Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

April Fools 2004

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J Dogg
Administrator
Administrator

0. PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:32 am    Post subject: April Fools 2004 Reply with quote

This has been by far the most elaborate April Fools we have ever done at DDR Freak, and I hope most of you enjoyed it. The mods and staff certainly had a good time. It was a good break from the usual strict policies we keep around here. If you didn't like it, feel free to complain, but let's try to keep from flaming. Anyway, to clarify some things...

I was never on vacation, but I was definitely stripped of my powers. It was excruciating sometimes to see the stuff happening on the boards and not being able to do anything about it ;p.

We had been planning this for about a month, and the "Gods/Goddesses Forum" was obviously staged, including the contact info, snide remarks about the members, and evil ways of making more money to pay for our extravagant lifestyles.

The Bemafia thing came completely out of nowhere, and it drove me crazy a few times too, although it seemed to work in our favor to distract everyone from the real joke that was to come.

Our biggest mistake was probably including the delete button. There were many genuinely funny posts, edits, and moves that were abruptly ended by some user deleting it.

Anyway, even though it was so far fetched, melodramatic, and over the top, people fell for it. You should see some of the PMs and emails we've received. One thing I've learned about these thigs is that no matter how ridiculous a joke is, there will always be people falling for it, and of course, we'll be sitting back laughing at you =)
Administrator
Administrator

1. PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please direct all feedback regarding April Fools to the Site Feedback forum.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: