Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDR Extreme Released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Larrikin
Contributor
Contributor

20. PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive said it before
the swap disk is for someone looking for a cheap easy way to play imports. Just good luck switching between three different boot disk whenever you play games. Might come in handy for someone who only plays DDR

Modchips are for the serious owner that doenst want to have to fumble through extra wait times and swapping disk and who will play imports often. I'd recommend a professional install unless you know what youre doing.
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you PREordered from NCSX.com you will be able to enjoy the VRARE cd on your own. biggrin.gif I wonder what other secret songs are on this mix?? (Scorching Moon)...(Max.)....(A Stupid Barber).....hmm....
Gogo
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

larrikin wrote:
Ive said it before
the swap disk is for someone looking for a cheap easy way to play imports. Just good luck switching between three different boot disk whenever you play games. Might come in handy for someone who only plays DDR

Modchips are for the serious owner that doenst want to have to fumble through extra wait times and swapping disk and who will play imports often. I'd recommend a professional install unless you know what youre doing.

I've said it before
Why watse money on a mod chip and installation when slide cards and swap discs let you buy more games and less chip. It only take 15 seconds to preform the boot disk and saves you money.

Swap Discs are for serious gamers who would rather have two games with slide cards than one game without. I'd recommend intelligent usage of the slide card, but other than thatm it's great.

Dance Masters: JPMax Single-Light. USMax Single-Light, Single-Standard. JPMax2 Single-Light.

Onis: USMax Lesson Oni. JPMax2 MoreLight, BeForU,
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
MegaBeatManMania
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

speaking of swapping disks to play imports, whats the best swap disk out there on the market?
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Gylenø
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

24. PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: DDR Extreme Released Reply with quote

MiltyKiss wrote:
Some nonstop (and oni) courses have some songs changed (Trick, Macho, etc.) and songs that were offsync (Hyper Eurobeat and Stoic) have had their 'gap values' changed so that they sync up.

Which version is the gap messed up on and by how much?
View users profile Send private message
Misaki's Midnite Blaze
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've managed to get a modded up PS2 (we have 2 one is modded and the other isn't) and we're trying to get our grubby hands on a DDR Extreme....though the real hard part is definately waiting for the US version to come out....however the US version may "KILL" Extreme because of all the copyrights that Konami is trying to gain and not use the original songs that was used in the arcade version.

Most likely we'll not see most songs like Daikenkai (GOD FORBID) Destiny Lovers, Legend of Max, and so forth on the US Extreme Version...that's if there is any turning point that'll make it happen disturb.gif

Osaka wants some love tooooooo
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Anima
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misaki's Midnite Blaze wrote:

Most likely we'll not see most songs like Daikenkai (GOD FORBID) Destiny Lovers, Legend of Max, and so forth on the US Extreme Version...that's if there is any turning point that'll make it happen disturb.gif

What? I can understand you saying Daikenkai won't make it since it's a hardcore japanese rap song. Legend of Max would definetly make it, and Destiny Lovers has a very good chance too. What logic are you using for the other two? Both are KO's and The Legend of Max is the extra stage.
Tiara-chan
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What they're doing here with Extreme is what they should have done with MAX2 USA. I was really bummed with both that and MAX. The song lists were so small, and they totally took out the good Japanese originals and put in a bunch of American songs. (No offense to those of you who like it, I just don't.) This sounds like a good plan, may have to mod my darling little PS2. E13.gif
zdemigoth
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a JPS2 off ebay and it works great. But for those who won't go that far I've heard you should get the swap magic disc and the flip top mod. It doesn't ruin your disc drive tray and you dont have to sodder in your ps2.
Aionai
Basic Member
Basic Member

29. PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 7:59 pm    Post subject: Butterfly Reply with quote

So is Buttefly on the PS2 version? I just ran a quick check through the song list on my PS2 and didn't see it. Maybe it's an unlockable *prays*
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
martywuzcray-z
Trick Member
Trick Member

30. PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow... wow... now this is a home version... i'm just shocked how many songs are in there... and i havent even started unlockin yet (well tomorrow perfume after 5 songs) it even works with the japanese max and max 2 (anyone know how to do that?)... why cant american mixes be this good?

course i'm sure that means they will find a way to put 100 crappy american songs with videos in there... oh and am-3p... again...
neko the frog
Basic Member
Basic Member

31. PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that I trust anything in online stores' product blurbs, but any idea why lik-sang is claiming >200 songs in this mix?

Edit: songlist is up; 111 songs by my count. You'll probably want the nonstops and Onis as well.
Basic Member
Basic Member

32. PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Buttefly E12.gif
Larrikin
Contributor
Contributor

33. PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aionai wrote:
No Buttefly E12.gif

Yay! E4.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And thank god for that.
Junpei!
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am actually sad that butterfly didnt make it, I wanted to play the oni steps in a course tongue.gif plus the song brings back memories of the good ol days tongue.gif

oh well always party collection/best hits 2 whatever its called
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Aionai
Basic Member
Basic Member

36. PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Junpei! wrote:
I am actually sad that butterfly didnt make it, I wanted to play the oni steps in a course tongue.gif plus the song brings back memories of the good ol days tongue.gif

Same ^^ I haven't played it in a lonnggg time.
FTV
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random thought: You know what I kinda miss from the old days? SSR mode. It sure would be cool if the next arcade mix had that crazy crap on it again. Maybe SSR would now be above Heavy? Remember the feeling of punch'n in the code and watching as the machine totally changed color to a crazy red? The way you could ONLY play Maniac when you were playing SSR? That was so cool.
View users profile Send private message Send email
koru
Trick Member
Trick Member

38. PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zdemigoth wrote:
I bought a JPS2 off ebay and it works great. But for those who won't go that far I've heard you should get the swap magic disc and the flip top mod. It doesn't ruin your disc drive tray and you dont have to sodder in your ps2.

Ok well for one,The flip top sucks.Why does it suck? Simple.What it does is dooms you to that type of ps2 FOREVER.Meaning if you ever have enough money where you want to get a new mod chip,it can't be done.Once you remove that flip top,it's bye bye ps2. Also,you cannot use the swap magic disks on a ps2 without the flip top unless you have the really early models. Messiah 2 pro is the best.
J.J.
Trick Member
Trick Member

39. PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I played MAXUSA and saw a bunch of new songs, I thought to myself: alright! finally, we get something new, not just random songs that Konami gave us after the Japanese market had it's fun with them.

And sadly, I was wrong. They all showed up on DDREx arcade, except for possibly OVERBLAST!, but I was never really in love with that song.

Then I went through this with the new songs on MAX2USA, except it was with DDREx on Japanese PS2.

It's nice that KOA gave us pop-songs unique to the American market (Sandstorm, Love at First Sight, ect.), but I feel like a second-class customer. Would it kill them to give us some original Konami Original Remixes?

With regard to DDREx for USPS2:
I definitely want KOA to release it. MAX and MAX2 were about a year apart, so I suppose we'll have to wait about that long, if they release it. I'm a bit skeptical because it looks to me like Extreme was supposed to be the last game in the series because it has SO MANY songs on it. It's like Konami is saying "well, we're done with this project, so here's all the stuff we have." And if Konami is done with DDR, it's doubtful that they'll go through the trouble of releasing an American version of Extreme a year after the series is discontinued.

As far as numbers of songs on other mixes:
It's not about the capacity of a PSX or PS2 disc to hold data. It's about licensing of songs and keeping the number of songs down to a reasonable level so that every song can be appreciated. If they released a new DDR mix every year with ~100 songs on it, that's about 40 or so songs that wouldn't get played because the best songs on that mix would get all the attention. The money spent to license and develop those 40 songs would be wasted.[/i]
View users profile Send private message Send email
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: