Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDR world record broken at over 37 hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redviper
Trick Member
Trick Member

40. PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet it was hard staying awake that long. I really think that it's cool to get a charity involved.

The most I've ever endured is Endless mode on MAX2 on heavy no break. But that only lasts a good couple of hours unlike the 37 hours you endured.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
IdontGETtired
Basic Member
Basic Member

41. PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if I was only playing for about 14 hours next to him, and I wasn't able to make understandable conversation, you can only imagine how he felt. He was such a zombie, occasionally I'd do something completely stupid and I'd get a giggle, but no real recognition. Nearing the end, I felt bad for him.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
t3nacious
Trick Member
Trick Member

42. PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, no offense taken Link

Anyway, to answer your questions..

1. No, the arcade was only open to 10am-9pm. We know him well enough to the point that he trusted us with the arcade during afterhours. DDR was the only machine on (oh, other than air hockey laugh.gif )

2. Guiness is not like the Guiness you see on television. From their point of view, you are just some loser with high hopes who isn't actually going to break the record, but simply attempt it. So they have no desire to actually pay a guy to go to your area and watch you for 40 hours (or whatever you are doing). You have to email them what you are interested in, and they will email you back (like 3 months later, seriously) with the rules. Then it is your responsibility to attend to those rules, and then send all the information into guiness, and then you just have to hope that everything will go well and that you'll get your name in the book.

I'm currently in the process of gathering all the information to send to guiness. Wish me luck E13.gif
View users profile Send private message
Dagger Jaydo
Trick Member
Trick Member

43. PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... that would be hella cool to have your name in the record books for DDR... I was gonna try to push my Photographic memory, but that would be harder than breaking the DDR record...

I think i should go for this, for like a health goal.. I'd have to train at home forever.. but hey, make some hard edits, play them until i can play them all for half a day. I could do it, that also beat the hell out of my asthma..

Worries me though, all this DDRing has to give us muscle and bone problems in our legs. Oh well who the hell cares. I would love to try to break the record, considering the fact I'm not good enough to win tourneys. I gotta make some sort of rep for myself as a DDR player..

Oh well, I'll try this, and hopefully, I'll be the first person to die from excess DDRing.. Thats the way I wanna go..

Keep on movin' it... thats so corny..

"Unanswered prayers are themselves answers."
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rk_cr
Basic Member
Basic Member

44. PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this could go one of two ways.

First, I think back to a certain Korean who died playing games 86 hours straight without food or water...

...Or you could have people who learn how to play forever and have snacks all prepared and whatnot.
sevr
Trick Member
Trick Member

45. PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fi wrote:
Quote:
but I'd rather donate money to a person running a marathon or something than a guy standing and moving one foot every 2 seconds.

What's the difference?

The difference is that a Marathon is harder than DDR will ever be. Trying running one and then another day play DDR. It makes DDR look like Childs Play.

And don't say, sevr you probably have never ran a Marathon blah blah. Ran Cross Country all through High School. That is one of the things that helped me with DDR when I did play.

Props to the guy and what not. But he could of been playing another game or something. Like FFXI drool.gif
IguanaGrrl
Staff Member
Staff Member

46. PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sevr wrote:

The difference is that a Marathon is harder than DDR will ever be. Trying running one and then another day play DDR. It makes DDR look like Childs Play.

Yes, but what is the longest marathon out there? They're usually what, 26 miles?

Now let's consider the amount of time spent running a marathon vs. the amount of time spent on the DDR machine in this situation.

I'm not saying that running a marathon isn't hard. I'm sure it's damn hard. I used to watch my blind dad run marathons when I was a kid and I saw how exhausted he was afterwards, believe me, I understand. E10.gif

But I don't think you should downgrade this person's accomplishment either.

(By the way, my old Rocky Horror cast [Absent Friends] is in the Guinness Book of World Records for the most continuous playings of Rocky Horror - 37. I wasn't with the cast at the time of the record breaking, but I've heard all of the stories about it. E1.gif )
Trick Member
Trick Member

47. PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres is really no "Longest" marathon all "Boston Certified" Marathons are all the same distance 26.3something miles but the are two Marathons that are longer "The Ultramarathon" a 50K roadrace and the 100k Worldmarathon some of the best can do the 100k one just over 7 hours.
I did my first Marathon QCM(Queen City Marathon) just this passed summer, just under 5 hours would have been better had I not fallen at the 19 Mile mark. DDR was hard let alon walking the next week after the race. Good job on the record maybe I can try for a doubles only endurance record... unless you guys did doubles too....

Team name is Get the Arrows!

I SEE ARROWS SCROLLING...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
t3nacious
Trick Member
Trick Member

48. PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, I don't think guiness would care to specify a doubles record, simply because they didn't even specify that it was DDR, it was a "dance machine" marathon. So I don't think it mattered what dance game we used, or how it was played, as long as we played it continuous under their rules.

I should also mention that to get the official guiness record we only needed to go 24 hours E4.gif
L1nK
Trick Member
Trick Member

49. PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

t3nacious wrote:

I should also mention that to get the official guiness record we only needed to go 24 hours E4.gif

lol

Do you think you could post a copy of the rules for everybody? That way we all know what the heck we are doing before contacting Guinness.
Basic Member
Basic Member

50. PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He did not break the world record!!!!!!!!! it says in the article he only did slow tempo songs. I've contacted guiness world records about breaking the record and two rules were you had to be on standard and you have to do it in order of difficulty. frust.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
L1nK
Trick Member
Trick Member

51. PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unreal14014 wrote:
He did not break the world record!!!!!!!!! it says in the article he only did slow tempo songs. I've contacted guiness world records about breaking the record and two rules were you had to be on standard and you have to do it in order of difficulty. frust.gif

Why don't you just ask for flames from Drew and Chris?
Trick Member
Trick Member

52. PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well that is their problem for lying to us and suddenly changing the rules. besides, the article is incorrect, i did not play slow tempo songs, i played on lower difficulties E10.gif

Quote:
you had to be on standard and you have to do it in order of difficulty.

That doesn't even make sense though.

but still, i'm pissed if you arent bsing me man
L1nK
Trick Member
Trick Member

53. PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

t3nacious wrote:
well that is their problem for lying to us and suddenly changing the rules. besides, the article is incorrect, i did not play slow tempo songs, i played on lower difficulties E10.gif

Quote:
you had to be on standard and you have to do it in order of difficulty.

That doesn't even make sense though.

but still, i'm pissed if you arent bsing me man

We'll find out, won't we?
Trick Member
Trick Member

54. PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe. And if that turns out to be true, I wonder...

Is it possible to sue guinness for giving us false information? I meen really, it's their own damn fault. We emailed them "we'd like to set a world record for longest to play dance dance revolution". Then we recieved an email with an attachment labled "DANCE MACHINE MARATHON" and we followed every single rule listed on there.
unreal14014
Basic Member
Basic Member

55. PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the same info, and i mean in order of diffuculty by feet wise. I still think its amazing though.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TehChickenLuvin69
Trick Member
Trick Member

56. PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You people need to read the article again VERY carefully. Every guideline that was set forth by Guiness was followed to the T. The only POSSIBLE way that feat couldn't be recorded into the book is if the record is broken by somebody else before the next printing of said record book.

Go back people... read it again... it's all right there in plain, simple english. I'm guessing since we're all typing in the same language as that article that you can follow along with it.

Anybody like Unreal here who says otherwise, is just BS'ing. Guiness doesn't have any requirements for difficulty settings. Do you think anybody at Guiness even knows that there ARE multiple difficulties? Please. Guidelines such as break times every so many hours and 30 seconds between songs are just standard rules that apply to any endurance records, they're not DDR-specific. There was a guy who played the guitar and sang upstate from me in a telethon for a comparable amount of time. The same guidelines applied to him.

Congrats on going through what you did though. Basic/Beginner or not, just standing on those pads for 37 hours is quite an accomplishment by itself.
DDRDooD
Trick Member
Trick Member

57. PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about going to the bathroom??? goog.gif

laugh.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
t3nacious
Trick Member
Trick Member

58. PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laugh.gif It's funny, I thought my small bladder was going to be a burden, but in fact it helped a lot. If i had to go, 30 seconds was plenty of time to run to the bathroom and run right back in time for a song to start.
TehChickenLuvin69
Trick Member
Trick Member

59. PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDRDooD wrote:
What about going to the bathroom???

Gargos wrote:
You people need to read the article again VERY carefully.

E19.gif E19.gif E19.gif
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: