Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDR Extreme US release announced for this fall!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dj-Luminus
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is freaking awesome!!

Just made my day better.

What I want:

Music Videos
Exclusive Songs
Lots of Onis and Nonstops
Cool Exclusive Licenses
More Beatmania
Daikenkai!!

-I think it may be coming to XBOX too goto KONAMI.COM and goto their press release and and at the bottom it had TM and stuff for PS2 and XBOX.
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kung Fu Dude wrote:
I've been wondering if and how EXTREME USA will use the sort by mix mode. Obviously we'll have standard, alphabetical, BPM and popular, but what about sort by mix? I'm thinking that if we have sort by mix, it'll be split into these categories:

DDR EXTREME
DDRMAX2
DDRMAX
DDR Konamix
Dance Dance Revolution
DDR Ultramix
Karaoke Revolution
DDR Disney Mix (probably not)

since these were all of the Bemani games released in the US. I'm pretty sure we'll be getting a few songs from Karaoke Revolution. Speaking of which, if Bemani teams up with Harmonix again maybe we could get some songs from Frequency and Amplitude!

Now, here's another thing to ponder over: EXTREME for the arcades had a ton of repeats in it. I'd venture to say more than half of the songs appeared in DDR previously. Do you think this mix will also be repeat-heavy? If so, what songs do you think they will repeat?

And, of course, we already know that aside from the four songs listed in the screenshot, we'll have Highs Off U. Any other Dancemania songs you think will be in there? Cartoon Heroes is the only one I really want.

You know what, that didn't even occur to me! I really WOULD love to see Mind Parasite in Extreme US. And I'm really starting to belive were not going to have much if any other BEAMANI in ddr aside from the BM series and a selected few good songs (Mobo Moga. . ect.)

I'm thinking this will be full of songs that we havent got before in the americas, some returning jp . .some new all together. This could be promising ..

Now that I'm thinking about Ultramix and the possible new songs 60-70 would do just fine.

Heres to hopeful Basement Jaxx ..

EDIT: I still belive there will be a DDR1st-through 5th since we have CSFINSM
tribefan4ever52
Basic Member
Basic Member

22. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:16 pm    Post subject: Marvelous? Reply with quote

I may be the only one to not know the answer to this, but...

What are these "Marvelous!!" steps as depicted in the screenshots on the Konami website? Are they better or worse than perfects? Are they only available in certain gameplay modes?...
Aven-G
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hip hip hooray! I won't have to import JP DDREXTREME afterall, unless the song selection for US EXTREME isn't as good as JP's song list. I they put in a bunch of songs that weren't in US versions like Captain Jack (Grandale Mix), FlashDance, Boom Boom Dollar (K.O.G. G3 Mix), WWW.BlondieGirl, and songs that were never in a US release. I'd really like to see other Bemani game songs that were in JP EXTREME (Across The Nightmare, 321 Stars, Daikenkai). I almost fainted when I saw this headline on the main page. One thing that'd make me happy is atleast one Jenny Rom song. It'd be a real treat is they had one of their music videos (They're an Italian band just in case you didn't know).
Contributor
Contributor

24. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Marvelous? Reply with quote

tribefan4ever52 wrote:
I may be the only one to not know the answer to this, but...

What are these "Marvelous!!" steps as depicted in the screenshots on the Konami website? Are they better or worse than perfects? Are they only available in certain gameplay modes?...

You are the only person that doesn't know the answer E15.gif

But anyway in Oni mode and Nonstop mode in DDR Extreme you can get something better than perfects called Marvelous.
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i for on dont give a crap about half of these new features, the main thing i want is the online capability to play against others for this game. i know its already on xbox, but it would be cool for ps2 also.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Double-you
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it better have legend road and max quartet
pineapple_republic
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

W1Ck3D wrote:
i for on dont give a crap about half of these new features, the main thing i want is the online capability to play against others for this game. i know its already on xbox, but it would be cool for ps2 also.

Too bad.
Reenee
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my god, if IGN put this in to screw around with us, I will hurt them:

Quote:
Heaving more than 200 minutes of original and licensed music at gamers, Konami has added music videos to the fray to give the lively (but weird) screen a little more oomph.
View users profile Send private message
Umeboshi
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww.... I wanted Max 3.......

A Stupid Barber, CSFILSM, Moba Moga, and (finally!) Sweet Sweet Love Magic. Talk about starting off good. Mission Mode sounds good also.....
L1nK
Trick Member
Trick Member

30. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So when does it become released?

I hope the have Max. (period) on it.
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not looking forward to this too much.

CSFIL Speed Mix and Sweet Sweet Love Magic could/should have been in Max 2 U.S in my opinion. Especially CSFIL Speed Mix.

After all the anticipation I had with Max2 US, I am not sure. The default songlist was great, with the large amount of licensed songs used and good Konami originals. But most of the unlockable songs were very disapointing to me. They were mostly repeats. And not very good repeats either. Who really cared about Don't Stop? The unlockable songs are supposed to be mostly more interesing than the default songs, like all the other ddr games. At least the non-stop courses were well done.

So now, I am going to assume that almost half of the songlist of DDR Extreme U.S. is repeats, even though the arcade version introduced over 50 Konami originals. I get the feeling Konami is not going to use most of those songs just for some reason, be it with Japanese lyrics or it doesn't sound American.

I really can't imagine what they are going to do with this game. Are they going to use nearly everything that is left in Konami orignals that haven't been used yet from the arcade version? Or will we see a bunch of repeats for no reason, like Max2's unlockables? And I'll take a wild guess that all the rest of the oni remixed songs will make it here, including the original versions of those songs, which will be repeats, and they would just take up space that could be used for other songs.

I am not asking for an arcade port of ddrextreme, I am asking for a good variety/amount of songs that ddr players haven't seen before in American home versions.
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so excited that there will be a US release of DDR Extreme!

I'm also happy that my favorite song, A Stupid Barber, is quoted to be on there from this thread!

I also have some news. Could this 'Mission' mode they're talking about be that crazy extra mode on a Japanese 4th Mix (Home Version)? I remember on my 4th mix playing some missions, and sometimes it'd fail me because I didn't follow the "objections". I think they are just bringing that to the US mainstream. It's relatively old, as is for being released on the original 4th mix in Japan's home versions. I have it too and it IS good stuff.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
pineapple_republic
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superstar Player wrote:
I am not looking forward to this too much.

CSFIL Speed Mix and Sweet Sweet Love Magic could/should have been in Max 2 U.S in my opinion. Especially CSFIL Speed Mix.

After all the anticipation I had with Max2 US, I am not sure. The default songlist was great, with the large amount of licensed songs used and good Konami originals. But most of the unlockable songs were very disapointing to me. They were mostly repeats. And not very good repeats either. Who really cared about Don't Stop? The unlockable songs are supposed to be mostly more interesing than the default songs, like all the other ddr games. At least the non-stop courses were well done.

So now, I am going to assume that almost half of the songlist of DDR Extreme U.S. is repeats, even though the arcade version introduced over 50 Konami originals. I get the feeling Konami is not going to use most of those songs just for some reason, be it with Japanese lyrics or it doesn't sound American.

I really can't imagine what they are going to do with this game. Are they going to use nearly everything that is left in Konami orignals that haven't been used yet from the arcade version? Or will we see a bunch of repeats for no reason, like Max2's unlockables? And I'll take a wild guess that all the rest of the oni remixed songs will make it here, including the original versions of those songs, which will be repeats, and they would just take up space that could be used for other songs.

I am not asking for an arcade port of ddrextreme, I am asking for a good variety/amount of songs that ddr players haven't seen before in American home versions.

I couldn't even read all for the sheer fact that we know what .. like 5 songs?

GIVE ME A BREAK[/Tony Danza]

Last edited by pineapple_republic on Fri Jan 09, 2004 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Send email
GoLeafs28
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pineapple_republic wrote:

6.They said over 100 MINUTES not 100 SONGS . .so we very well could be getting a Megamix of the us versions like I already stated. 100 minutes is like what? 65-70 songs?

You beat me to this. Yeah 100+ minutes is what they said for Max2 US also. That leads me to believe that US is in for another shoddy version. This is why I import and why I laugh when everyone is clamoring for the next US release. I buy the US ones too but they always suck compared to the JP releases.
ZotTower
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres some pretty obvious information you can figure out from the info thats already available...

100+ minutes is only gonna equal 65-75 songs (same as max and max2...keeping consistent)

max and max2 didnt even remotely resemble the japanese versions of max and max2, so dont expect extreme to have all the other non-ddr bemani songs.

thats fine with me, since as great as 105 songs are on jp extreme, a lot of them are not worth playing. you should expect usa extreme to include a few of the jp extreme songs, and a lot of max/max2 type music videos and songs. it will be a really good mix.
Trick Member
Trick Member

36. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incase any1 didnt notice, all the songs on karaoke revolution (kkr?) r remakes, and all of the us home versions r kinda dissapointments,
and when i first saw the whole mission mode thing, i thought it wuz confriming my worst fears

DDR WITH A STORYLINE

that would really make it stupid

Last edited by thedarktemplar on Fri Jan 09, 2004 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total
pineapple_republic
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZotTower wrote:
Heres some pretty obvious information you can figure out from the info thats already available...

100+ minutes is only gonna equal 65-75 songs (same as max and max2...keeping consistent)

max and max2 didnt even remotely resemble the japanese versions of max and max2, so dont expect extreme to have all the other non-ddr bemani songs.

thats fine with me, since as great as 105 songs are on jp extreme, a lot of them are not worth playing. you should expect usa extreme to include a few of the jp extreme songs, and a lot of max/max2 type music videos and songs. it will be a really good mix.

I have to agree with everything you're saying .. .as much as I like extreme I just like my life being wasted while I search for the songs. I literally get to the song selection screen press start 3 times and choose from my "players best" category to get the nonsense out of the way.
Larrikin
Contributor
Contributor

38. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thedarktemplar wrote:
Incase any1 didnt notice, all the songs on karaoke revolution (kkr?) r remakes, and all of the us home versions r kinda dissapointments,
and when i first saw the whole mission mode thing, i thought it wuz confriming my worst fears

DDR WITH A STORYLINE

that would really make it stupid

tlkin lik dis is kewl cuz it makez evry1 understand wut ur tlkin bout

What are you talking about.
Trick Member
Trick Member

39. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i personlly cant wait. AND I LIKED THE SONG LIST IN MAX2USA!!(gurr)

I got ONE problem.

If they can get Be For U, King Kong and the D. Jungle Girls, Caption Jack(he was from florida, though, wasn't he?) and Togo Project Feat. Sana (me thinks) and peoplez like that to sell rights to the US, why cant we get Jenny Rom, and Rose and John to sell to us?

I mean, I would DIE if we got Waka Laka and/or Living in America.

I also would like 1,2,3,4,007,Hero(the fast mix one), and (gasp) 7 JUMP (I likeed that one.....)

Living in America would make a lot more sence in a US mix that a JP one. JP people aren't in america. they are in japan!

(DDR will never die........)

Parathenseies (sp?) ROCK (yes they do) ( E4.gif E4.gif E4.gif )

~yoshi
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 2 of 15

Jump to: