Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Initial Songlist for DDR Ultramix Revealed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Remy
Trick Member
Trick Member

40. PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zdemigoth wrote:
Remy wrote:
Could people hold off on slagging the new remixes until we actually, you know, HEAR them?

Sheesh.

But come on, how do you take something like Absolute that sounds so great in the first place and make it into a rap edit. Its trance! Its not some hip-hop garbage that needs vocals or something, the song sounded fine in the first place. Oh and the names alone point to a retarded sounding remix. Cuff-N-Stuff? WTF!

What's your indication it's a rap remix?

And other notably stupid remix names in DDR history:
XXL Disaster Remix
90 In The Shade Mix
Double Pump Mix
Upper Version
Harmonized Step Mix
Boy On/Oh Boy Mix
Tommy's Smile Mix
Insideout Door Mix

Come on, stop going off the name, wait to hear it.
Trick Member
Trick Member

41. PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is this guy complaining about? Sota owns him.
4goodor4awesome
Basic Member
Basic Member

42. PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 8:23 am    Post subject: Unlockables? Reply with quote

Ok..i LOVE the songlist..it is varied and i own a ps2 and Xbox and GC..so i dont care either way..but! i want to know about one thing...what Unlockables are there..and where are the 10 footers. MGS i like..but a new max? maybe..hmm..atleast Bag or Sakura...COME ON GIMIE A 10!
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
tw3nz0r
Trick Member
Trick Member

43. PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What's your indication it's a rap remix?

It's being mixed by Thuggie (Scotty) D. E13.gif

And ffs people, it's just a fricking game, you either like it, or you don't. Stop playa hating on the box, aight? disgust.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
Syxx
Trick Member
Trick Member

44. PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Lord,

Please make Paranoia Survivor the 10 foot song on Ultramix. If I hear Sakura one more time, I'm going to explode.

Thanks,

Dan
[DMB]dman.exe
Trick Member
Trick Member

45. PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 10:05 am    Post subject: Dear Lord Reply with quote

Dear Lord,

Please include Paranoia Max Survivor 270 and 290 and Sakura and bag on DDR Ultramix even though bag is from Extreme! And please don't include any of the Idiot Mixes, like what Reamy said in the above post! up.gif biggrin.gif

Your fellow DDRer,

Dan

(not the same guy as above^_^)
AlexMax
Trick Member
Trick Member

46. PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God, so many haters in this thread. *grabs his shotgun*

Seriously, the songlist looks pretty good to me. Especially for Xbox's first mix. If you want your OMG SO UBER JAPANESE MIX'S, go play them.

And don't most of the serious DDR players have Dance With Intensity? There, there's your friggin 'best mix ever' right there. Go play it and stop complaining. This game is for newcomers to the series who own an Xbox, or for people who actually like the songlist. (Honestly, I love the songlist, but I would have bought it anyway just to see the new interface...I swear if I see another variation of the MAX theme I'm going to scream...) Not for you uber players who want ten new ORIGIONAL flashing 10 songs every mix.

(/IRRITATED)
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
wesdives
Trick Member
Trick Member

47. PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is obviously a reason not everyone plays DWI. I will just because my imports all of sudden decided not to play any music while the steps are going. I loathe the songlist here for on or two completely irritating songs, and a distinct lack of a few irritating songs, if that makes any sense. I guess songs that they're trying to pawn off as good, i.e. secret rondezvous, Look to the Sky and kind lady, really are overplayed songs with uninteresting steps, while other songs like Silent Hill are so out there they almost had to have been made to piss people off, and therefore I respect abnd even like such songs. I'm going buy it because it's DDR, it's got lots of new songs, andwill be getting X new songs over the next few years, hopefully.

I have to go now, nobody flame until I get back on and edit this more later tonight, please.
View users profile Send private message Send email Xbox Live Gamertag
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

48. PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wesdives wrote:
There is obviously a reason not everyone plays DWI. I will just because my imports all of sudden decided not to play any music while the steps are going. I loathe the songlist here for on or two completely irritating songs, and a distinct lack of a few irritating songs, if that makes any sense.
I hate DWI just because there's no reason a program like that should skip and lag on an Athlon 900 with half a gig of RAM.

That and the fact that I play DDR because I enjoy the activity and the camaraderie, neither of which I get sitting in front of my computer.
wesdives wrote:
other songs like Silent Hill are so out there they almost had to have been made to piss people off, and therefore I respect abnd even like such songs.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
First person in line to pay to download Let Them Move. E15.gif

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
flyt
Trick Member
Trick Member

49. PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E19.gif listen, I can't find a link for ddrmax2 in JAP flash.gif no way to get maxx unlimitet; I have to pass paranoia survivor on heavy mode with a score of AA shocked.gif and I am still trying to master standard mode. the JAP version is all about the oni courses!!!!!!!! that frust.gif !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If anyone knows how to beat it how to get the charecters and what is there to unlock please help on this very link. Thanks!
View users profile Send private message
XenoPhantom
Trick Member
Trick Member

50. PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In retraction to my earlier statment, and after reading all these other posts, i think this mix could rock. and Thuggie D -- Midnite Blaze and Drop the Bomb are some of my all-time favs and i think any remixes form Scotty D. will kick ace as well. Unfortunatly I don't own an x-box and can't afford one. frown.gif i saw and participated in requesting some songs for the x-box download packs and i think this could be cool. I think everyone is waiting fo r the inspector gadget theme to make a ddr appearance happy.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
koji_okuda
Basic Member
Basic Member

51. PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just cant stand the jazzy stuff........but hey some people can.... o well i guess i will have to stick with extreme and the maxes then :-D im happy with that...alltho online play does l;ook pretty appitizing!

and yes i know i cant type at all...

game invite me on ultra mix
Gamertag::goat the deadly
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
jas
Trick Member
Trick Member

52. PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently it looks like there will not be any 10 foot songs on this mix...

YAY.

The internet ranking would be horrible if there were.

At least for those of us that are going to be playing on the xbox dance pad.
Trick Member
Trick Member

53. PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 4:50 pm    Post subject: Ragus! Reply with quote

E15.gif no more hatred please! E15.gif
anyways, my roomate downloaded a mysterious absolute remix that was all hard rock guitars so i think that other remix could be anything, not necessarily rap. and dear goodness! if dwi were HALF as accurate as the real thing it might be worth something, but it's not. and personally, wouldn't you rather be playing the game then spending countless hours to get arrows within a fraction of a second? and this mix will rock as have all import and american mixes before! there are no mixes better than others only the different song choices they provide and after having played all of them, i can safely decree that there is no reason anyone should knock any ddr really. if you like new fresh songs, buy the latest game, if you want repeats buy the older game or a new mix with your favs on it! just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's a bad game! go spend time enjoying ddr rather than "hating" on other people or things, what a waste of time! nerd.gif
andyrulez123
Basic Member
Basic Member

54. PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<opinion>

I couldn't care less if all the songs were from max2, I'm gettin the game. Xbox is the only system i have, and arcade is gettin expensive. To tell you the truth, I can only recognize like 3 songs from that list, but I couldn't care less. New is good. You never know wat the songs sound like till you listen to'em. Plus, the whole free 5 songs a month and buyable songs packs and online play makes it awesome. I don't see them getting higher than like 99 cents a song(HIGHER is the keyword here, they'll prolly be lower)

</opinion>

GT:Fighting Iguana
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Monster-in-a-box (maybe)
Trick Member
Trick Member

55. PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually PREFER the edited version of THE EARTH LIGHT. If there's one song that ever DIDN'T need moaning it's THE EARTH LIGHT. Well, I'm sure there are actually about a million others where moaning would be less appropriate, but still...
Catastrophe
Trick Member
Trick Member

56. PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 7:08 pm    Post subject: OOOOOHHHH ... Zing! Reply with quote

kman wrote:
You know what? Forget MAX Period. Forget PSM. THIS is the end of DDR.

OOOOH. Ouch. I didn't make this game but I felt that one! laugh.gif

Way back during E3 I was jealous that the XBOX was getting a bunch of exclusives and I thought for awhile that Ultramix was going to outdo MAX2. Well, once MAX2 was in my hands I wasn't jealous anymore but there are still a few songs on here that I really want to appear on the next PS2 DDR game. Thats all. I think the emphasis is on the expandable songlist and the other new features like 4 player mode and online play and all that other stuff. MAX2 has the best songlist ever though, default and unlockable. So I suppose the game coming out after it is going to have a tough act to follow.
Remy
Trick Member
Trick Member

57. PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Ragus! Reply with quote

Cutey Storm wrote:
anyways, my roomate downloaded a mysterious absolute remix that was all hard rock guitars so i think that other remix could be anything, not necessarily rap.

Just for the record, that was the version of Absolute from Pop'n Music 9, performed by dj TAKA feat. good-cool.

Carry on.
Trick Member
Trick Member

58. PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Max 2 has the best songlist? I'm sort of new to the game and I still can't agree with that. I still have 5th mix at number 1 and I haven't even played the real thing.

Stepmania caught me up on ddr songs I would have never heard anywhere else. . but other than that . .it can go to hell. And all this time I thought it was my computer but apparently everyone has a jinxed com when it comes to DDR simulators. I'm tired of trying to find correct copys and the right banners .. in the end I set the fail to off and dance away on my invisible pad to the "greatest mix ever".
Nikashi
Trick Member
Trick Member

59. PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget, OoC said there would be 2 kinds of downloadable songpacks.. free ones, for the Xbox Live 'hook', and 'premium' packs, with a small fee attached. This means every time Konami wants some more easy cash.. they just grab a few more older KOs, maybe the occasional license, and throw it up for download. 55+ songs now, maybe over 100 in a year's time...

Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: