Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDR Ultramix Song Pack Volume 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Axis
Trick Member
Trick Member

60. PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the downloadable content for other games can be used both online and off, so I trust it will be the same for Ultramix.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
beginner-oni
Basic Member
Basic Member

61. PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resident Lune wrote:
ZeR0c0oL wrote:
Quote:

And if you don't like enough of the songs to get it, then wait until a better pack comes out. And maybe even further down the road as many packs are made, they'll start letting you pick and choose from the current songs instead.

yea i cant wait till ultramix comes out its gonna bv mine~!!! does any1 no the difficulties on the game??
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
[DMB]dman.exe
Trick Member
Trick Member

62. PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anima wrote:
I think $1 a song is not bad at all....i mean yes they are about half the time of a normal song you would pay for from Apple's service but they do come with background movies i assume and the step charts...you aren't just paying for a song...so it's worth it. I do think once there are licensed songs in some these packs the prices will jump anywhere from $10 to $15 dollars depending on the licenses.... it's just too bad Konami doesn't try to implement this feature in PS2...in the US i mean...

Oh wellz...i'll still get to play the songs regardless of owning an X-Box or not...that's an absolute...so i'm not so sad...

Well in order for the music to be legal, five songs off a legal music lace like iTunes would cost $5, and you're paying $5 for DDR songs which include the steps, the back ground movies, the banner, the background picture...so when you stop and think about it, it's a good deal, really!
DancingMewtwo
Trick Member
Trick Member

63. PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 7:45 pm    Post subject: Free Reply with quote

There HAS to be a way to get these packs for free...

People need to stand up and say that songpacks shouldn't cost ANYTHING. I know $1 isn't horrible for a song but if you're going to pay $40+ for a game, that should be its final cost -- no add-ons, no continuing committment of cash except for the online service itself.

I fully expect online tournaments to exist where the winners get all the songpacks that exist and will EVER exist for free.
hngkong
Trick Member
Trick Member

64. PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, no, there DOESN'T need to be a way to get the songpacks free. In case you ignored the posts, the 5 dollars is to buffer the licensing fees for songs. How about you stop complaining and suffer if you don't like it?
View users profile Send private message
TehChickenLuvin69
Trick Member
Trick Member

65. PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a somewhat related matter... and I doubt the sincerity of this, especially with content already available, but why have several online sites just suddenly changed the ship date from the 18th to the first week of December?
Axis
Trick Member
Trick Member

66. PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless we hear differently from OoC, I'm tending to believe the Nov. 18th release date. What possible reason could there be to delay it?
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Remy
Trick Member
Trick Member

67. PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Free Reply with quote

My Konami sources say the release date is still the 18th. Nothing has changed.

Now that that's out of the way:

DancingMewtwo wrote:
There HAS to be a way to get these packs for free...

Why does there HAVE to be? Because you're too cheap to pay for things?

Quote:
People need to stand up and say that songpacks shouldn't cost ANYTHING. I know $1 isn't horrible for a song but if you're going to pay $40+ for a game, that should be its final cost -- no add-ons, no continuing committment of cash except for the online service itself.

Who is forcing you to buy songpacks? Who?

Here, choose between these two options:
1) 5-song songpacks you can (but do not have to) buy for a low cost
2) No songpacks or add-ons ever.

Which would you rather have?

Quote:
I fully expect online tournaments to exist where the winners get all the songpacks that exist and will EVER exist for free.

And I fully expect someone reading this post to buy me a IIDX 9th Style machine. Because that's just as likely.
Trick Member
Trick Member

68. PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I konw this is sorta off topic...but oh well...i really dont think that online tournaments would be a good idea at all...because it's just human nature to out do another person...in whatever way possible...even making one resort to using the x-box controller instead of the dance pad...i dunno, that's just my opinion...
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
ZotTower
Trick Member
Trick Member

69. PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

think of the whole 1$/song like this...if ddr extreme was on xbox it would cost like $105 dollars. now tell me thats not a crazy price to pay.
Trick Member
Trick Member

70. PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

then if that was the case DDR would be bad buttocks popular. if people actully did go and buy all those. there would be like new versions of ddr comming out all the time. i think it is an awesome idea to charge a buck per song.
yyr
Trick Member
Trick Member

71. PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: DDR Ultramix Song Pack Volume 1 Reply with quote

Mr. Anderson wrote:

ric - in my eyes

HOLY FREAKING CRAP!!!!!

That song is worth the $5 all by itself, and ensures that I will in fact be getting this...

~yyr
Trick Member
Trick Member

72. PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize for officially tainting the thread with my uninformed blood but I seem to be the only person alive that dosen't know how to go about getting the X-Box Live setup so I can actually get the game and start buying them around the time I get my christmas banking. . so yeah. . what all do I need to do?
TehChickenLuvin69
Trick Member
Trick Member

73. PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pineapple_republic wrote:
I seem to be the only person alive that dosen't know how to go about getting the X-Box Live setup so I can actually get the game and start buying them around the time I get my christmas banking. . so yeah. . what all do I need to do?

I believe you just might be. There's starter kits at the store, you buy one, you follow the instructions on screen (including entering your credit card info) and you're set. XBox Live games will have an option clearly marked in their menus saying "Download Updates" or the such, so as long as you can read, you can easily setup XBox Live and Ultramix.
Axis
Trick Member
Trick Member

74. PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, first you'll need a broadband connection.

Next, you need to purchase an Xbox Live Starter Kit at your fav. game store. Check the price; the updated version is $70, but you can still find the older ones for $50. The only difference is the games that are included. You could, instead of buying the starter kit, use the two month free trial that comes with Ultramix, but you still have to buy the Communicator for $30 if you want to talk.

As far as configuring XBL goes, just pop in the CD that comes with the kit. You will need a Credit Card, but other than that you just fill out forms like your name and address and you pick a Gamertag. XBL will automatically detect your network settings; you may have to do some playing around with numbers there, but for the most part it's sufficient.

And that should just about do it. Pop in Ultramix, sign onto Live, and your set biggrin.gif
koji_okuda
Basic Member
Basic Member

75. PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Healing Vision wrote:
I was getting ultramix but then after reading these post.......
I dont think Ill waste my money on this........
It has a good list, and it has a good price for songs, but I dont have
X-BOX LIVE.......
And I will never get it because of my mom........

Only if they sold the songs at local game store and buy them through discs then save it onto your x-box.......

and also if they people say people can borrow the disc and ripoff Konami then why not use a one time use disc if they have any

But i can only wish

i think you can buy game cards that give u 12 months of Xbox live subscription so then you wouldnt have to use a credit card....if thats your moms problem...BTW i think they are 50$

game invite me on ultra mix
Gamertag::goat the deadly
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
hngkong
Trick Member
Trick Member

76. PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You still need a credit card, no matter what. It's part of the signup process.
TehChickenLuvin69
Trick Member
Trick Member

77. PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, they require a credit card because the billing system is automatic. They use that credit card to renew your subscription and also to purchase downloadable content. When you download updates for Ultramix or anything else, they prompt you whether or not you want to pay for the download. After that, they don't ask for new billing information, they just use the CC# they have on record. In other words, you're not going to easily rip them off.
epiphany
Trick Member
Trick Member

78. PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*waits until sakura is released before he buys it*
goodluckpineapple
Trick Member
Trick Member

79. PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when new song packs are released will be still be able to download the previous ones we have missed?
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: