expressing your opinions, but they are all getting repetitive now

now shut up and play damnit!
SaeNoDa
Trick Member
Trick Member

65. PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
if you don't think tanya should be doing this, then ignore her

YEAH, IGNORE MEEEEE!

Well, um, frown.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
BemaniFreak488
Trick Member
Trick Member

66. PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't Ignore Tanya. She's a really cool girl. She never did anything to anyone, so don't give her crap. E1.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Chris In Texas
Trick Member
Trick Member

67. PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite the contrary. I told Tanya about 18 months ago she was a hottie. I'm talking about people riding her because of this.

I'd never hate on Tanya.
SaeNoDa
Trick Member
Trick Member

68. PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

<3 AWWW you guys! love.gif

Thanks for standing up for me XD.
nurseminako
Basic Member
Basic Member

69. PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IguanaGrrl wrote:
FaerieLink wrote:
I know how ya'll feel like it is a big informercial, but yea... there is a whole other market out there...like.. since i have been working here, i have talked to stay at home moms who use it for working out...

OMGZ!!!11!!1! You mean that people over 18 play this game?!?!

E10.gif

I do & I'm 32. What's funny is that I first saw DDR in 1999 & first played in 2000, bought my first home version in 2001, but since I look like your typical mom (in fact I've played at the arcade with my son in his stroller next to the game), people will probably assume I got into it from this publicity.
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
IguanaGrrl
Staff Member
Staff Member

70. PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*blink blink*

Ok, maybe I didn't make my sarcasm dripping enough, because all of our older crowd has been picking my extremely sarcastic comment to respond to.

I AM 27! IT WAS A JOKE! E10.gif
Basic Member
Basic Member

71. PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:55 am    Post subject: gojeta4 Reply with quote

forget ddr im the best at this freaking game forget all of you especially that little punk ervin ramos
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SaeNoDa
Trick Member
Trick Member

72. PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, ok.

SO, www.getupmove.com has opened forums for anyone interested in learning more, asking questions, or for support.

http://getupmove.proboards26.com/

They're still a little buggy, but everything's getting worked out. Thanks.
nurseminako
Basic Member
Basic Member

73. PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, Iguana girl, i have an unfortunate disability caller literalitis - which causes me to take way too many things literally, therefore I can miss sarcasm at times. Interestingly, I can be quite sarcastic myself. E1.gif
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
FaerieLink
Trick Member
Trick Member

74. PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One last thing for all those people freaking out about us focusing on the Ignition pad to lose the weight...

i was recently asked to write up more infomration for the health section.. so i gathered research and made sure that it was a focus that DDR can help you towards a healty lifestyle... not that the ignition pad will...

the getting started section.. of course.. is a place for us to show off our products, but the health section is really just that.. health... so... most people will read that before they read get started... and see that is is just about DDR... no matter how you slice it!

so...that is it... hehe...

nerd.gif

ok... and yea..the messsge boards... i made a whole bunch of forums today...so...yea.. check it out if you get a chance!
Trick Member
Trick Member

75. PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: gojeta4 Reply with quote

gojeta4 wrote:
forget ddr im the best at this freaking game forget all of you especially that little punk ervin ramos

laugh.gif haha nice one fag... hey mods take his warning points away he was jk. he is actually one of my good friends so yea. peace
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
worknman
Basic Member
Basic Member

76. PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be 30 this summer and just got into DDR a couple of months ago. The sole reason I did so is because of its health benefits, and I don't think I would've ever gave it a second look had it not been for this reason. Now, don't get me wrong, it *is* a fun game, but I generally have more productive things to do than play DDR (or any video game for that matter) for hours on end - the fact that I can get some exercise out of it just gives me a good excuse E1.gif I only play it at home though. So far, I have not once played it in an arcade.
What I'm trying to say here is that the fun factor of DDR is not lost on those of us who use it use it for it's health benefits, though not all of us feel the need to go out in public and show off our DDR skills (or lack thereof in my case!), so you may not see many of us play it in public at all. Perhaps when I can AA 7 or 8 footers, I might venture out to the local arcade every once in awhile, but I'm fairly content with playing it in my bedroom for now.

As for the whole weight loss thing, the problem I've been having with it is that the more you play DDR and the better you get at it, the harder the songs get. This is not really a bad thing, except with the harder songs, it usually becomes necessary to go into training mode and either play a certain part of a song over and over again, or play it in slow motion, which kind of breaks the flow of a workout.
I am trying to overcome this problem by working on a new song in training mode as part of the warm-up, and then gradually increasing the speed as the workout goes along. I mean, take the current song I'm working on - Afronova in DDRMax2 - light mode, 5 footer. If I tried to play that at full speed not having warmed up yet, I think my legs would fall off E1.gif So, what I do is when I start, I'll go into training modem and set the music speed to 2, and gradually bump it up until I reach 5. So far, this approach is working pretty well!
DJ Lancer
Basic Member
Basic Member

77. PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I think the part of DDR not being given enough hype for being fun and such is kind of a given. The reason that it IS such a great weight loss tool is not the excersise... its that its fun. From my understanding swimming is the best excersise as far as calories per hour etc, but its dull.

However I can sit there and play DDR for about an hour without any feeling of boredom. the aspect of having so many songs, and so many ways to improve. I try to give myself a goal every time I play. I think from now on Im just going to go down the song list and do each song twice to try to improve my scores.

All be it Im still a vicious newb. =) My greatest accomplishment to date is getting A's in most the 3 foot songs in Ultramix =) but Im being able to go longer and with more accuracy. So its all relative. Hopefully one day I'll be able to brag about doing 6/7's without batting an eye like most of you. I've been playing seriously for about 2-3 weeks now. Only recently every night for 20 mins, and now up to an hour. Whee. =)
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
DJ Lancer
Basic Member
Basic Member

78. PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry for the double post, I missed a lot I got mixed up (old age setting in). As far as RedOctane, ya know. If I was a company making pretzels, just because I like pretzels, and thought they were tasty, and believed in the tastiness of my pretzels, and suddenly they said "Hey! Pretzels cure cancer!" but no one knew about it. I would do everything I could to let people know pretzels are great for you. And mention I sell wonderful pretzels. Its called buisness. They are not a non-profit organization. They exist to make a buck. They can just go home now feeling good about what they do that their product is making people healthier. As far as Tanya goes, you know if you lost 95 lbs, and someone wants to pay you to tell people about it or be their spokes woman/man. Do it. Do it as long and for as much money as you can. She put in the effort, she didn't do it for money, she did it for fun and health, she just happened to get a fringe benefit out of it. We all wish we were so lucky.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: