Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

EMS USB convertor lag in SM

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spoonsman
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 10:11 am    Post subject: EMS USB convertor lag in SM Reply with quote

I bought an EMS USB convertor from levelsix.com and it has unacceptable lag when I play stepmania. To get perfects I must pretty much do good attack stepping before I should have to. Just to make sure it wasn't me I had other people try it and confirm my suspicions.

So does anyone know how to fix this problem? I'm using WinXP home with StepMania 3.9 alpha 4b if that helps.
View users profile Send private message
spoonsman
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After going into controller config in the control panel, I notice that it lags slightly there, so it isn't just stepmania. Anyone?
Silly Puppy
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem, and to be honest, it really cuts into my enjoyment of StepMania (I'm sure you'd agree, given that you are aggravated enough to post about it!).

The solution supposedly resides within the "GlobalOffsetSeconds" setting, which can be changed in the [Options] section of StepMania.ini . Try an offset of 0.100000 seconds, and tweak it until it's perfect for you. I've been WAY too lazy recently, and haven't worked with it myself, so if you can, play around with the number and let us all know what worked for you.

Puppy
spoonsman
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried my friend's parallel adapter today and it worked fine. I also tried my EMS adapter on his computer at it worked fine. I suppose its just something on my comp then.

I'd much rather fix the actual problem than sidestepping it. If I changed the global offset it would screw up the other guy who's pad isn't lagging.
Silly Puppy
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't recall having lag problems on the computer which was my desktop (until I bought this notebook and gave my wife that computer), but the notebook has lag problems with the adapter. I changed the GlobalOffsetSeconds to -0.050000 and StepMania works much more accurately now.

Hey, whatever works for ya, right? E1.gif

Puppy
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: