Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Dancing Stage Fever Details
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Remy
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 3:35 pm    Post subject: Dancing Stage Fever Details Reply with quote

Monitor Media, a European gaming news site, has revealed details about a new European DDR mix for the Playstation 2 entitled Dancing Stage Fever.

The mix appears to be very similar to DDRMAX2 USA's feature list, including new licensed songs and original music videos used as background FMV. Newly licensed songs come from artists such as The Spice Girls, Ace Of Base, Dexy's Midnight Runners, Squeeze, Thin Lizzy and more. A number of Konami Originals also will be appearing.

For more details, check out the Quicktime movie. The game is scheduled to ship in Europe this October. Huge thanks to Anima and strAbo for the link.
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the songlist of all the songs featured in the quicktime movie. This is not a complete list for the game.

All That She Wants / Ace Of Base
Come On Eileen / Dexy's Midnight Runners
Cool For Cats / Squeeze
Destiny / Naoki feat. Paula Terry
Do It Right (Harmonized 2Step Mix) / SOTA feat. Ebony Fay
Drop The Bomb (Sys SF Mix) / Scotty D
Ecstasy / d-complex
I'm For Real / Slake feat. JP Miles
Kakumei / dj TAKA feat. Naoki
Let The Beat Hit Em! / Stone Bros.
Look To The Sky (True Color Mix) / SySF. feat. Anna
Love Again Tonight (For Melissa Mix) / Naoki feat. Paula Terry
MaxX Unlimited / Z
Midnite Blaze / U1 Jewel Style
One Step Beyond / Madness
Over Blast!! / L.E.D. Light
Paranoia Evolution / 200
Peace-out / dj nagureo
Put Your Faith In Me (Jazzy Groove) / Uzi-Lay
Rain Of Sorrow / NM feat. Ebony Fay
SP-Trip Machine (Jungle Mix) / De-Sire
Teenage Kicks / The Undertones
The Boys Are Back In Town / Thin Lizzy
Virtuality / vbirds
Wannabe / The Spice Girls
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy sh*t. I am so jealous. Not only does it have the 5th mix selection screen song, but it has Ace of Base, Spice Girls, and Dexy's Midnight Runners. That is so awsome!
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
MJSi24
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:36 pm    Post subject: maybe European DDR is better than I thought Reply with quote

After watching that video I have a lot of things to say. First, maybe for once Europeans won't get short-changed for a DDR game. I mean, their Dancing Stage Megamix probably should of been that game combined with DS Fever and then they would of definitely had a really great mix. Maybe it was liscensing time. OK, now for the summarization of it all. The engine, how can you describe it, it's like Max USA with Max 2 USA features such as the music video FMV, nonstop, and beginner mode. My next opinion is that it seems after Max2 USA and DS Fever come out, the USA and Europe will then probably finally be caught up with Japan with the DDR series so what we see in next year's DDR games may end up being pretty exciting. Then again, when we finally get caught up Japan will drop Extreme CS so they'll be a generation ahead again. My next opinion, this mix may make it worth it to import from Europe, although it's much harder to do that due to NTSC and PAL incompatibility. Then again we don't know what our Max 2 USA unlockables are yet and they could be some liscenses from these European DDR mixes. Finally, I think Konami of Europe has finally figured out how to make decent steps as not all of the liscenses are easy 4 foot maniacs. Lastly, man I wish we had some of the liscenses they do especially The Boys are Back in Town by Thin Lizzy, that song is completely classic.
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
HM
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJ, the reason why MegaMix had so few songs was they rather than put out one full price release, with 60+ songs on it, Konami are releasing three games, slightly cheaper, with only 30ish songs on each. The first two are mainly aimed at beginners / casual players, with only a few songs for the hardcore player.

But, like you said, I'm glad they arent keeping the heavy steps for the licenced songs to 4 feet.

This seems to be a pretty good mix..but I'd sooner have Max 2 anyday!

The news for the third game is that it will have a lot more Konami originals, and will be aimed more to the intermediate / advanced player.

Fingers crossed!!
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Vic Viper
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just noticed on the select style screen, they used the "5th Mix" Select Style Music.

BTW, I visit the "DDR UK" site and they say they'll have it for both PS1 and PS2. What's that all about?

Still, won't care much since I don't have a Euro PS2.
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy crap.
thin lizzy.
thats something i never ever thought i'd see in DDR.
View users profile Send private message
jerr
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drool.gif dexys midnight runners! in ddr!
that is AMAZING! i sure hope they bring that to an american mix...
HM
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MMM....tempo changes for fun!

And yes, PS1 and PS2...the only difference will probably be that the PS1 version wont have the BG movies...

No loss there then!

Last edited by HM on Wed Aug 27, 2003 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Vic Viper
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honey Monster wrote:
MMM....tempo changes for fun!

And yes, PS1 and PS2...the only difference will probably be that the PS1 version wont have the BG movies...

No lose there then!

And possibly "5th Mix" interface and dancers.
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HA! I always knew Spice Girls music would be perfect for DDR. I can't believe it took Konami this long to notice. And this is getting a simultaneous release for PS1 and PS2? That's just all kinds of weird. Playing Kakumei and Maxx Unlimited on a PS1 would make my head explode.

Last edited by davidbrit2 on Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:32 am, edited 2 times in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Project: J-ko
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy... drool.gif

Man, I hope some of those songs are also unlockables for MAX2USA.

Come on Eileen?! Dear sweet Lord, yes!

That looks to be a great mix.
BlackCloud
Basic Member
Basic Member

12. PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMAZING

Spice Girls, Dexy's Midnight Runners, Ace of Base....ahhhhh

These could find its way stateside, just as Love at First Sight.
Syxx
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's bad My Summer Love isn't in this game.... then you could play All That She Wants and that song back to back to back to back and drive yourself crazy. E1.gif

Seriously though... Wannabe should be on MAX2 US frown.gif
HM
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.

It seems like you US guys really love the listing!

I cant speak for the whole UK, but the main thing that narks us off is the pathetic number of songs...

Licensed tracks are all well and good, but id far rather have a Max equivalent over here rather than this latest effort...
N.N.T. Barton '1080 ~IIDX
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well konamix and DDR MAX us started out with a wimpy selection tell unlocks where done. i am guessing it will be the same for Dancing stage(i love hearing the MAX anouncer say it ^__^) but i am sure the list will grow. but i am willing to bet it will not have alot of realy cool orignals. but i hope it has video killed the radio star happy.gif

PRIMARY VIVID NNTB beatmaniaIIDX Ver.012
The sound pressure makes you feel refreshment of mind and body. Feel the shouwer of lights & colors.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
SurvivorMAX(its my name!)
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHY HAS NOONE NOTICE ONE STEP BEYOND!!!!!!!!!!!!

song = pwned

my stupid quicktime cant play the video..im upset
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
yyr
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone here successfully imported Dancing Stage MegaMix to any NTSC territory? (By successfully, I mean the game plays correctly on a 60Hz setup.) I was considering obtaining a bootleg to "try it out," but I figure there's a chance the legit final version would work and the bootleg beta wouldn't, so I'm not going to bother.

Basically I want the answer so I know if importing DS Fever is a possibility, or if it's thoroughly impossible. I have both a modified PS (stealth mod) and PS2 (Magic 3). Both are from the NTSC U/C region. If I can't import it, it's not the end of the world (hello DDR Extreme and Party Collection!), but I might actually be somewhat interested this time.

~yyr
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this looks like a really good song list. I wish more 80 songs would be in DDR. The downside is we all know that the songs are going to have pathetically easy maniac steps. I played both megamix and party edition on SM and the steps are easier than most standards steps on extreme. Maybe i can hope that there will be some hard songs.
[DMB]dman.exe
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 2:28 pm    Post subject: Wut the ? Reply with quote

hey this is a little off-subject but how come the us doesnt get any dancing stages, we just ddr and max every couple of years. i mean look at the differnce in the amount of games that came out for the japanese ps1 and the us ps1. two and a quarter came out in the us and a bazillion came out in japan. not fair! they should release thoise games over here! that would be tight! thank you very much!
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: