Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDR Ultramix Song Pack Volume 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mysterio
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Life wrote:
That's kinda hard to do for the PS2 since it doesn't have a hard drive that comes with the system.

Yeah, but you can still buy one, which means Konami could still impliment that feature, but oh well.

...but Rhythm and Police is no longer crazy!
View users profile Send private message
Life
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mysterio wrote:
Life wrote:
That's kinda hard to do for the PS2 since it doesn't have a hard drive that comes with the system.

Yeah, but you can still buy one, which means Konami could still impliment that feature, but oh well.

Yes but it's not exactly cheap. I've heard $50 and it could even be $100. Bottom line the userbase that would be interested in it would be low unless they offered some KILLER PS2 exclusives. Bottom line it's not worth Konami to spend the money on the PS2 in that matter for online when it won't pay them back.

Last edited by Life on Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Bean
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit, although I have zero interest in the X-box, I am a bit jealous of this feature. This is a great idea to expand a game, much like the E-reader cards on the gameboy advance. You can pick the song packs that interest you and ignore the rest. Here's hoping for a similar feature in the next US PS2 DDR release.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
BrandonMills
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:53 am    Post subject: Hmmm Reply with quote

Well, I have to say that most of you all are wrong about the USA mixes on PS2. They've had their ups and downs, but then again so have the Japanese mixes.

DDR for PS1 was a joke. Too late to be considered anything close to modern.

DDR Konamix is a good mix of songs. I wish they had used 5th interface instead of 4th ( Who the hell knows why they did that. ) but it was still a good mix.

DDR USA is one of my absolute favorite mixes. So many good songs E1.gif

DDR USA 2 - The licensed US songs in this DDR are just SO sweet E1.gif Good mix of old songs, but I do admit, some songs in this mix are pretty darned slow. With the lack of Oni features, if you're a powerplayer ( aka - If its not hard, there is no reason for me to play this song. ), then you'll most likely hate this mix.

There aren't a lot of hard songs in USA2, but DDR is still a tough sell for most of the US. For example, in WV, DDR games usually go on 75% clearance because people just don't want to buy them. I picked up my copies of DDRMax for $7.50 a piece, brand new. Ditto with Konamix. Noone buys the game because they don't know what it is. No arcade, until recently, has carried DDR in WV.

This is finally starting to change. They FINALLY got a Extreme machine in the Huntington mall, and people there are getting into DDR. However, no other major city has reported spotting of a DDR machine in their arcade. Usually this is due to the ignorance of the arcade owners, who think DDR wouldn't be popular. ( Idiots. )

Of course, that could just be a statewide thing, given that any game with Nascar or Deer Hunter on it in WV sells like mad. *laughs*
DJ Ghost
Basic Member
Basic Member

24. PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wonder how many song packs they are gonna make, i know there is alot and i mean ALOT of DDR songs so hopfuly there will be many more to come.
Regenesis
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: DDR Ultramix Song Pack Volume 1 Reply with quote

Mr. Anderson wrote:
ric - in my eyes

HOLY SWEET JESUS MOTHERFUCKING CHRIST!!!! THANK YOU!
Konami has truly smiled upon us this day.
Phrekwenci wrote:
I didn't know ric made anything other than Rislim. Wonder what that sounds like.

It's one of the greatest IIDX songs ever. (And BTW, ric/riewo = Akira Yamaoka, my personal Bemani god E4.gif ).
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You figure these packs would be 10 songs apiece.... 5 seems too small for a pack.
Stern vs The DDR FCC
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phrekwenci wrote:
I didn't know ric made anything other than Rislim. Wonder what that sounds like.

Too bad I sold my Xbox.

Couldn't blame you.

What's with the Matrix theme with the mods?

And what's with the Lion King banners? (don't get me wrong, best Disney movie ever)
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Hmmm Reply with quote

BrandonMills wrote:
DDR for PS1 was a joke. Too late to be considered anything close to modern.

Um.... E19.gif AFAIK, USA PSX was released BEFORE 4thMIX Arcade - at the time, it was the most modern DDR - being based off the newest PSX release, Best Hits.

Malev/Ninja: All 5-song packs (I'm saying 5-song packs, because I don't know if there will be packs with more songs in the future, like 10.) will ALWAYS be $5 - because it was supposed to be 4 KOs and a license. (Which is why I'm baffled at this pack for not having one. Then again, it's before the official release of the game anyways, so it's all good. I'm still going to buy it.)

Keep in mind that songpacks will be avaliable monthly - so that's 60 songs (In 12 months time). PLUS the fact that there WILL be some FREE songpacks avaliable throughout, which would add onto that 60. So yea, you're already looking at a 110+ song count.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
HighwayStarX
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if only we could had the choice to download each song sepretly. i surely dont need abyss, burning the floor, or burning heat. i just want mind parasite and in my eyes
Anima
Trick Member
Trick Member

30. PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Life wrote:

Already been addressed...thank you Mysterio...
Quote:
...they should have an option to create your own songpack instead of having to buy the specific one's they offer.

No they shouldn't....they wouldn't make near as much money if they made that an option....if there is like 4 remixes of Let Them Move and then the song "Love Stimulation", by Paul Van Dyke, then i'm going to buy even if 4 of the songs i will never play. That's a marketing tool....although the pack would cost around $10 i would still buy....i love that song...

Speaking of new releases...not trying to go OT but...FFX-2 releases very soon....and if you can import then fuck the american release and get FFX-2 INT...it will have english voices...with japanese writing.... plus alotta cool extras...
Axis
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

koji_okuda wrote:
wow this mix is gonna be great....i did have my doubts....but the only thing i wanna know do we have to enter our credit card # every time we buy a pack? caus if we do then i cant buy them ( i gotta buy them without my mom knowing) riiight.gif

No need E1.gif Once you sign up for XBL, your credit card number is stored with your account information. The owner of the account has the option to disable access to premium content, but if it is enabled, you can download the song packs like you would anything else.

Of course, it will show up on your mom's monthly bill riiight.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rei_kento
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:14 pm    Post subject: Very Good News!!!! Reply with quote

Well i am very happy about this seeing as i get DDRultra mix next thrus and i get xbox live in about 2 more weeks happy.gif good thing is that they have not put my favorite songs to buy yet so i still got some time. but i do have a Q: When the songs go up for download after the month of download and the next month goes up can you download the previous songs ?
zreLmar
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: This is not a flame... Reply with quote

ThorneDarcloud : I know it's a gimmeck just to get people to wretch out more money, but hey, it's a damn good gimmick.

Right on E7.gif , I thinks it's a hella good deal, and I don't even have an Xbox laugh.gif
Life
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anima wrote:
Life wrote:

Already been addressed...thank you Mysterio...
Quote:
...they should have an option to create your own songpack instead of having to buy the specific one's they offer.

No they shouldn't....they wouldn't make near as much money if they made that an option....if there is like 4 remixes of Let Them Move and then the song "Love Stimulation", by Paul Van Dyke, then i'm going to buy even if 4 of the songs i will never play. That's a marketing tool....although the pack would cost around $10 i would still buy....i love that song...

Speaking of new releases...not trying to go OT but...FFX-2 releases very soon....and if you can import then fuck the american release and get FFX-2 INT...it will have english voices...with japanese writing.... plus alotta cool extras...

Cute how you selectively quote me on that to try to make me look dumb. Notice how I referenced ONLY KO's for that comment. Quote me right the next time instead of shabbily trying to degrade my comment but oh! then it wouldn't work as much with your comment.
Let's be honest, these are ALL KO's in the songpack and I even mentioned being more open and willing to purchase LICENSED songs in a songpack.
The hard drive also costs EXTRA as I noted before. Now which would you rather spend your money on, an extra hard drive or a new DDR game? Also keep in mind the PS2 offerings may be the same as the XBox version with NO PS2 exclusives.
EvilSporkMan
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how long until DWIs for the new stuff come out? =) =)
Axis
Trick Member
Trick Member

36. PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Very Good News!!!! Reply with quote

rei_kento wrote:
Well i am very happy about this seeing as i get DDRultra mix next thrus and i get xbox live in about 2 more weeks happy.gif good thing is that they have not put my favorite songs to buy yet so i still got some time. but i do have a Q: When the songs go up for download after the month of download and the next month goes up can you download the previous songs ?

Well, if Ultramix is anything like the other Live titles out there, then the Downloadable Content *should* carry over from month to month. I don't see why they wouldn't, but I guess we'll find out erm.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Syxx
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Game companies create games to generate money, not just to make people happy. E1.gif
Gosha
Trick Member
Trick Member

38. PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to let those know, ric - in my eyes is from IIDX 5th Style.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-23-70-gk9-71-.html

***Looking for BEMANI from play-asia, use this link... I'm an affiliate!***
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
rei_kento
Trick Member
Trick Member

39. PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Very Good News!!!! Reply with quote

Axis wrote:
rei_kento wrote:

Well, if Ultramix is anything like the other Live titles out there, then the Downloadable Content *should* carry over from month to month. I don't see why they wouldn't, but I guess we'll find out erm.gif

Well here's hoping *crosses fingers x x*
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: