Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Possible New Home Mix: DDR Party Collection
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IguanaGrrl
Staff Member
Staff Member

0. PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 8:25 am    Post subject: Possible New Home Mix: DDR Party Collection Reply with quote

According to the Games Are Fun news page, Konami of Japan will in the future be releasing a new home version for PS2, entitled Dance Dance Revolution Party Collection to be revealed at the Tokyo Game Show. This new mix is unconfirmed through Konami's website. We will keep you informed of any new developments.

Thanks to Cutriss for the link.
Basic Member
Basic Member

1. PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 8:57 am    Post subject: ddr partay mix Reply with quote

isnt it possible that maybe, jus maybe this site is showing ultramix for xbox, and for w/e reason put down some other name instead. you never know, there is plenty of confusion in the gaming world and this could be nothing but a simple mix up. E4.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email
IguanaGrrl
Staff Member
Staff Member

2. PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's completely possible, that's why I'm being very careful and informing everyone that this is unconfirmed. E1.gif

I honestly don't believe that it's the same thing, though, as the XBox version is a USA release and this is a Japanese release PS2 game they're speaking of.
Basic Member
Basic Member

3. PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:02 am    Post subject: RE:partay mix Reply with quote

ahh didnt catch that part, thanx for replying, that usually never happens

yur cool dude E7.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email
What?! ¡¿NekketsuKunio?!
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if maybe it's gonna be a PS2 port of Xbox's UltraMix? Nah, that sounds highly unlikely. Perhaps something along the lines of Extra Mix, maybe with a selection of songs that for whatever reason didn't make it into the home version of DDR EX? When's the Tokyo Game Show? I need more information! laugh.gif
View users profile Send private message
ninjafetus
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Party Collection"?

I think it would be awesome if they included a lot of fun modes like Dance Magic... I'm sure they could some up with creative DDR stuff to make it a rel "party" E13.gif
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

6. PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NekketsuKunio wrote:
When's the Tokyo Game Show?
According to the TGS webpage linked by IG up there in the main post, it's September 26-28. That's the same weekend as Anime Weekend Atlanta. E13.gif

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Jaunty Ravyn of TLF
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. New Japanese mixes are always interesting for nonimporters (such as myself), because nowadays, it gives us some idea of their future plans for US games. So the name is DDR Party Collection? Sounds like a collection of the most popular licensed songs. Could be completely off, but that's a first guess, at least.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Clay0K
Staff Member
Staff Member

8. PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did someone say Petit Love?

The should bring back DO ME though. E2.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
onetwolittleb
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like a collection of previously released songs to me, like best hits. Though it's not be a bad thing if some of the older songs were released on the newer engine.
Shinmizu
Staff Member
Staff Member

10. PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just love to see a PS2 game with the entire 4th Mix Plus song set on one disc. It's getting somewhat hard to find older Playstation mixes. frown.gif
For a Good time, call 555-1212 and ask for Susan. For a Great time, call 555-3487 and ask for Mindy. For a Perfect time, call 555-6341 and ask for Stephanie. For a Marvelous time, call 555-6341 and ask for Stephanie's mom.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Mook
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be great if it were a best hits collection for the PS2. I would love to get my hands on old licenses!
Catastrophe
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 7:09 pm    Post subject: DDR Party Collection Reply with quote

Wow! I wasn't expecting that! Who would've guessed after the rumor that MAX2 flopped in Japan that Konami would try again with *two* new games? ( All over there of course. Our MAX2 and Ultramix aren't in the picture. )

Did anyone else notice a lack of other Bemani in Konami's list? Wheres IIDX 7th? I thought PopN ( though I don't play ) was supposed to have a new game soon? Unless I missed something in that list I only see the Japanese version of Keraoke Revolution. E19.gif Gamers in Japan are still interested in Bemani, right? E19.gif Because if they don't buy it I'll never have the chance to import it. E15.gif
One Fu
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clay0K wrote:

i second that opinion! thumb.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Clay0K
Staff Member
Staff Member

14. PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: DDR Party Collection Reply with quote

Catastrophe wrote:
Did anyone else notice a lack of other Bemani in Konami's list? Wheres IIDX 7th?

Unofficial word on 7th Style is that the licensing is taking a long time, so it's been delayed for a bit.

Quote:
I thought PopN ( though I don't play ) was supposed to have a new game soon?

Pop'n 8 just came out a few weeks ago on the PS2, and Pop'n 10 just hit arcades this week. Another console release is at least 6 or 7 months off.
Dancing Dan
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this looks cool. Hey cant get enough ddr right?
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clay0K wrote:
Did someone say Petit Love?

I <3 you more E12.gif

EDiT: and they should bring back right now XD
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Gogo
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! More 60 FPS NTSC DDR! YAY! I'm happy to see anything never before @ 60 FPS on NTSC coming out! Maybe there will be a lot of old songs from pre 5th Mix. That'd be really cool to see old SMiLE.dk songs. w007. 1 11k3 70 5p34k 1n 1337 83c4u53 175 14m3!

Dance Masters: JPMax Single-Light. USMax Single-Light, Single-Standard. JPMax2 Single-Light.

Onis: USMax Lesson Oni. JPMax2 MoreLight, BeForU,
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
davidbrit2
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freak wrote:
EDiT: and they should bring back right now XD

Yes, but the slightly longer version from Beatmania IIDX, and with the music video that was used as well. Hell, they might as well just use IIDX videos for all the transplant songs from now on. And no more abbreviated versions of songs!

Last edited by davidbrit2 on Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:19 am, edited 2 times in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
MJSi24
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 3:35 pm    Post subject: I think that Party Collection is... Reply with quote

From the subtitle "Party Collection" I actually think that it is a collection of some of the liscenses of songs that we actually hear on the radio and aren't J-Pop but are still popular in Japan, Europe, and US. For instance, songs that could be on it are the exclusives from the European versions of Dancing Stage Euromix, Euromix2, Party Edition, and Megamix, as well as some of our US Max and Max2 Exclusives. Most of these songs have not been released in Japan DDR yet and here's a list of some of the songs I'm talking about:

Sandstorm
You Leave Me Alone
Dark Black Forest (Short Trip)
I Like to Move It
I Will Survive
Video Killed the Radio Star
Cotton-Eye Joe
Aaron's Party (Come Get It)
Don't Stop Moving
The Bad Touch
Days Go By
Those Kylie Minogue Songs I can't remember the titles of
A Little Less Conversation
ETC.

on a more unrelated note, first time I listed songs like this in a post, harder than it seems, especially when trying to find European songlists when ddruk.com is not working at this time. but my point is, maybe it's a PAL to NTSC collection I guess.
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: