Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDR Ultramix for Xbox goes gold
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spyjuice10
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MASTER OF DARKNESS wrote:
Better graphics does not make a better system, Milty Kiss.

Furthermore, from what's been said for the most part, this new version is not going to be any different from any DDR simulator.

amen

go DWI!!!11
View users profile Send private message
TUBAPRO1
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJEmirzian wrote:
For all the kiddies drooling for new 9 footers, I think the MGS theme and Mind Parasite are both new 9 foot charts in the game.

Matthew

And do you have ANY evidence to support this?
View users profile Send private message Send email
Syxx
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually there's more of a chance that they'll be 7 feet or less, because they are exclusives on an American release. riiight.gif
alielle3
Basic Member
Basic Member

23. PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah! What's up with the lack of US specific songs being at ALL difficult?
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Anima
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alielle3 wrote:
It's the same way with the European releases also. It seems that if the song isn't going to appear in Japan (like all the exclusive us licenses) then the steps are poopyty....soo that's what we have to look forward to.. so don't worry about having to practice or fail. E1.gif
Resident Lune
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anima wrote:
alielle3 wrote:
It's the same way with the European releases also. It seems that if the song isn't going to appear in Japan (like all the exclusive us licenses) then the steps are poopyty....soo that's what we have to look forward to.. so don't worry about having to practice or fail. E1.gif

Step-wise ...

Japan > North America > Europe

At least from what I saw back when Bemanistyle had all the Euromix song downloads. Man, those steps were just ... wow. Bad. And a lot of their music was rather old, too.

Made me stop taking North American exclusive songs/steps for granted.
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MiltyKiss wrote:

spyjuice10 wrote:
bahhh too bad xbox sux0rs...this would've been great on ps2 and/or gcn...

Why does XBox suck? It has better graphics than PS2 and Gamecube. IMHO, it would have been great on any of the three consoles... Konami just choose it to be on XBox.

Max573 wrote:
im glad dis game came out no xbox cuz da ps2 wud lag liek hell online and no1 lieks gamecube!111

Like JDogg said, write in English. Also, PS2 and Gamecube could have a DDR game with online connection (BB only or Dial-Up Compat.). Some PS2 games require you to have a broadband connection (or faster).

Since it hasn't been stated so far... No console bashing. If you don't like the XBox, keep it to yourself. There's good and bad reasons for DDR to be on any of the consoles and Konami just choose the XBox for whatever reason they have.

Any console bashing (i.e. unnecessary negative comments towards any consoles) will award you with a one-point warning.

Sorry sorry, I just couldn't resist the opportunity. I've been following the Official Ultramix thread for some time and have already preordered the game, my Xbox Live has been in need of some serious use after I got bored of my MotoGP2 and MechAssault nights.
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anima wrote:
alielle3 wrote:

It's statements like this that make me realize that there are people who claim to know things, but they obviously do not.

A lot of people complained about the steps for the Beatmania ports in DDRMAX USA (Overblast, Shining Polaris, etc.), and the new originals (Dynamite Rave Down Bird Sota and so on) and claimed that the entire reason they had crappy steps is because they were not going to appear in Japan. Guess what?

The new Konami originals from that game are in Extreme, and the Beatmania ports appeared in DDRMAX2 CS.

Do you want to know the real reason why those songs don't all have 9/10-foot steps? It's because Konami's stepwriters, generally, don't see any need to insta-cata every single song in existance, unlike 99% of the DWI/SM writers out there. Not everyone can pass Paranoia Survivor Max, not everyone can pass Max 300, not everyone can pass Cartoon Heroes, not everyone can pass So Deep, and hell, there are people out there who still can't pass Dead End.

Before you complain about "crappy steps," realize that Konami has to cater to all players, not just the experts.
Anima
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makou wrote:
Anima wrote:
alielle3 wrote:
It's the same way with the European releases also. It seems that if the song isn't going to appear in Japan (like all the exclusive us licenses) then the steps are shitty....soo that's what we have to look forward to.. so don't worry about having to practice or fail. E1.gif

It's statements like this that make me realize that there are people who claim to know things, but they obviously do not.

A lot of people complained about the steps for the Beatmania ports in DDRMAX USA (Overblast, Shining Polaris, etc.), and the new originals (Dynamite Rave Down Bird Sota and so on) and claimed that the entire reason they had crappy steps is because they were not going to appear in Japan. Guess what?
I've never said that so you can disclude me from that bunch.
Quote:

The new Konami originals from that game are in Extreme, and the Beatmania ports appeared in DDRMAX2 CS.

Do you want to know the real reason why those songs don't all have 9/10-foot steps? It's because Konami's stepwriters, generally, don't see any need to insta-cata every single song in existance, unlike 99% of the DWI/SM writers out there. Not everyone can pass Paranoia Survivor Max, not everyone can pass Max 300, not everyone can pass Cartoon Heroes, not everyone can pass So Deep, and hell, there are people out there who still can't pass Dead End.

Before you complain about "crappy steps," realize that Konami has to cater to all players, not just the experts.

I'm talking about steps that are exclusive to a market. I've personally never said anything about the Beatmania songs you've just described. I think if you reread my post you will see that i was talking about US licenses having shitty steps as there has never been an exclusive US Konami Original which i've stated before in previous postings. There might be people who have claimed what you said above and that's fine but don't use my post as a backboard for saying I don't know what I talking about when I've never even made references to the things you've referred to as evidence. devil.gif

My main points are:

1) It seems the exclusive licenses outside of Japan always have mediocre step patterns with 1 or 2 exceptions.
2) The european market in general has very easy steps when compared to US or Japan.
3) There has never been an exclusive KO to the US or European market.
Resident Lune
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anima wrote:
My main points are:

1) It seems the exclusive licenses outside of Japan always have mediocre step patterns with 1 or 2 exceptions.
2) The european market in general has very easy steps when compared to US or Japan.
3) There has never been an exclusive KO to the US or European market.

Technically we have the only official DDR version of "Mind Parasite", if you want to ignore the fact it is from Dance Maniax. So unless they make a new DDR version for home in Japan or for the arcades, we beat them with that.
Basic Member
Basic Member

30. PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that this version of DDR for xbox is okay....you can now play against 3 people online. What, bugs me is that people are not seeing the dumbness of the situation here. Sure, 4 people against each other online is great, but you can't really tell if the guy or girl from the other side is dancing with the pad or with his or her hands or with a controller.

the only great online capability with Ultramix is the ability to download song packets.... as for online competition, i don't think that will take off!
View users profile Send private message
Spike
Administrator
Administrator

31. PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you think that the coders could code in something to check whether or not it's a controller or dance pad?

I think so.
Basic Member
Basic Member

32. PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:32 pm    Post subject: Dance Pads Reply with quote

I need to know whats a good dance pad for xbox because the soft pads for the playstation gets messed up easily and I want to get a good dance pad that i would just have to buy once. And do metal dance pads work better than soft pad ones?
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
MeltyKiss
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

33. PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MASTER OF DARKNESS wrote:
Better graphics does not make a better system, Milty Kiss.

When did I say that the XBox was better (than the other systems) because of the graphics?

I just said that it has better graphics than the PS2 and Gamecube...

TUBAPRO1 wrote:
MJEmirzian wrote:
For all the kiddies drooling for new 9 footers, I think the MGS theme and Mind Parasite are both new 9 foot charts in the game.

Matthew

And do you have ANY evidence to support this?

If they keep the same steps as on the E3 build, then there will be new 9 footers... I believe that Mind Parasite (I forgot if MGS Theme was a 9 footer) was a nine footer.

Makou wrote:
Anima wrote:
alielle3 wrote:

A -freaking- men. I'm glad that someone understands that. If you guys want to play harder steps... make edits (provided that a DDR machine near you has memory card slots). If you don't have the actual DDR game, then use DDREditMax to make an edit.

stupid_systemus wrote:
I think that this version of DDR for xbox is okay....you can now play against 3 people online. What, bugs me is that people are not seeing the dumbness of the situation here. Sure, 4 people against each other online is great, but you can't really tell if the guy or girl from the other side is dancing with the pad or with his or her hands or with a controller.

the only great online capability with Ultramix is the ability to download song packets.... as for online competition, i don't think that will take off!

Online competition will take off... Trust me... I'm sure that people won't mind playing controller vs controller against another player.

Spike wrote:
Don't you think that the coders could code in something to check whether or not it's a controller or dance pad?

I think so.

True. Konami could have something where the game detects if a dancepad is plugged in (same as how PNM/IIDX knows if a PNM controller is plugged in; Left, Right, and Up are always pressed in).

ImDaJuicR69 wrote:
I need to know whats a good dance pad for xbox because the soft pads for the playstation gets messed up easily and I want to get a good dance pad that i would just have to buy once. And do metal dance pads work better than soft pad ones?

For general dance pad discussion, there's the 'DDR Console Games' forum. But just so you know, Konami could redesign the dance pad for XBox (like they did with the dancepad that comes with the US Max 2 Bundle). Personally, the dance pad that I played at E3 were great but that could have been because they were under a plastic mat (i.e. keeping it in place).
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

34. PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MiltyKiss wrote:
Spike wrote:

I think so.
True. Konami could have something where the game detects if a dancepad is plugged in (same as how PNM/IIDX knows if a PNM controller is plugged in; Left, Right, and Up are always pressed in).
This keeps coming up, but I suspect it's primarily because OoC has been purposefully short on the details, likely because he doesn't want it easily circumvented.

Xbox peripherals are all USB devices, and thus they identify themselves when plugged in. This includes a controller converter.

Of course, PSX devices don't identify themselves, so we have one of three situations here:

1. Xbox controller that's not a dance pad. Quite obviously, this would be marked up as a controller.
2. Xbox-original dance pad. Obviously, this would be marked up as a dance pad.
3. Xbox controller converter. Special situation. Mark as "other".

The idea I put forth in the Ultramix thread was that if a controller converter was used, and Live was in use, then disable all of the inputs on the controller except for the D-pad and the start/select buttons.

Since the D-pad on any given controller is a rocker switch, you can't hit up.gifdown.gif or left.gifright.gif jumps with it. So, if you're limited to using only the D-pad, then you can't play anything higher than a 3-foot with any reasonably good performance.

Thus, you foil 99% of the riffraff right there. As it is, anyone playing on Live is paying extra money just to be on the network. They'd have to pay *additional* money to buy a controller to break and modify (and thus invest some time) just to piss people off.

OoC hasn't said that this is what he's doing, but I suspect it involves this.

I didn't know that about the PNM controller, but this sort of identification doesn't exist for DDR pads. At least, not all DDR pads. The first-gen MadCatz pads have all buttons available on the pad, and they all work. Also, if such a mechanic existed for DDR, you'd think that the game code would override controller settings for the pad, but this doesn't hold true either.

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
PenguinMan
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, this looks awesome. I'm definitely going to have to get an X-Box now. 4-player and Challenge (Battle?) alone is going to be worth it.
"You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy." - Psalm 30:11

XBL GamerTag: PenguinMan26
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Remy
Trick Member
Trick Member

36. PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PenguinMan26 wrote:
Oh man, this looks awesome. I'm definitely going to have to get an X-Box now. 4-player and Challenge (Battle?) alone is going to be worth it.

Challenge Mode != Battle Mode.

Go play 4th or Extra Mix on the PSX, you'll remember what it is.
Contributor
Contributor

37. PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remy wrote:

Or Disney Mix laugh.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

38. PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 3:21 pm    Post subject: ok.... Reply with quote

I need a check.... you mean 4 ACTUAL mats being used at the SAME time on ONE system???? my tv wouldn't be able to handle it and the arrows would be too small... i would think doubles versus would work.... i'm starting to panick about the 4 player verses cause it could mean more work since i'm just going to build my pad and i want it to work for both systems and i don't see how i can make a 4 person arcade thing, buy xbox,buy ps2 to xbox convertors for my mats, buy ddr ultramix on an allowance......
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
MeltyKiss
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

39. PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutriss wrote:
(Words that make sense).

I concluded what you posted a while back (when I was thinking of a possible DDR online), but remember... There are dance pad controllers for PSX that are 'used to play dancing games with your fingers.' The up, down, left, and right are the D-Pad switches... If someone makes this for the XBox (it was on sale for $4.99), then that can easily break Live play.

Agilab wrote:
Remy wrote:

Or Disney Mix laugh.gif

Disney Mix didn't have a challenge mode like 4th/Extra Mix's challenge mode. It was a challenge mode like "Play measures 4-10 of Cafe 6-panel and get only greats."
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: