Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Stepmania and OS X

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
devil_zukin
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:36 am    Post subject: Stepmania and OS X Reply with quote

has anyone else out there tried to install Stepmania in OS X? I've tried a couple of the different builds for it and have gotten varying results, none of which have let me play at all.

Currently running OS 10.1.5
G3 600 iBook
256 megs or ram

I'm not even sure how I should set it up or go about doing that. If anyone else has installed it with success, let me know how please. Thanks. E1.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have installed SSMAX2 and my trouble is getting the songs on there i created a folder but when i click to play it ... it says that a song is outside of the folder and i have checked and there are no other songs outside
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Pop'n Usagi!
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDR_Punk: You have to have 2 folders inside the Songs folder in order to play songs... example: Song>ddr extreme (i think that might be the one you're missing?)>Bag etc.
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
devil_zukin
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawaii Usagi! wrote:
DDR_Punk: You have to have 2 folders inside the Songs folder in order to play songs... example: Song>ddr extreme (i think that might be the one you're missing?)>Bag etc.

I did that with the version that would actually start up. But after it read the first folder, it would give me an error, then write it to the log and then just quit. That's the closest I've come to running stepmania on my system.
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:43 am    Post subject: Re: Stepmania and OS X Reply with quote

Devil_Zukin [PSO] wrote:
G3 600 iBook
256 megs or ram

It requires 10.2.3 or greater (including 10.3 WWDC Preview Release). At least, no one's successfully run it on anything older than that as far as I've heard.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
devil_zukin
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Stepmania and OS X Reply with quote

Snof wrote:
Devil_Zukin [PSO] wrote:
G3 600 iBook
256 megs or ram

It requires 10.2.3 or greater (including 10.3 WWDC Preview Release). At least, no one's successfully run it on anything older than that as far as I've heard.

frust.gif You know, it would be nice if they put that up to let people know instead of people trying to install it and not having any success. The times I looked for any indication of a minimum, there was nothing that I saw.

Plus I hope someone has found a way to get it to run on 10.1.5
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: