Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDR Extreme US release announced for this fall!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13, 14, 15  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

160. PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reiska wrote:
DJ-Cryztallus wrote:

KOA has introduced fully Japanese songs to the US before (a la true -T.S. Mix-, more deep, Breakdown!, etc.)

More Deep is entirely in English, unless my Stepmania .lrc file is completely wrong.

I think that only one line is in Japanese.

Also, don't forget Sana Morette Na Ente. That was featured on DDRMax in the US.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
PenguinMan
Trick Member
Trick Member

161. PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zaphod wrote:
To clear a few things up.

NOTHING more by smile.DK will ever be on a US home release. Smile.DK has spoken, they don't like the US and don't want us to hear their music. Why, I don't know. Other danish groups (like Aqua and Daze) have no problems with us.

100 minutes is about the same as most uS DDRs. 200 min, as that other site claims, woudl be jsut HUGE.

If it's really 200+ min, then there probably won't be another one... frown.gif

I remember hearing something like that about Captain Jack, but we got a song on MAX, and even videos on MAX2.

I'm not saying I like Smile.dk, but who knows?

And to the person who said unlocks are crappy:

Burning Heat!
Xenon

OWNZORED
"You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy." - Psalm 30:11

XBL GamerTag: PenguinMan26
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
mandymoo
Basic Member
Basic Member

162. PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MORE LIKE THATS THE GAYEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!!!!!!!!1KEKEKEKEKEKE!!!!ONEONEONEOMG IM SO 1337 laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif drool.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
EverettP
Trick Member
Trick Member

163. PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to get Extreme import here in the next month or so. I will prolly get extreme when it comes out, but if it doesn't have Legend of Max or Sakura... not buying. lol
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
AznRaver2u
Trick Member
Trick Member

164. PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it frookin better have lom and sakura....not to mention the least 100 sec.....its bad enough that max2 didn't come with candy (hatto). frust.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

165. PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PenguinMan26 wrote:
zaphod wrote:
To clear a few things up.

NOTHING more by smile.DK will ever be on a US home release. Smile.DK has spoken, they don't like the US and don't want us to hear their music. Why, I don't know. Other danish groups (like Aqua and Daze) have no problems with us.

100 minutes is about the same as most uS DDRs. 200 min, as that other site claims, woudl be jsut HUGE.

If it's really 200+ min, then there probably won't be another one... frown.gif

I remember hearing something like that about Captain Jack, but we got a song on MAX, and even videos on MAX2.

I'm not saying I like Smile.dk, but who knows?

And to the person who said unlocks are crappy:

Burning Heat!
Xenon

OWNZORED

I was the one who said unlocks were crappy cause SOME of them are.
Why bring back past songs that arent good? Dont Stop? Im glad Dynamite Rave(yet another mix) wasnt in DDRMAX2, yet we get more remixes of whats it called... the 80's electro mix. Just give me Boom boom dollar K.o.g.g3, BAG,LOM, and all the challange songs and ill be happy.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Yahoo Messenger
thedarktemplar
Trick Member
Trick Member

166. PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Omg Omg Omg!!! Reply with quote

(ridiculously long quote removed by Remy)

X-TwEnTyFoUr-X wrote:
True People Can't Accept 12 year olds... i don't know why. I Have Been Here For Quite A While And No one said anything about my age. So Im 12...Get Use To It. Whether You Like It Or Not. E10.gif

word from the wise, dont put in so many emoticons, dont act so hyper, and dont say ur age, no1 (other than the government etc.) will care iaslong as u dont ct like u r 1/2 ur age

Quote:
Im glad Dynamite Rave(yet another mix) wasnt in DDRMAX2

dont diss dynamite rave
Pyroblaze
Trick Member
Trick Member

167. PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverettP wrote:
I am going to get Extreme import here in the next month or so. I will prolly get extreme when it comes out, but if it doesn't have Legend of Max or Sakura... not buying. lol

lol cuz lik I only play 2 songs in the whole game
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Remy
Trick Member
Trick Member

168. PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Omg Omg Omg!!! Reply with quote

thedarktemplar wrote:
word from the wise, dont put in so many emoticons, dont act so hyper, and dont say ur age, no1 (other than the government etc.) will care iaslong as u dont ct like u r 1/2 ur age

I love when people cite netiquette and and then completely ignore the part about only quoting the relevant part of the thread.

Can everyone like, lay off each other? I really don't want to start handing out points this early in the thread.
Trick Member
Trick Member

169. PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet Jesus mandymoo. That's got to be one of the most terrible text/background combinations possible.
Gee, the One thing that FrUstrates me the most is when i see a sCreenname or sentence lacKing anY Ordinary rUles foR SpElling and capitaLization. Funny that very few actually have a rhyme or reason behind their methods.
View users profile Send private message
Arrow11
Trick Member
Trick Member

170. PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to make one prediction regarding possible songs in this mix, as well as repeats. I have a strong feeling that Konami is going to continue the trend they started in MAX2 (US) of featuring older songs and their Oni only counterparts... such as they did with Kind Lady, Celebrate Nite, Hysteria, etc. I'm willing to bet they're going to do this again with the Oni only songs they haven't used yet, such as the remixes of B4U, Matsuri Japan, Drop Out, Tsugaru, Brilliant2U, Afronova, etc. And of course, they will also include the original versions of all of those, if that's the case.

I'd also like to point out that if my first prediction is correct, they would only have to include two other repeats (Orion.78 and Exotic Ethinic) to be able to feature the Love RevenG oni course. Here's hoping E1.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

171. PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pyroblaze wrote:
EverettP wrote:

lol cuz lik I only play 2 songs in the whole game

never said that, I just love those songs from extreme and can't play them any place else but the arcade. I could name off a dozen songs I would love to play at home too. Either way, im not waiting for it to be released in the states.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
thedarktemplar
Trick Member
Trick Member

172. PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Omg Omg Omg!!! Reply with quote

thedarktemplar, well really it wuz remy, but..... wrote:
(ridiculously long quote removed by Remy)

sry riiight.gif
sfmm_freek
Trick Member
Trick Member

173. PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing from the list on the video at GS, i found these songs through slowing down:

La Copa de La Vida
Love <3 Shine
We are the Chanpions
We Will Rock You
I DO I DO I DO
Hyper Eurobeat
Memories
Vanity Angle
Crash!
Speed Over Beethoven
Irrestiblement
Cartoon Heroes
Tears
bag
Hold On Me
Miracle Moon
Happy Wedding

Unless this is an old preview for DDREXJP then i dont know.

EDIT: FORGET THIS, IT IS FROM THE JP VERSION, THE DATE SAYS SO. disgust.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

174. PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: happy Reply with quote

With all the talk about repeats...what would make me happy if all the songs recieve challenge steps...it would allow for more harder steps....that way it would be truly "extreme." That would make some sense to me because they are taking almost a year to make it.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
SakuraDDR
Basic Member
Basic Member

175. PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im gonna have to go with arrow11's prediction, maybe they're going to do the same thing like in DDRMAX2... remember that seven of the light blue songs had Oni remixes... if that were the case there would be my predictions:
- Look to the Sky/LTTS (Trance Mix)
- B4U / B4U (B4 Za Beat Mix)
- B2U / B2U KOG
- Still in My Heart / SIMH (Momo Mix)
- Tsugaru and the apple mix (this wouldn't be likely)
- Midnite Blaze and the SySF Mix (Remember what happened to look to the sky (true color mix), it was first a V-Rare track, then it was released in DDRMAX US, but hey we can hope E4.gif )
- Dynamite Rave and the remix (this is most likely)

well anyway if that were the case... i related my predicition from my theory bout the "themes" surrounding the previous DDR games in the PS2, that in the extreme the most dominating genre is the speed... biggrin.gif so that's all
View users profile Send private message
Makou
Trick Member
Trick Member

176. PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone commented that Konami has put almost all of their original songs into US DDR versions... I beg to differ. By my count, there are 113 Konami original songs (if you include "Club Another" songs and such) that have not been in a US mix as of right now.

Check this out. (Note: "This" is a link. It barely shows on my monitor.)

This list counts Ultramix as a US version (which some people don't seem to do, or they just ignore the game's existance), and doesn't include the four songs seen in the screenshot of the demo song wheel.

Also, there are many songs other than these that Konami could use. There are a lot of Beatmania songs that have yet to see light in the DDR series, and they could also mix up steps to create "new versions" of a song -- see MAX USA's Paranoia Max, and both Candy and LTTS True Color Mix in Ultramix for examples of this.
3deee
Trick Member
Trick Member

177. PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh god....this has completely made my day, i don't have to import....i can only hope that they stay true to the japanese version with the song list. I think the best thing Konami can realize is that really, DDR is played by a hardcore contingent of fans who adore the japanese releases and playlists, and that instead of putting in a bunch of US exclusive songs, they should try to make as straight a port as possible, with a few exclusives. Personally, i wouldn't mind the repeats, because having to switch from version to version gets annoying. As long as it has all the Max's and Paranoia's, plus Crash! and Cartoon Heroes....and Butterfly...and this...and this...wow i'm stoked E10.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
rouge_the_bat
Basic Member
Basic Member

178. PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 9:46 am    Post subject: ??? wtf!??? Reply with quote

Travelingpriest wrote:
I'm not exactly sure how much they're going to add... on the japanese version, the only song they took from 6th mix was Max 300. So I don't think they'll be adding too much.

As for #3, I'm pretty sure there's nothing past extreme... at least for Japan, because it's dead over there, even if it's building up here. We might get another US release, but as far as Japan goes, they're done unless there's some sort of miracle.

We will get Senorita. If they do the right thing and give us all the Konami Originals they put on Extreme.

I gotta wait for the fall now... I was really hoping for it sooner, so I can study and practice the hell out of PSMO. laugh.gif
what are you talking about?!?!?!?!? there was party mix. plus konami is making way too much money to stop it now. their starting over. i don't say anything about anything unless i saw it on an official document. and it says on som extreme machines and the soundtrack that their starting over. that could mean...

1. (unlikely) they gave up on japan(as if) and are focusing on america.(then why did they put it on x-box? now i have to buy an x-box!)

2. they are finished with giving it mix names and are going to give it titles like extreme, and partymix.

3. they will do a redo of the original mixes in one collection(also farfetched)

4. they are going to take the series ina new direction, like they did when they went to max.

so there is nothing to worry about! there is plenty of mixes for all! however i'm sure that konami will be cheap and leave out all the candy-pop songs, like they have been doing. it'll probly have 25% of the arcade songs, 40% of the songs from other mixes (you can tell which ones will be in, because the ones you never do and suck really bad will be in for sure.) and like 5 songs just for america. and for god's sake let us enter in our own songs. am i the only one who liked the diagnoal arrows, you know the ones i can't spell upright.gif upleft.gif those ones.
if you ask me, i think konami is pissed at america for taking their military back in wwII. and most of konami's best selling games such as gradius are military based. but that's only a conspicary theroy, or it could of been the original ddr diddn't do so well. and konami is afaraid another direct port will tank aswell. as you know the original ddr was a direct port, and i guess it diddn't do so well, cause i can't find the damn thing. that's why we don't have telephone operator or cowgirl.
rouge_the_bat
Basic Member
Basic Member

179. PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: Omg Omg Omg!!! Reply with quote

X-TwEnTyFoUr-X wrote:
pineapple_republic wrote:
Larrikin wrote:
X-TwEnTyFoUr-X wrote:
sweat.gif OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!! Thats All I Havta Say!!! i mean DDR extreme on USA?! AHH!!!!!!! I NEED THAT GAME!! MUST GO...MUST BUY!!! I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL FALL!!! 3 MORE SEASONS!!! frust.gif But I Guess Its Better Than Waiting Than A Whole Year.... disturb.gif Well I'll Probablly Be The 1st One To Get It!!! thumb.gif (or first 12 year old)happy.gif Well I Hope It Has Songs Like Extreme On the Arcades. If They Do...WWHOO PEE!!!! biggrin.gif
Well Bye! P.S...How Do You Put Avatars And Banners? please please tell me. Ill Do ANYTHING YOU WANT!!! E13.gif

Isn't there a law saying people under the age of 13 can't join things like websites? Maybe it should be enforced here, for our protection.

I agree. That was just .. . .

stupid.
disturb.gif Umm... So? geez i have joined alot of websites... blink.gif you people think your all "old"
all in favor of giving him a wedgie and stuffing him into a garabage can? say ai!
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 9 of 15

Jump to: