Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

RedOctane opens GETUPMOVE.COM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
n2oxide
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they probably shouldn't mention that...
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm glad that they're doing what they're doing, more money to Konami I guess... Though longer lines does sound crappy...
But hell, more fun with watching mothers play DDR and more people to crowd around the FSer and make 'em feel good. I can sense that there'll be a new addition to the cliques in DDR. Newbies, Bar Huggers, PA freaks, FSers, Wannabe FSers, machinebreakers and now dieters! But I don't care, the more money that goes into tournaments to win is MUCH better...
-Chef-
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sinistar wrote:
The idea is pretty cool, but Red Octane's execution of it really stinks. The whole site reads like one huge infomercial. I half expected quotes from Ron Popeil.

Just set it and forget it! ;_;
It really cuts the fat >_<

i have the worst feeling that this thing will bomb

chef, seriously

Legends of ChefCo®
Drifting to the sounds of EDM!!!!
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
Syxx
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I read the web page... it's that same broad that's everywhere.
dooo ooo ug
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ Drew wrote:
DDR is still quite an underground thing here in the states, and to me, despite all of the hype it's getting as a weight loss tool, it all seems so one-sided. i can say good things about DDR being a weight-loss tool, seeing as how i've used it to keep my 6'2", 175 pound build, and that my legs have never felt this good, but in my opinion, i think there should be more focus on other aspects of DDR, ya know. sure it's good to stay in shape, but what about the overall fun-ness of the game? what about the competition aspect? it's all a big part of the game, probably moreso than working out.

but i guess it's good that DDR is getting more publicity. more people'll start playing, and while that means longer lines at the arcade disgust.gif , more people'll be able to appreciate DDR for what it is, rather than just look at it and go "what the hell?".

Illusion of Team Infinity wrote:
Hopefully DDR won't become the next fad for everyone to obsess over for the next few months. Though, since I already play, I could be a God among Insects!

chances are it probably will. i get the feeling DDREX will do even better than MAX and MAX2 did. and well, for us already in on the DDR Underground, we'll just hafta show them newbies how it's done. riiight.gif

but if one of 'em passes Paranoia Survivor MAX Oni before i do, then there's definitely something wrong disgust.gif

Yeah, I also don't like how they're only really focusing on the weight loss aspect and nothing else. I think the workout part's the worst part... I'm extremely underweight and the sweat makes me break out even more than normal. I play it mainly for competition.
Akiba
Basic Member
Basic Member

25. PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:17 pm    Post subject: Weight loss Reply with quote

Well I've lost 20 pounds since I started playing on Standard (and later Heavy) 4 or 5 months ago. Another 5 pounds and I'll be very slim with
not need to lose any more.

What's great and amazing is that I haven't changed my eating habits
at all! I just make sure that if I overeat on a particular day, I have to
play DDR that night for at least an hour. That's it. It's really miraculous.
In the past the only way I could lose a single pound was to diet hard and
suffer from not being able to eat what I crave. And the fat just came
right back as soon as I stopped the diet.

With DDR I dont want to stop, it's just really fun!
View users profile Send private message
FaerieLink
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know how ya'll feel like it is a big informercial, but yea... there is a whole other market out there...like.. since i have been working here, i have talked to stay at home moms who use it for working out...

and with the nation on this fitness craze (like the discovery channel and CNN promotions with Bally fitness)... it is just putting out there another way to lose the weight!

I hate working out... i know i need to... and i know it is good for me... but i luv playing DDR...so why not focus the two together and share stories and get others to see that it does not have to be boring....

it is nice because you can do it at home... without those silly instructors like Daisy Fuestes (or however you spell it) or that Fitness Made Simple guy....

MTV does workout videos and tries to make them fun... but it still doesnt fly with me... so.. i am glad they are starting this... gave me the motivation to get off my buttocks and make a difference in myself!

*hugs to all * and HAPPY FRIDAY!

nerd.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really dont care what they do. I play it cause I want to play it. Good for everyone else.

But if you're put down Tanya just because she's involved with this, then quit being a chicken and posting here and talking about her. Go tell it to her face.
t3nacious
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...no, it's not that fact that she lost weight, it's the fact that she is now hella hot
DDRDooD
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermined this post laugh.gif

Last edited by DDRDooD on Fri Jan 23, 2004 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
DDRDooD
Trick Member
Trick Member

30. PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laugh.gif lol i just saw her picture and i take back all of the above laugh.gif
jraleigh67
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know what would be really strange. waht if b/c of this it becomes ultra maintream and doctors prescribe ddr to owerweight people
t3nacious
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.....please, tell me you are joking
SaeNoDa
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh heh, I'm glad that a lot of people are seeing this, but you have to keep in mind that this is really focused to people who have never seen DDR before.

What made me want to put together this website with RedOctane was the simple fact that in the United States, we (tax payers) spend BILLIONS of dollars a year in health care costs solely related to obesity. If there's something as fun as DDR that will help people get off their butts and do a little exercise, then more power to RedOctane for wanting to sponsor it. They've put in a lot of money to see this campaign move, even if it is to help promote DDR and their pad sales. You cannot deny that the Ignition is the best soft pad around biggrin.gif (Haha, I AAA'd Jam and Marmalade on heavy ver. Max2 using one).

And how bad could it be to put forth a bit of promotion to DDR and get Konami to make more mixes for the US by having good publicity? Or even just more games that are rhythm or movement intensive?

I just don't want people to look at what RedOctane is doing and thing of it negatively. It really is something that is a good thing in so many areas, even if you don't agree with the way it's presented. If you have any beef with me or want to ask any questions, feel free to send me a private message or an email to saenoda@hotmail.com. Thanks! E1.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Life
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IguanaGrrl wrote:
(Snag) Jin to fa wrote:
what about enoon? didn't he lose alot more than 95?

whatever happened to him?

He's still around, though work and school are taking up a good majority of his time. He is still much lighter than he was when he first played DDR. E1.gif

I think that this is a great idea. As I said in faerielink's journal in response to a troll, the more advertising done for DDR, the more people that will play. The more people that will play, the more copies of DDR that will be sold. The more copies of DDR sold, the more friendly Konami of USA will be to making us plenty of new DDR mixes.

DDR may be dying slowly in Japan, but it's still just getting a good start here in the states. With the obesity rates growing and growing, kids and parents alike are looking for good alternatives for exercise. While it is extremely high impact, DDR is excellent cardiovascular exercise.

thumb.gif Good show, RedOctane!

Yeah and it's not boring as hell like the excersize at a gym. I play DDR AND Pump and I tell my parents it's excersize and my moms has suggested I go to a gym. Going to a gym and running on a treadmill honestly bores me, it's the challenge aspect and the habit for both dance games that keep me going.
Seriously though En00n should join in on the ad, get a piece of the money. E13.gif Maybe you can get an appearance on Oprah or Dr.Phil if they run some segment of the show about it man.
Ryu_Hirakashi
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I can really agree with this ad campain(sp?)?

Why should DDR be treated as a exercise tool, and treat it for what it is. There are a billion other things out there that people can do to stay in shape that doesn't involve super dieting and whatnot.

I want new players to enjoy the game for what it is and not for losing weight. If I were overwieight; I wouldn't want to just depend on some game to keep me in shape because i know that their are plenty of options for that.

Well I guess at the end of the day I don't want DDR to become some weight loss fad. It just makes me sick to my stomach that people only use this for that and nothing else.

Ehh.... I'm done.... Agree....Dissagree I don't really care!!!

Ryu Hiragoshi
For a beginner, if learning how to play pop'n music is like a parent holding his / her child's hand while crossing a busty street, then learning to play IIDX is like being kicked out of a moving car in the middle of nowhere and having to scrape enough money for a taxi cab ride home.
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dance_More
Trick Member
Trick Member

36. PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that if this works then DDR will become a weight loss fad but then people will see it's fun and challenging and want to play it for those reasons as well. I mean who doesn't wanna play a video game where you can keep in shape and learn to dance?
t3nacious
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There are a billion other things out there that people can do to stay in shape that doesn't involve super dieting and whatnot.

You are just totally missing the point man. People try everything in the book to lose weight, and 90% of the time it doesn't work. Just like you said, you want people to play ddr for what it is, people will take to DDR instead of other weightloss programs because it is FUN.
SaeNoDa
Trick Member
Trick Member

38. PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You are just totally missing the point man. People try everything in the book to lose weight, and 90% of the time it doesn't work. Just like you said, you want people to play ddr for what it is, people will take to DDR instead of other weightloss programs because it is FUN.

Exactumundo.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
IguanaGrrl
Staff Member
Staff Member

39. PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FaerieLink wrote:
I know how ya'll feel like it is a big informercial, but yea... there is a whole other market out there...like.. since i have been working here, i have talked to stay at home moms who use it for working out...

OMGZ!!!11!!1! You mean that people over 18 play this game?!?!

E10.gif
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: