Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Cobalt Flux holiday sale
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hallway03
Basic Member
Basic Member

20. PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a pretty new player (about 2 weeks :\) and while I would love one of these I can't justify the purchase yet... one thing though, for those asking for the bars in the back... these pads weigh only like 40 pounds, is a bar going to be that big of a help back there if it's attatched? I mean the biggest thing I see people do is hold onto the bar for harder songs so they can move their feet fast... and the bar isn't going to be able to support that much weight without tipping over or possibly bending or damaging the pad. Seems the best solution would be a stand alone bar with a some kind of weight at the bottom, maybe a platform the pad can sit on or something. Anyone with a metal bar pad that can comment on it's usefulness? Kinda curious myself.
View users profile Send private message
Linnell
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had dreams about owning a CF pad and AAing the crap out of songs.
I've played on many different pads and my friend's CF was the best hard pad I've played on. He AAed serveral catas and ten-footers with it.

Aside from building my own pad, I'd buy a CF myself even if I am poor.
Staff Member
Staff Member

22. PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really have any more problem keeping myself centered on the CF with shoes compared to the arcade. There's a very slight raise in the center panel, and it's enough for me to detect.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
rjb9000
Basic Member
Basic Member

23. PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant seem to locate any shipping cost information on the webpage... at the bottom of the 'more info' pages is a click here for more info line but with no link
anyone tell me how much shipping to canada would be for one of these pads?
View users profile Send private message
Crazyelf48
Basic Member
Basic Member

24. PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 1:49 pm    Post subject: Cobalt Flux Reply with quote

I've had my cobalt flux pads for almost a year, and they are as good as they ever were, and now i got so much better than i used to be on them. I AAd every 10 footer except: Max. (period) heavy, Max. (period) oni, and Paranoia Survivor Max oni. I love cobalt fluxes...
...im a new member here... me nombre es Jared...
YmkFX
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first got my pad it was unusually awkward to play on, having played on soft pads for so long. But after a day it became very natural, the buttons are so easy to press, and the slight click you feel, even with shoes on, always tells you your exact timing.

I mean, the people that make these pads were DDR players looking for the perfect pad, so it's no surprise CF knows where it's priorities lie, although I'm still waiting for that Xbox Control box.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
ChaoTiC-oNe
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I like how with CF pads, in your shoes, you can't feel where the buttons are (which causes me to slowly move down until I actually step off the pad unwittingly) with shoes on, and with socks on, you slide like crazy, and can't balance properly because of this (and you can barely even feel where the buttons are still).

well your really not suposed to "feel where the buttons are" when you start doing catas, you dont ahve time at all to "Feel"
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
4goodor4awesome
Basic Member
Basic Member

27. PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:30 pm    Post subject: Bar? Reply with quote

Someone said that CF was supposedly coming out with a bar for the pad. I want to know if i get one now i could ADD the bar (i.e. just screw it on the back) or if they will have a pad coming soon that has a bar ATTACHED(i.e. a new pad that would cost the same or a little more and come with a bar attached).
Ciaratha
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had my pads for 10 months now. Durable - yes. Playing solo and doubles on them kick butt. Customer service is excellent. Granted they have a small staff... they will get back to you. They really do try to make their customers happy. Plus they sponsor tourneys (I cannot thank them enough for the two they hooked me up with.) I am just happy I have a pad that can endure me playing in a pair of boots and not phasing it.

Is it 100% perfect? No... no pad is. Due to shipping problems, your pad can misfire. But it's easily fixable. My only complaint is cleaning them. So since I have two that equates to more time spent on maintenance. Kinda like having a high maintenance gf/bf. But I think it's worth the effort.
[DMB]dman.exe
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two pads myself and to me, it's TEN times better than the arcade, and once I can hook it up to Step Mania...well, 'nuff said. E15.gif I love the pads and they are VERY durable and not a dent or minor scratch has occured, even though I do MaxX Unlimited Heavy 4 times a day laugh.gif
RevenG_2MB
Trick Member
Trick Member

30. PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanna get one, but the page wont load!
SAVE ONE FOR MEH!

I never took it serious on buying one, but hell, it's the next best thing to having a DDR machine at my house!
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Yahoo Messenger
MaNiAcR
Basic Member
Basic Member

31. PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would hope that they would make another price drop in them. its just to much for me, plus christmas is comeing up so ill have to wait and see if i got it E4.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: