Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDR Extreme US release announced for this fall!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
QuestionMark
Trick Member
Trick Member

40. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay konami's site says over 100 minutes... but if you re-read the ign.com article... it says over 200 minutes of orignal and licensed music...

Things to make it purrrfect:
Online capabilities
atleast attemption of getting older songs like boom boom dollar and such..
some of the "good" songs for extreme like 321 stars or butterfly
rounds (3 songs a game, ultramix didn't have it...)
a "good" mission mode where you don't have to for the people who don't want the missions but yet the story can unlock some for the people who would like too
and last but not least

commercials laugh.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
discobiscuits
Trick Member
Trick Member

41. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDR Extreme essentially adds more musical selections and gameplay modes to the already abundant setup given to us in the healthy DDRMAX 2: Dance Dance Revolution. Heaving more than 200 minutes of original and licensed music at gamers, Konami has added music videos to the fray to give the lively (but weird) screen a little more oomph

IGN says it has 200 minutes of music... which is like 140 songs or about?|

sorry just repeated wat questionmark said ahh.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
thedarktemplar
Trick Member
Trick Member

42. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larrikin wrote:
thedarktemplar wrote:
Incase any1 didnt notice, all the songs on karaoke revolution (kkr?) r remakes, and all of the us home versions r kinda dissapointments,
and when i first saw the whole mission mode thing, i thought it wuz confriming my worst fears

DDR WITH A STORYLINE

that would really make it stupid

tlkin lik dis is kewl cuz it makez evry1 understand wut ur tlkin bout

What are you talking about.

i'll try to make this a little more (uhh) orgonized

1) all the songs on karaoke revolution r remixs, so on ddr they can't really say it wuz by the origonal band

2) the past home versions were kinda dissapointments

3) when i saw mission mode, i thought that it might have some kind of storyline like
"Oh-No! the evil arrow ships r attacking!!! use ur dance pad 2 activate the arrow suckers 2 stop them from destroying us all!"

and i thing u r all forgeting about wat would make this perfect is DLC (fyi
DLC=downloadable content
Prowler
Trick Member
Trick Member

43. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing that strikes me as odd is that there's no mention of downloadable content or online multiplayer capabilities. Given the big marketing push that Sony is giving to the PS2 network adapter and hard drive (and the fact that Ultramix has both features) it would make sense to incorporate it into US Extreme. Then again, maybe Konami is waiting to see how Ultramix fares in this regard before deciding if they'll include it in Extreme.
Trick Member
Trick Member

44. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the things that ddr extreme needs to make it perfect:

http://www.andrewsky.net/ddr/voni_101503.JPG

AND:

http://www.andrewsky.net/ddr/paranoiasurvivor_091603.JPG

DONT FORGET:

http://www.andrewsky.net/ddr/dropoutoni_101103.JPG
W1Ck3D
Trick Member
Trick Member

45. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pineapple_republic wrote:
W1Ck3D wrote:
i for on dont give a crap about half of these new features, the main thing i want is the online capability to play against others for this game. i know its already on xbox, but it would be cool for ps2 also.

Too bad.

that really wasnt necessary
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
thedarktemplar
Trick Member
Trick Member

46. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaXx..Unlimited wrote:
the things that ddr extreme needs to make it perfect:

http://www.andrewsky.net/ddr/voni_101503.JPG

AND:

http://www.andrewsky.net/ddr/paranoiasurvivor_091603.JPG

DONT FORGET:

http://www.andrewsky.net/ddr/dropoutoni_101103.JPG

does dat got anything 2 do with the fact dat u can AA all of them?
pineapple_republic
Trick Member
Trick Member

47. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prowler wrote:
One thing that strikes me as odd is that there's no mention of downloadable content or online multiplayer capabilities. Given the big marketing push that Sony is giving to the PS2 network adapter and hard drive (and the fact that Ultramix has both features) it would make sense to incorporate it into US Extreme. Then again, maybe Konami is waiting to see how Ultramix fares in this regard before deciding if they'll include it in Extreme.

Try to refrain from comparing DDR on ps2 and xbox . .chances are if they haven't already mentioned online play then there wont be any, dosen't matter how much you want it. biggrin.gif

W1Ck3D-Too bad.
W1Ck3D
Trick Member
Trick Member

48. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pineapple_republic wrote:
Prowler wrote:

Try to refrain from comparing DDR on ps2 and xbox . .chances are if they haven't already mentioned online play then there wont be any, dosen't matter how much you want it. biggrin.gif

W1Ck3D-Too bad.

i wasnt comparing , the new features really dont matter to me . The online connection is just way overdue. The content part really isnt a big deal IMO , just the fact that you can play against other people online.
Jaunty Ravyn of TLF
Trick Member
Trick Member

49. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I can't say this wasn't expected. Probably will be even better than Max2US. I'm certainly looking forward to a summer of predictions, as well as the upcoming E3 report. I think it would make sense, with the sheer amount of new songs introduced in the Extreme arcade version, for KOA to put out half in this newly announced mix and half in another US mix. I'd imagine, to put out a wild/semi-educated guess, we'll see A, Paranoia Survivor, Captain Jack (Grandale Mix), and Frozen Ray. At least A and Captain Jack I'm 80% sure on. Try me closer and see if I'm right. I was, after all, right about Paranoia KCET and Afronova. E4.gif
Oder Ofo 31
Trick Member
Trick Member

50. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we do get online gameplay (doubt it happening, unless they plan to release the info after the hard drive is successfully launched) then they definately need to fix the mistakes KoH did on Ultramix.

1) Better ranking system (not based on wins alone)
2) No little freezes in the middle of a song for no reason due to your connection (especially if you have broadband, like XBOX LIVE)
3) More online V.S. options, like modifiers and each person getting to pick a song to play in a best out of three match.
4) NO MORE THAN 2 PEOPLE PLAYING! Those arrows were rediculous to read while jumping around when 4 players were playing.

But like i said, probably ain't gonna happen.

As for Mission, it's probably like 4th/Extra/Ultramix's Challenge with a new name, but a cool (yet farfetched) idea for it could be where you challenge opponents (computer-controlled) to a game of DDR or enter tournaments. If you win, you earn cash that you can use to buy unlockables. But, maybe just sticking to the Challenge Mode-type of Mission Mode may be less confusing and easier to work with.

OTAKON 2003 DDR Master's Tournament - 31st Place

http://www.wwwfederation.com/
Includes DDR, NFL, WWE, and wWw. JOIN TODAY...please.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Nicotine
Trick Member
Trick Member

51. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm just happy to see yet another ddr mix.

i'm glad it's not dead, and that konami sees the usa/canadian market as a viable one.

and they should considering all the ddr releases here since usa max 1 have outsold the japanese counterparts BIG time..
Terra (Red)
Trick Member
Trick Member

52. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope we finally see Captain Jack (Grandle Remix). biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message
Setzer
Trick Member
Trick Member

53. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screenshot 3 looks like Stomp to my Beat...and I'm guessing we're finally gonna get the lyrical version of Candy as well

What we NEED to get though, is Paranoia ~Respect~. Fuck this Max., that was a horrible remix. Respect actually sounds like a whole new Paranoia.

If we were gonna get online capabilities, I think they would have announced it. So no online play is my guess

And what they NEED to put in is more 5th mix. Bring back my long songs! You want me to do a mission? Fine, make me show you the more Glorious Style of B4U and make me go to my Hot Limit laugh.gif

But yeah, Max was better than Max2, especially since half of Max2's songlist is on Konamix and Max (and 25% of their songs just suck)

And Gamelan de Couple...we need the Gamelans
Yan Man
Trick Member
Trick Member

54. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this talk about not much bemani other than DDR is scaring me. I really want A, V, sync, sakura, and the iidx songs to be in extreme. that's the part of the arcade song list i liked the most!
DualEdge
Trick Member
Trick Member

55. PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before everyone rules out the possibility of online play, Konami's website does also state "all-new surprises". This could be and ultimately would be the biggest surprise. DDRExtreme is also quite possibly the last DDR mix (at least for a long while based on what we've all heard), so why would Konami hold back anything? If done correctly (which is exactly opposite of what Ultramix is doing), online downloads open up nearly limitless replayability which nearly guarantees success. Finally, comparing how Extreme would do online versus Ultramix is stupid, simply because of the shear number of gamers out there that own PS2s to Xboxes. DDR was first made on Playstation and its biggest fanbase will remain on Playstation. Simple as that.
Catastrophe
Trick Member
Trick Member

56. PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Extreme US Reply with quote

Hey!! Look! The songlist on screenshot #8 repeats itself after a mere 6 slots! ( 2 of which are random and roulette, of course )

So that means that someone compiled a preview version of Extreme with only 4 songs on it and you know what that means....

DEMO DISK! flash.gif

So now we know what four songs are on the demo this time.
pineapple_republic
Trick Member
Trick Member

57. PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DualEdge wrote:
Before everyone rules out the possibility of online play, Konami's website does also state "all-new surprises". This could be and ultimately would be the biggest surprise. DDRExtreme is also quite possibly the last DDR mix (at least for a long while based on what we've all heard), so why would Konami hold back anything? If done correctly (which is exactly opposite of what Ultramix is doing), online downloads open up nearly limitless replayability which nearly guarantees success. Finally, comparing how Extreme would do online versus Ultramix is stupid, simply because of the shear number of gamers out there that own PS2s to Xboxes. DDR was first made on Playstation and its biggest fanbase will remain on Playstation. Simple as that.

Where is your head at? Not on your neck .. thats for sure.

Online play, forget about it. You know, if I was Konami I'd be thinking "why would online play be a suprise? If they knew about it ahead of time the number of copies sold would be totally different" You don't just "suprise" people with an online feature.

And are you people going to continue to Jinx DDR? Everytime a new one comes out somebody else screams about how it's the last one. When a new arcade version comes people are going to loose their minds.
Catastrophe
Trick Member
Trick Member

58. PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:27 am    Post subject: Stumped Reply with quote

Huh. I can't figure out these stepcharts.

1 = The end of Mobo*Moga, P2 is using stealth. laugh.gif
2 = ? ( heavy, 6820686042 )
3 = ? ( standard, 202024!4008206 )
5 = ? ( heavy, 46466202608 ) <- looks easy to figure out disgust.gif
6 = Sweet Sweet Love Magic, row 5 column 5
7 = ? ( heavy, 8000A0842086 )

Instinct tells me that all 8 screenies come from the same version of the game. Therefore, two, three, five, AND seven must all be A Stupid Barber because none of them are CSFIL speed mix. I checked several dozen songs without any success but I couldn't check A Stupid Barber because I don't have my copy of Extreme at the moment and this site doesn't have A Stupid Barber's stepchart. ( And Google failed me once again )
AlexMax
Trick Member
Trick Member

59. PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Konami

A

That is all.

<3 -AlexMax

OK I lied. I was pleasently surprised by Tomorrow Perfume. In fact, it got me interested in IIDX. Something like Abstract or LAB in extreme would be awesome. And PLEASE figure out some way to continue the series. I would hate for the US versions to stop at Extreme.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 3 of 15

Jump to: