Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Initial Songlist for DDR Ultramix Revealed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aesir
Trick Member
Trick Member

60. PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guilmon_1117 wrote:

In any case, I love this song, and I love the MOMO remix even better! love.gif I just wish that it would have shown up in MAX2. Here's to hoping it will be in the next PS2 DDR, with the MOMO mix! thumb.gif

Ultramix has a lot of potential to be a great game. So what if you don't like the songlist now? Wait until you can download more songs that you do like from XBOX Live. We'll see how far Konami of Hawaii will exploit this game to the fullest.

Amen my freind, amen. The Momo mix is great, and the original is alright and all, but who knows what the downloadables will be.

zdemigoth wrote:

But come on, how do you take something like Absolute that sounds so great in the first place and make it into a rap edit. Its trance! Its not some hip-hop garbage that needs vocals or something, the song sounded fine in the first place. Oh and the names alone point to a retarded sounding remix. Cuff-N-Stuff? WTF!

Geez, genius, noone knows if its rap or trance or hip-hop or polka or what, okay! And as much as I like trance, hip hop and house are better songs for dancing anyway. And I would think Absolute is more happy hardcore (just without the hardcore) or something, not really trance. (Okay, DDR needs some real happy hardcore ASAP).

And before people stupidly put down the songlist without any justification first, at least say if you have an Xbox or not. I have a feeling that 90% of you that are going "Wow that sucks cause the songs are gay" don't have an Xbox, and while you should be given an oppurtunity to say what you want, noone that is seriously considering this game would give a flying frick what you think if all you own is a PS2.

Me= PS2, Xbox (and all the American mixes)
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
DanceDanceRevolutionist
Trick Member
Trick Member

61. PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The American max2 blows the exclusive songs are way to easy, and 1/3 of the original songs on it arent even in max2 or extreme! I believe this Ultramix is far from Ultra, its more like Udderlysuckymix. We were told that this mix would feature over 100 songs, where are they? I am extremely disappointed with that song list, Konami better allow thousands of downloadable songs for it, through xbox live or im just going to have to stick to Stepmania.

BTW-PS2(all jap and american mixes) XBOX GC
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
MazriM TaiM
Trick Member
Trick Member

62. PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 bucks says MGS2 Mission R is a 7 footer. 8, if we're lucky enough to be graced by a slightly difficult US Exclusive. After all the hype that MAX2 might have gotten some 9 footer Exclusive like Tomorrow Perfume or something, they go and throw our hopes away with 6 and 7 footers. I doubt that will change, since this the first XBox Mix. Colors can be one of the 9 foot ports from Extreme (MAX2 got Vanity Angel, Xenon, etc.), and maybe we'll get something like A? Now that would rock...hehe. Anyways, my guess is that Mind Parasite might be lucky to get the cata treatment, if it does make it on the list.
Trick Member
Trick Member

63. PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MazriM TaiM wrote:
5 bucks says MGS2 Mission R is a 7 footer. 8, if we're lucky enough to be graced by a slightly difficult US Exclusive. After all the hype that MAX2 might have gotten some 9 footer Exclusive like Tomorrow Perfume or something, they go and throw our hopes away with 6 and 7 footers. I doubt that will change, since this the first XBox Mix. Colors can be one of the 9 foot ports from Extreme (MAX2 got Vanity Angel, Xenon, etc.), and maybe we'll get something like A? Now that would rock...hehe. Anyways, my guess is that Mind Parasite might be lucky to get the cata treatment, if it does make it on the list.

"A" is too easy, why bother with it? I hope the original luv to me is an unlockable: Luv to me > Disco Luv To me. Not only is it a great song, but the steps go through every pattern possibility from 1st to 5th mix. It would be better if they just put in a bunch of new songs. After the game of love does not belong on a ddr machine. I would replace it would Cafe, Gotcha, Get up'n dance. What i want to see is the Tetris house mix done by Dj Venom on the machine. Can you imagine the difficulty? It is definately one of the songs you can footwork to, and not your regular footworking. The crazy footworking where someone has to hold you by your shirt collar and you can spin.
KMasaki
Trick Member
Trick Member

64. PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At long last, Candy Heart and Sweet Sweet Love Magic make their triumphant appearance... one mix late. Call me a hater of the 'Box, but I haven't been a fan of this mix since I've seen the screenshots. I don't like the interface. I don't like the four-player. I think that the score screen is stupid and too complex and that seeing your grade as you play is a step back to Dance Maniax. With that being said, however, this mix has pleasantly surprised me with the songs on there. Now, with only ten unlockables this mix may seem dissappointing, but for a first mix on a new system this ranks up there with MAX US in terms of the quality of songs. CSFIL Speed Mix. Colors (but no Oni Steps T_T). Sexy Planet. DXY!. I mean, it's a good songlist FOR THE XBOX. If this was for the PS2, I'd be screaming bloody-damn murder for such a songlist. But for the Xbox, this isn't as bad as you're making it out to be. Honestly.

Now where's my Nothing Gonna Stop? Still in My Heart Momo Mix? Any B4U? Maximum Overdrive? EVER SNOW??? (Goes out and buys MAX2 JPN) happy.gif
Now gotta get a memory card... T_T
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
EvilSporkMan
Trick Member
Trick Member

65. PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I for one am very excited about the "downloadable songpacks". E13.gif
Incidentally, to whoever had that Athlon skipping on DWI: try StepMania =)
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
YmkFX
Trick Member
Trick Member

66. PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I'd take Konamix over Max anyday. The Pstwo mixes were always too full of trancy technoy stuff, not much fun to dance to, and I'm not going to waste my time trying to mod my dust coated Pstwo so I can play some of the japanese mixes. At least this mix has some things you can actually dance too, finally some 4 player (Which would require a goog.gif multitap just to be done on Pstwo) and best of all... ONLINE PLAY! The ranking boards should keep me awake all night trying to increase my rank.

KMasaki wrote:
I think that the score screen is stupid and too complex and that seeing your grade as you play is a step back to Dance Maniax.

OoC took seeing your grade during play out if I remember correctly, and if a DDR score screen is "too complex" then you should probably, not to flame, attend grade school again. To be honest I think the background dancers will look fine in motion, take a look at any picture of a realistic looking person and they'll probably look alittle weird. I'm glad I don't have to see anymore of those completely crap-tastic cell shaded hyper-cute dancers. Maybe some of the more mature Xbox owners will like them over the Pstwo fanboys.

I held off buying Max2 on Pstwo (Because it was basically Max1 with a new songlist and no Oni mode) just so I could get this, finally my Xbox Live account will see some action outside of Crimson Skies and Moto GP 2.
Trick Member
Trick Member

67. PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutriss wrote:
wesdives wrote:
There is obviously a reason not everyone plays DWI. I will just because my imports all of sudden decided not to play any music while the steps are going. I loathe the songlist here for on or two completely irritating songs, and a distinct lack of a few irritating songs, if that makes any sense.
I hate DWI just because there's no reason a program like that should skip and lag on an Athlon 900 with half a gig of RAM.

That and the fact that I play DDR because I enjoy the activity and the camaraderie, neither of which I get sitting in front of my computer.
wesdives wrote:
other songs like Silent Hill are so out there they almost had to have been made to piss people off, and therefore I respect abnd even like such songs.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
First person in line to pay to download Let Them Move. E15.gif

You left out one very important factor, the video card. i dare say you could run stepmania (i've never used dwi) on an amd k6-2 500mhz with 256 mb of ram as long as you were at least running a geforce 2 mx 400 with 128mb ddr memory. Sorry if i came off as an buttocks, computers are my thing. A+ certified since Feb. 2002
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

68. PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDR Phantom wrote:
You left out one very important factor, the video card. i dare say you could run stepmania (i've never used dwi) on an amd k6-2 500mhz with 256 mb of ram as long as you were at least running a geforce 2 mx 400 with 128mb ddr memory. Sorry if i came off as an buttocks, computers are my thing. A+ certified since Feb. 2002
I neglected it because (as you somewhat point out, betraying your point) it doesn't take a whole lot of horsepower to render arrows. In fact, I don't even know necessarily that DWI uses Direct3D - I think it just uses DirectDraw.

The slowdowns I'm referring to don't even happen in arrow-heavy songs like Orion.78 - It would happen in .59 and era and Max300 Std.

It's an AIW Radeon, BTW. Bought at the same time as the machine. Putting a video card slower than a GF2MX in an Athlon 900 makes baby Jesus cry.

And for the record, I'm A+ certified as well. I'll be taking Server+ in about two weeks (just now getting around to it).

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
DoesNMatter
Trick Member
Trick Member

69. PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is how I see this game:

I first bought Konamix and it was great.
I then bought MAX and saw that they had many songs I never heard from Konamix.
Finally I bought MAX2 and surprised they had decent songs and some of my not favorite Konami oringinals.

So seeing that I have an X-Box, I am going to buy it because:
1. Its has some of my favorite Konami Originals
2. There is some songs I've never heard
3. For my DDR collection
4. I am sorta bored of my other DDR games
5. Well I am a DDR freak

The only question I have is that, do you have to buy a new pad for this game or there is a controller converter for the X-Box?

Also,

Don't Be Hatin........

Blow My Whistle You Little B!tch From My Healing Vision About My Midnite Blaze Named Candy!
View users profile Send private message Send email
SalukiDanceMaster
Trick Member
Trick Member

70. PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutriss wrote:
DDR Phantom wrote:
I neglected it because (as you somewhat point out, betraying your point) it doesn't take a whole lot of horsepower to render arrows. In fact, I don't even know necessarily that DWI uses Direct3D - I think it just uses DirectDraw.

The slowdowns I'm referring to don't even happen in arrow-heavy songs like Orion.78 - It would happen in .59 and era and Max300 Std.

It's an AIW Radeon, BTW. Bought at the same time as the machine. Putting a video card slower than a GF2MX in an Athlon 900 makes baby Jesus cry.

And for the record, I'm A+ certified as well. I'll be taking Server+ in about two weeks (just now getting around to it).

A+ certification means SQUASH. It's just a badge to show off to companies with. Trust me it is. Computers are my thing too, i also program FOR them.

DirectDraw is apart of the Direct3D library(just making a note) especially in any version 7 and above.

It's nothing wrong with the graphics card it's mainly processing power. The guy who programmed Dance With Intensity somehow cause the program itself wanting to use more than 90% of the resources. When you have a program that does that, any background process can slow down dwi. Especially if your running AIM(hehe). Another case of slowdown is a very low fill buffer. That is usually found on generic video cards. Yeah if tons of arrows slow down DWI you should go out and SHOOT yourself in the head.

I know a Geforce 2 MX 400(64 MB) with 256mb SDRAM(system ram) on a 400mhz p2 can run DWI. Just as long as you do not hit ALT+TAB.

Do not forget the program streams MP3s while performing high anti-aliasing(another graphics feature that alows crisp text and textures); mp3s do take more processing power than your ordinary wav file.

Although it seems that DWI would be slow on your system it really should not be. I would try closing every program and every unknown background process on your computer before running dwi and see how it peforms.

Another Hint: If your hard drive continues to flicker while your playing the game for more than 3 minutes. Either #1: you need more ram, #2 a background process that is accessing the hard drive continuously, or #3 its time to defrag that hard drive.
SalukiDanceMaster
Trick Member
Trick Member

71. PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Healing Vision wrote:

The only question I have is that, do you have to buy a new pad for this game or there is a controller converter for the X-Box?

There are XBOX port to PS2 controller converters out there. My friend has one for his PS2 controller not sure if it will work well with pads.
DanceDanceRevolutionist
Trick Member
Trick Member

72. PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

look i have no certification in any computer junk but from what i have learned from using them is these things, when stuff starts running wonky that means either A-you have the settings on the game too high or B-you dont have enough free memory. now i dont know about you but when ever i play any game on my computer i shut down everything so i have free ram. you can run stepmania on a comp with 500mhz and a good vid card, hell my friends computer is 600 mhz amd no video card, no sound card 128mb of ram and it runs stepmania perfectly fine, i just think you people on here want everything to run perfectly on its highest settings insted of being smart and turning it down a notch, so that way you can scream and cry and say "MOMMY IT DOESNT RUN!!!!!".
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
SalukiDanceMaster
Trick Member
Trick Member

73. PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanceDanceRevolutionist wrote:
look i have no certification in any computer junk but from what i have learned from using them is these things, when stuff starts running wonky that means either A-you have the settings on the game too high or B-you dont have enough free memory. now i dont know about you but when ever i play any game on my computer i shut down everything so i have free ram. you can run stepmania on a comp with 500mhz and a good vid card, hell my friends computer is 600 mhz amd no video card, no sound card 128mb of ram and it runs stepmania perfectly fine, i just think you people on here want everything to run perfectly on its highest settings insted of being smart and turning it down a notch, so that way you can scream and cry and say "MOMMY IT DOESNT RUN!!!!!".

Yeah we all like to push things to their limits. Its one of those notable things of human nature.
Remy
Trick Member
Trick Member

74. PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to be a bastard, but could the people talking about A+ certification and the merits of how various sims run take it to another thread?
Trick Member
Trick Member

75. PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

!Sakura320! wrote:
RDCSnipa wrote:
The Songlist for the Xbox version is not bad at all. Hopefully the downloadable songs isn't that expensive either. But yeah I like this list better than the SongList for MAX2(US version).
NO F'N WAY!!!!!!! ddrmax2 songlist owns this piece of shit songlist.

...because God knows YOUR opinion MUST be regarded as fact.

DDRXBOX

I never thought I'd see the day.

Dont get me wrong, I love my Xbox like i would a child.

And I love DDR.

But something isnt right...

I cant put my finger on it.

Probably the lack of R3.

I'll still get this game tho... happy.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
DJ Sakura Evolution
Trick Member
Trick Member

76. PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the initial songlist so far, but I still don't think DDR belongs on a X-Box for some reason. Yeah, I like the option that your able to download songs onto the X-Box but it doesn't really interest me. The life bars are off of the 3rd/4th Mix somethin that I don't like cause they are ghetto!

DDR Scores and crappy PA
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Tekked
Trick Member
Trick Member

77. PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like Konami is trying to cover up a really bad songlist with a bunch of extra game features. Online play and stuff like that is no excuse.

I'm not an anti-system person, but the X-box never had any games of my interest until I heard DDR was going to be on it. But this songlist is very saddening. They said that you could get more songs for it through packs, or something, right? Well, I'm going to see how that turns out before dropping $200 for an X-box.
guilmon_1117
Trick Member
Trick Member

78. PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Max573 wrote:
Personally I'd take Konamix over Max anyday. The Pstwo mixes were always too full of trancy technoy stuff, not much fun to dance to, and I'm not going to waste my time trying to mod my dust coated Pstwo so I can play some of the japanese mixes.

This is definitely just me, but I believe that MAX and MAX2 already took most of the best songs from Konamix and updated them in a new slick interface. I believe that the few songs from Konamix not released in the new interface are the club songs, a few 4th and 5th mix songs (.59, Absolute, Wild Rush, era (nostalmix), etc.), and the Konamix "exclusives" (ex. AM-3P 303 Bass Mix). Sure, if you like those songs, then take Konamix, but that only makes about 10-15 songs out of the whole mix that you would like to play.

And about the PS2 mixes, MAX was focused more on house style music and not very trancey at all, while MAX2 was definitely much more trancey. Ultramix looks to be more lyric oriented than other DDR mixes, so if you like rappy songs and such and such, then go ahead and buy it. But don't say that only rap songs and club mix songs from Konamix are the only songs that are fun to dance to.
View users profile Send private message
Nicotine
Trick Member
Trick Member

79. PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Castles In The Sky - Ian Van Dahl feat. Marsha

yes......i can't believe it.. i posted that song as my request for the mix..and there it is!!!!

maybe us small people do count after all?
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: