Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Initial Songlist for DDR Ultramix Revealed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falcon6
Basic Member
Basic Member

20. PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys are soooo frieken ungrateful for this game...better xbox then gamecube right..(i got nuthing against ps2, gamecube, or xbox) just the G.C. controller wouldn't work with DDR

im gonna love to have some freestyle fun with this game!
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
kman
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what? Forget MAX Period. Forget PSM. THIS is the end of DDR. This game, this "songlist," symbolizes everything that DDR never should have become. Making a rap remix out of Absolute is just awful. I have no idea what the hell Konami was thinking with this crap - trying to Americanize DDR just doesn't work. It's been completely mutilated.

Thanks Konami, for ruining the last game I truly loved. I'm gonna go cry myself to sleep.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Jaunty Ravyn of TLF
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I don't own an XBox, from the looks of the initial songlist, it doesn't look that bad. It does have some exclusives that are kind of cool, and some of the "New to the US" songs are good. Depending on what unlockables are available, it may turn out to be a fairly good mix. Truth be told, it doesn't even begin to hold a candle to Max2US, but it's not bad.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
ChaoTiC-oNe
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this list is bad but not really bad... and its not the end of ddr jsut to let you know because no matter what a hell of a lot of people still play it.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Remy
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could people hold off on slagging the new remixes until we actually, you know, HEAR them?

Sheesh.
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I don't understand is like 70% of DDR console games are purchased by people who play DDR at arcades so when Konami of America throws in a bunch of OLD songs and trying to sell it as new then it just don't fly with us DDR players. The only thing I see that this game has going for is the Xbox Live and downloadable songs...I mean what better reason to download newer songlist then having a crappy list to get rid of.
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You people have no appreciation for good songs.

How many times have you played V today? E10.gif
View users profile Send private message
YmkFX
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm assuming this list DOESN'T include unlockables right Remi? I mean, that list only consists of 42 or 43 songs, and OoC said something over 50, I'm surprised at how everyone completely forgot there would be unlockables. Sheesh, some people are quick to over-react.

*Ponders which song would be most fun online or with 3 other friends*
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont see why everyone is so dissapointed. I love this list more than any songlist I have seen in a while.

DXY is back! Hooray! Somebody listened to me cries.

The new stuff dont look to bad either.
TeleVKun
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reyshak wrote:
well, I must say this list looks remarkably like DDRMAX, I am very disappointed in konami....

actually i think it kinda resemvles KonaMix... sad...BUT!! they did say some thing about downloading songs via internet.. and that could open up a plethora (thats right i said it!) of possibilities .. with the gi-mongous amount of crafty people in this world i would not be surprised to see this become a bizzaro xbox version of DWI or stepmania... one could only hope...

but my immediate reaction to the sparse ionitial songlist--> goog.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Remy
Trick Member
Trick Member

30. PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Max573 wrote:
I'm assuming this list DOESN'T include unlockables right Remi? I mean, that list only consists of 42 or 43 songs, and OoC said something over 50, I'm surprised at how everyone completely forgot there would be unlockables. Sheesh, some people are quick to over-react.

*Ponders which song would be most fun online or with 3 other friends*

Correct. There are 10 unlockables on top of this list - none of which are licensed, according to OoC, and two of which are MGS2 Mission R and Colors.

And then there are the purchasable song packs, of course.
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few points:

--I knew going in that this mix would contain a lot of stuff we've seen before. Why? This is the FIRST mix on a NEW system. This was the same when DDR was ported to the Dreamcast in Japan. The DC got every song from 1st and 2nd Mix on one disc, and it was already seen on the PS1.

Anyway, for the X-Box's FIRST mix, this doesn't look half bad. Theres a nice balance of slow, mid-range, and fast songs to choose from here.

--We know that Thuggie D. is remixing these songs, but NO ONE has confirmed they'll have any sort of lyrics, let alone rapping. So until these remixes become available, we shouldn't be making assumptions.

--With Sexy Planet and After the Game of Love on the list, we MIGHT be getting the original version of The Earth Light as well. (The version we got in Konamix had the moaning taken out.)

--We have a decent variety of songs here. Whereas the MAXes were a bit Trance heavy, this one puts more emphasis on disco and hip-hop. Like it or not, these genres are more danceable to most Americans than J-Pop and Trance.

--There's also a good variety of difficulty here. From the songs we know difficulties for, there are about nine 8-Footers and eight 9-Footers. Keep in mind that we haven't even TOUCHED the exclusives yet. I believe Castles in the Sky will be an 8, while MSG2: Mission R might be a 9. You see that? A possible EXCLUSIVE 9! Isn't this what you WANT?!?!?

--There's something for everybody! Recognizable songs for newbies, popular and asked-for songs for veterans, and exclusives to cater to both. There are a decent selection of dificult songs, and probably more than that counting the exclusives and downloadable content.

KCEH tried their best to think of everyone and accomodate a lot of tastes. Even with the low song count of 51, they've done pretty good so far. Most of you are dissapointed probably because you think this is the next game after DDRMAX2 USA. Well, its not. Its the start of a BRAND NEW SERIES, and should be judged on its OWN rather than comparing it to the other PS1/2 American mixes.

And comparing it to Japan is just plain stupid. THERE IS NO JAPANESE MIX X-BOX TO COMPARE IT TO! If you want to compare it to something, try Dancing Stage Unleashed. Made by the same people, only with a different song list Comparing Ultramix to something like DDR Extreme is literally apples to oranges. Completely different games, people!

(/frustration)

I'm sorry if this seems like flame-baiting. That's not my intention. Its just that just because this game is on a different system than the PS2, people think it will automatically suck, no mater WHAT makes it on there. Honestly, people, give KCEH more credit than that. The list looks good so far. For a first mix, it looks GREAT. Go into this with a positive attitude instead of lambasting it without playing it first.
Basic Member
Basic Member

32. PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 8:35 pm    Post subject: Characters Reply with quote

Well, here is another good thing to look forward to for Ultramix, there is going to be some cool characters. I still hope they have those characters from the early making of this game. E1.gif E4.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Makou
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad some of you appear to be at least willing to give this version some hope. But the majority of you are proving my theory correct.

Most American DDR players are elitist idiots. If it's not a Japanese mix, it sucks. When songs came back for Extreme, it was "OMG BEST MIX EVAR!!1!!11" But when songs are repeated in the US? "WTF this sux lol"

Songs are repeated in Japanese versions all the time. If you track the mixes from DDR 1st through DDR 5th Mix, there are several repeated songs. DDRMAX (6th Mix) was almost entirely fresh, but come MAX2... hey, MORE REPEATS. Many more than in the US versions so far.

As for the exclusive songs... just wait. The game isn't even out yet. Play it before passing judgement.

Edit: Oh, for the record. If you count After the Game of Love and The Earth Light (uneditted) as different songs than what was in Konamix, slightly more than half (21) of the revealed songs (40) are new. If you don't, then it's just under half (19).

DDR Extreme CS has how many new songs (to its primary audience)? FOUR. The current list for DDR Party Collection has how many new songs? TWO. Stop complaining.

Last edited by Makou on Thu Oct 30, 2003 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
dr. modjo
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, Shiny Disco Balls? That's easily Who Da Funk's worst song. Finally a decent band gets put into DDR and of course it's the crappiest song they have. Yay for Konami.
hacerte una canción
Es un ambiente de revista
un sentimiento de novela
Es amor
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Sidewinder
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dammit, I don't know if I can pay 75 bucks for Sexy Planet and CSFIL Speedy Mix...

Unintentional Great Attacker since May 2003.
jas
Trick Member
Trick Member

36. PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the songlist reminds me a lot of konamix and old mixes.

I like konamix and older mixes :D

One thing that puzzles me though... will colors have 9 foot steps or it's 7 foot steps?

Also, did everyone forget about What is Love and Mind Parasite? D:

I think this mix is gonna be fun, and is probably gonna get much more play then max2 us does for me. (trance pop gets on my nerves after a while.)
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some songs on here that I would have like to have seen on MAX 2 (i.e. Sexy Planet, SSLM) but oh well.

This list does not look all that bad so far but I don't have an X-boy, and one game, no matter how good, is not going to get me to buy it.

...but Rhythm and Police is no longer crazy!
guilmon_1117
Trick Member
Trick Member

38. PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mysterio wrote:
There are some songs on here that I would have like to have seen on MAX 2 (i.e. Sexy Planet, SSLM) but oh well.

What is the rating for this game? "E"? If it is, I just can't believe that Sexy Planet would make it into this game because of its obvious sexual themes.

In any case, I love this song, and I love the MOMO remix even better! love.gif I just wish that it would have shown up in MAX2. Here's to hoping it will be in the next PS2 DDR, with the MOMO mix! thumb.gif

Ultramix has a lot of potential to be a great game. So what if you don't like the songlist now? Wait until you can download more songs that you do like from XBOX Live. We'll see how far Konami of Hawaii will exploit this game to the fullest.
zdemigoth
Trick Member
Trick Member

39. PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remy wrote:
Could people hold off on slagging the new remixes until we actually, you know, HEAR them?

Sheesh.

But come on, how do you take something like Absolute that sounds so great in the first place and make it into a rap edit. Its trance! Its not some hip-hop garbage that needs vocals or something, the song sounded fine in the first place. Oh and the names alone point to a retarded sounding remix. Cuff-N-Stuff? WTF!
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: