Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDR Extreme US release announced for this fall!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rampage
Administrator
Administrator

0. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:41 am    Post subject: DDR Extreme US release announced for this fall! Reply with quote

Konami has released a web site and details on DDR Extreme for the US PS2 today. This release promises, "over 100 minutes of dance music plus brand new game modes."

In addition, IGN has announced further details including the mention of a brand-new "Mission Mode" where players have to complete special tasks to pass a song. A screen capture on IGN's site shows four songs: A Stupid Barber, CSFIL ~Speed Mix~, Mobo Moga, and Sweet Sweet (Heart) Magic.

More details will be announced as they are released.

Special thanks to DDR Freak user G-Pan for alerting us to this exciting development.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
BeForU~Dude2~
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!! i knew they would release a us version of ddr extreme! E1.gif
and whats this about "mission mode?" E19.gif obviously, this one will have us ONLY songs, and i wonder which ones will be on there. i hope un deux trois and Max. (period) are on there...
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

::Squee!::

That's ... really about all I can say. "Squee!" laugh.gif I enjoy. I enjoy. I can't wait to hear more about the songs and what to expect as time progresses.
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have eight screenshots up on the website. Here's a couple of interesting revelations:

--Oni Mode screenshot. Therefore, it's immediately confirmed. Complete with Marvelous timing. Start celebrating.

--Looks to be a fusion of the Extreme and Party Collection interface, given that there is the "Select Character" option on the Extreme background.

--I think that "Mission Mode" is just a version of "Challenge Mode" (found on 4th/Extra Mix and Ultra Mix) with the name changed as to not confuse players.

Now comes the months and months of waiting. Yay!
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VAD, why do you say the mission mode is going to be us only songs? Seems to me like it will be a reappearance of challenge mode from fourth mix and extra mix on playstation one. But if its us only songs, it either means the songs will be very redundant in mission mode, or there are going to be a very large amount of us exclusives. This is likely however, since the trend is on the up and up. DDRMax had only two us exclusives, Sandstorm and I Like to Move It. DDRMax 2 had I think six or so US exclusives? Well, lets keep our fingers crossed for some good, and harder then seven step heavy, US exclusives.
________
Honda aircraft company specifications

Last edited by Desoulman on Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
pineapple_republic
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thing that struck me:

1.Sweet Sweet <3 Magic came out in Max 2. . I'm almost sure Maxx Unlimited and Kakumei will show back up. . which means the "from Max/Max2" category could have more songs. (please .. in the name of 6th mix say it's so)

2.ALL or MOST the songs from Beatmania, Beatmania III, Beatmania IIDX, Pop N Music, Drummania, Keyboard Mania, Dance Maniax, Para Para and Mambo A Go Go showed up in the japaneese console. . and I would literall cry if they did an exact port of those songs .. maybe more so if they once again leave out .59, Absolute, I feel, Era, I was the one, Leading Cyber and Burning Heat.

3.Once again we get a new game mode, I never belived for one second DDR was gone. And now we can look foward for mission mode, oni mode and nonstop to appear in the fufture jap release of DDR.

4.Maybe WE might get Senorita?

Way back I gave an idea about how cool it would be to have a mission mode, I really belive game companies read fan forums. Now all I need to hear is we can buy songs from points unlocked in mission mode. drool.gif
Prismatus
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not exactly sure how much they're going to add... on the japanese version, the only song they took from 6th mix was Max 300. So I don't think they'll be adding too much.

As for #3, I'm pretty sure there's nothing past extreme... at least for Japan, because it's dead over there, even if it's building up here. We might get another US release, but as far as Japan goes, they're done unless there's some sort of miracle.

We will get Senorita. If they do the right thing and give us all the Konami Originals they put on Extreme.

I gotta wait for the fall now... I was really hoping for it sooner, so I can study and practice the hell out of PSMO. laugh.gif
MazriM TaiM
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pineapple, Sweet Sweet Love Magic wasnt in MAX2USA, so thats why they'll be putting it in this US release. Maybe we'll also see some of the Ultramix exclusives put on this mix? I would love that.

Oni = Hell yes. I can't wait!
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the other reason is because thus far, the Japanese company has been able to avoid the catch phrase "Extreme." We're sad to say that that's no longer the case.

Someone didn't realize that DDREX was released in Japan...

Anyways. Good news. I know a lot of people who'll be happy about CSFILSM being in here. Hopefully there'll be something completely random from anywhere outside of DDR in the BEMANI series that will make me happy. (Like "I'm for Real" did. Nobody else liked it though E10.gif)
Indigo
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right, it's speculation and controversy time again!

Last edited by Indigo on Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dann with two n's
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mission mode? can someone say brake?
Larrikin
Contributor
Contributor

11. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indigo wrote:
All right, it's speculation and controversy time again!

I dont see any reason why they would leave out Max. UNLESS they were going to save it for DDR Party Mix USA since that mix didnt have a new max.

Hrmm im not liking the amount of songs we may be getting
100/1.5 = 66 song
That a bare minimum tho..

Last edited by Larrikin on Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
pineapple_republic
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MazriM TaiM wrote:
Pineapple, Sweet Sweet Love Magic wasnt in MAX2USA, so thats why they'll be putting it in this US release. Maybe we'll also see some of the Ultramix exclusives put on this mix? I would love that.

Oni = Hell yes. I can't wait!

Huh? What are you talking about? I didn't say anythign about console ..the sort series in extreme goes by arcade debut, when SS<3M came out = MAX 2

something else I noticed

6.They said over 100 MINUTES not 100 SONGS . .so we very well could be getting a Megamix of the us versions like I already stated. 100 minutes is like what? 65-70 songs?

So now . . I'm beginning to belive we wont even have all the songs from categories like IIDX, which is good because I dont mind Konamix repeats.
MegaBeatManMania
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not fair E2.gif they get Sweet Sweet Love/Heart(whatevere you call it) Magic and us Extreme importers dont E2.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
BeForU~Dude2~
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desoulman wrote:
VAD, why do you say the mission mode is going to be us only songs? Seems to me like it will be a reappearance of challenge mode from fourth mix and extra mix on playstation one. But if its us only songs, it either means the songs will be very redundant in mission mode, or there are going to be a very large amount of us exclusives. This is likely however, since the trend is on the up and up. DDRMax had only two us exclusives, Sandstorm and I Like to Move It. DDRMax 2 had I think six or so US exclusives? Well, lets keep our fingers crossed for some good, and harder then seven step heavy, US exclusives.
i guess i forgot to space it or something but i was trying to say that what songs will us extreme have that are us ONLY. sorry if i confused anyone. E1.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MeGaBeAtMaNmAnIa wrote:
not fair E2.gif they get Sweet Sweet Love/Heart(whatevere you call it) Magic and us Extreme importers dont E2.gif

What do you have to complain about, you can play japaneese imports and SS<3M is on 7th Mix and Party Collection.
[Chounouryoku] Hielostar
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet Sweet <3 Magic was on Ultramix as well.... (although this may seem irrelevant due to that game being on the XBOX)

Yay for Extreme on PS2! (Now it's just the wait that will kill me....)

I hope we get some good US exclusives without the sacrifice of too many songs that were on the JP Extreme.

E4.gif This has made my day E4.gif
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
pineapple_republic
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Chounouryoku] Hielostar wrote:

I hope we get some good US exclusives without the sacrifice of too many songs that were on the JP Extreme.

We need to be talking about how are they going to manage to make this EXTREME with 100 minutes worth of music. disturb.gif
Kung Fu Dude
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been wondering if and how EXTREME USA will use the sort by mix mode. Obviously we'll have standard, alphabetical, BPM and popular, but what about sort by mix? I'm thinking that if we have sort by mix, it'll be split into these categories:

DDR EXTREME
DDRMAX2
DDRMAX
DDR Konamix
Dance Dance Revolution
DDR Ultramix
Karaoke Revolution
DDR Disney Mix (probably not)

since these were all of the Bemani games released in the US. I'm pretty sure we'll be getting a few songs from Karaoke Revolution. Speaking of which, if Bemani teams up with Harmonix again maybe we could get some songs from Frequency and Amplitude!

Now, here's another thing to ponder over: EXTREME for the arcades had a ton of repeats in it. I'd venture to say more than half of the songs appeared in DDR previously. Do you think this mix will also be repeat-heavy? If so, what songs do you think they will repeat?

And, of course, we already know that aside from the four songs listed in the screenshot, we'll have Highs Off U. Any other Dancemania songs you think will be in there? Cartoon Heroes is the only one I really want.
[Chounouryoku] Hielostar
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see some of the songs that only appeared on the JP Playstation releases.
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: