Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

What's on your feet while playing DDR?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yukihime
Trick Member
Trick Member

1940. PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PureBlue, checked out those Asics/Onitsuka Tiger shoes online. Only ones I liked were the tai chi and man are they expensive drool.gif

Stacy, hi! Did you get these?

- the Jazz? Just picked a pair of those up myself. Haven't tried them out. The fit is weird, they're very wide for me at least. Had to go from my normal 8-8.5 to 7.5. I could also live without all the fancy stuff on the side E15.gif How are you finding them for DDR? Using them at home on a metal pad or arcade? Just curious!

Also picked these up at Target, they need to laced really tight because they only have 4 eyelets instead of 5 (or your heel can slip out), only downside, but tried them at the arcade and they felt amazing! And on sale!

and grabbed these, they had 1 pair left in my size, gonna go try them out tomorrow:

The side profile and sole are the same on the Rhea and Rebecca:

I really wish Champion would make another lightweight shoe with the Irene Sport sole. The payless shoe was the closest to that, which is why I got them. Maybe I'll take those with me tomorrow too, try both pair and see which ones work for me.
View users profile Send private message
jesusfr3ak4evr
Trick Member
Trick Member

1941. PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wear Puma Taper SP size 9.5 men's shoes in red with olive green. You can see me play with them here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bHmSZuisBs

Oh, and they ROX0RZ. Highly recommended! If you can't get a pair of them, go for Nike Frees 5.0
Trick Member
Trick Member

1942. PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wear my fuzzy socks that my girlfriend got me for Christmas or regular ankle socks.
jesusfr3ak4evr
Trick Member
Trick Member

1943. PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ineffable wrote:
I just wear my fuzzy socks that my girlfriend got me for Christmas or regular ankle socks.
I really need ankle socks. I used to have some way back, but now all I have are normal length socks.
Trick Member
Trick Member

1944. PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just get your socks at WalMart, that's what I always do laugh.gif .
ViceOfFire
Basic Member
Basic Member

1945. PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play at arcades in whatever shoes I'm wearing, mainly my heavy as hell moon boot supra skytops that are liable to fall off they're so loose E10.gif. At home I play with them for an hour, then swap to a pair of And1's and the difference in weight makes it feel amazing. It's training my legs better too.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PureBlue
Trick Member
Trick Member

1946. PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViceOfFire wrote:
I play at arcades in whatever shoes I'm wearing, mainly my heavy as hell moon boot supra skytops that are liable to fall off they're so loose E10.gif

You mean these ugly pieces of shit? laugh.gif

I used to play in heavy skate shoes too and occasionally I still do but seriously, Supra Skytops? Those are really ugly, I'm sorry. I'm not insulting your taste in shoes, but I wouldn't wear those which is saying a lot because I wear shoes most people wouldn't wear.

I've been using these shoes for quite a while:

They're still pretty heavy, but the tongue isn't as padded as a lot of other skate shoes so your foot isn't as stuffed in. This makes it easier to do fast runs like the ones in Max 300 or Konoko. I've A'ed Max 300 and LoM in them.
ViceOfFire
Basic Member
Basic Member

1947. PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahahaaha the ones pictured really are ugly pieces of poopy. Mine are here:

Idk if they are more aesthetically appealing to you, but they're torn to hell from skating anyway. I wear them cos they're comfy and for ankle support when I skate E10.gif. Right now they just look like torn up 80's moon boots. I never was one to be with fashion.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PureBlue
Trick Member
Trick Member

1948. PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those look a little bit better than the ones I posted, but I'm just not a fan of high tops, lol. I just wear what I think looks good.

I was actually going to buy these Supras, but I just never got around to it:
jesusfr3ak4evr
Trick Member
Trick Member

1949. PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No wonder so many people have difficulty passing 12 and 13 foot songs when they were terrible skate shoes.
Trick Member
Trick Member

1950. PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen videos of Damien doing some pretty hard ITG songs in heavy skate shoes.

Then again, not everyone is Damien laugh.gif . Skate shoes aren't terrible, but lighter shoes like Asics or Nike Frees are always better.
NBCrescendo
Basic Member
Basic Member

1951. PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the most part, I wear puma roma's. They are light and sturdy. However, when I play hard songs (200+ BPM), I use just socks.
racystacy
Basic Member
Basic Member

1952. PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yukihime wrote:

Stacy, hi! Did you get these?

- the Jazz? Just picked a pair of those up myself. Haven't tried them out. The fit is weird, they're very wide for me at least. Had to go from my normal 8-8.5 to 7.5. I could also live without all the fancy stuff on the side E15.gif How are you finding them for DDR? Using them at home on a metal pad or arcade? Just curious!

Thanks for asking Yukihime! This is what i got:

They work pretty well for me in DDR, i don't have a home system, i just play at the local college arcade with some friends from time to time... Still a beginner!
The Left Nut
Basic Member
Basic Member

1953. PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always play in good ol classic chucks. Red since its like my favourite colour. XD
Neegro Pleeeze
Trick Member
Trick Member

1954. PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play in white/black puma estio's or nike sb p.rod 2's..depends on how long im gonna play.
PureBlue
Trick Member
Trick Member

1955. PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jesusfr3ak4evr wrote:
No wonder so many people have difficulty passing 12 and 13 foot songs when they wear terrible skate shoes.

Some so called "performance running" shoes which are supposedly always OMG AMAZING for DDR are just as bulky and heavy as a pair of Etnies skate shoes. I tried a pair of these on in a Foot Locker once:

I don't know if it was just me but to me they felt just as heavy as my old Etnies.
*Motoko*
Trick Member
Trick Member

1956. PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tails. wrote:
Vans all the way! biggrin.gif

how thick are your vans? I used to play in tennis shoes and I would always get decent scores, now I play in vans and I tend to not get the good of scores I used to.

course i dont play much anymore so im probably just outa shape laugh.gif
arcade player
Basic Member
Basic Member

1957. PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use my tony hawk skate shooes they give me grip and there nice and flat.
Juff_ITG
Trick Member
Trick Member

1958. PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some puma commanders coming in the mail. Talked to a lot of people, and these sounded the most like what I was looking for. I'm an ITG stamina player, and hear they don't have overly good grip and are very light. Hope they work out good and aren't an expensive mistake! E1.gif Anyone have personal feedback on these?
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
PureBlue
Trick Member
Trick Member

1959. PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually use these Asics/Onitsuka Tiger shoes:

They're similar to Pumas but I find them to be more comfortable. They're light but decently grippy. I can consistently pass DDR 10's in them. I haven't had a chance to try them on ITG, though.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 98 of 100

Jump to: