Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Partial MAX2USA Songlist Revealed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryujiikata
Trick Member
Trick Member

60. PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see why there are so many transplants from previous mixes. I'm guessing some will have the Oni versions, like AM-3P, Hysteria, Kind Lady, Silent Hill, Still in my Heart and Super Star. Other songs might just be in the game for their place in the Oni's. They've also brought a song from the European DDR games (Love at First Sight, which I believe premiered on Dancing Stage MegaMix). KoA got two licences to trance/techno songs that are somewhat known to the average consumer, Heaven and Days Go By. The Captain Jack songs look good, too. Just from the initial 40 songs released I can say I'm going to buy this mix with no regrets.
"Under such extreme heat, wear and degradation is inevitable!! Parts break after overuse!! And THAT is why toaster pastries will BURST into flames if you don't keep an eye on them, you sacks of bladder waste!!!!" - The Happy Noodle Boy
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
[K-OS] Flash
Trick Member
Trick Member

61. PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

25 songs left...lets 2 of them include Waka Laka and Baby Love me blink.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Bisiopao
Trick Member
Trick Member

62. PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gosh..so many people complaining about the list..just be glad we're even GETTING a new one..

And I seriously doubt Heaven will be a 9-footer, to whoever said that..the beat is too simple..But I do hope one of the US Exclusive tracks will be a 9 footer..

I see that Get Down Tonite and Conga Feelin are on the list. So I am happy.
Jesus' Homie
Trick Member
Trick Member

63. PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoo! I will finally get to play one of Kylie's songs.
dancer-x
Sneaky Bemani Ninja
Sneaky Bemani Ninja

64. PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:36 pm    Post subject: WTF are you guys doggy about? Reply with quote

Hi all,

Usually I don't get involved with normal chat about DDR and just stick to my occasional posts about new songs in the game, but in light of the last 4 pages I just read, I am really disappointed in *most* of you.

Let me start with my gripes:

doggy: "MAX2 US has too many repeat songs from KONAMIX and MAX"
Reality: 1) Let's look at the repeat songs from MAX2 JPN for starters. They had at least 20 songs that had either appeared on a previous DDR game or was repeated from DDRMAX US version. 2) If you look at MAX2 JPN version, most of the old KO repeats were on there because those songs also had the challenge remix version (i.e. B4U, Dynamite Rave, AM-3P, etc.). 3) I think another reason for some repeats is to support the edit mode (and probably to increase sales on the older games if someone just bought DDRMAX2 and doesn't have MAX1 or KONAMIX).

doggy: "MAX2 has US exclusives"
Reality: Uhhhhhhh....this is what every DDR player has wanted since the beginning. I don't get this arguement at all. Sorry.

doggy: "I wanted more MAX2 JPN licensed songs"
Reality: Most MAX2 licensed songs are not that appealing to the US audience IMO. Plus, when MAX2 came out, people were upset that key MAX1 songs were taken out (i.e. Ghosts). MAX2 US has what I think is some of the best mix of MAX1 and MAX2. I don't know about you, but I think it is F*CKIN awesome to be able to play Ghosts, Drifting Away, Blow My Whistle, Let's Groove, Twilight Zone, So Deep and Long Train Runnin in the SAME MIX. PLUS it gets even better with some awesome classic licenses like Conga Feelin (with the real music video!!), Dream A Dream (with the real music video!!) and In the Navy (with the real music video!!). That line-up alone rocks and yet KOA throws in awesome US exclusives like Days Go By, Love At First Sight, Get Down Tonite (btw, this is a US exclusive..there is no Get Down Tonite on JPN DDR games) and Heaven? Man...what is up with this thread?

doggy: "There's not enough songs!"
Reality: Someone needs to change the front page because it is "OVER 65" songs and not "65 songs total". Whoever mods this site needs to fix this. People were ecstatic last year when MAX1 US had 71 songs and what MAX1 JPN had a measly 45 or something??

Again, I am really shocked by a lot of the posts in this thread. I expected more praise for this mix. For those of you who are excited, I couldn't agree more. Oh yeah, some of the hidden songs are awesome.

d-x
View users profile Send private message
Chris
Trick Member
Trick Member

65. PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sincerely doubt the CJ songs and the Kylie song will have the videos.

The CJ songs because they're remixes of his original work. His original work is what the videos were made for. So, any sort of rhythmic visual parts would no longer be in sync with the music.

The Kylie song has a better chance, but I doubt it, since the Euromix version of the song didn't have the video. But I could be wrong since Days Go By, etc, is getting their videos.
shmigheghi
Trick Member
Trick Member

66. PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, is it 65+ songs TOTAL as Gamespot says or is it 65+ regular with 25 hidden like IGN says?
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
scytheboiVIRTUAL
Trick Member
Trick Member

67. PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my view on the songlisting for MAX2. I think both ways with the 65+ TOTAl and IGN's source are related.

The 40 songs by default are obviously in the game.
The 25+ will be unlocks of vasrious different songs. (stuff like Candy, Sweet Sweet Magic, Burning Heat, etc.)
The special 25 or so I think refers to special songs like Oni remixes or the extra stage songs. (B4U Oni remix, look to the sky trance mix, kakumei, etc.)

Makes sense to me. Since it seems weird to have like 20 of those 25+ be oni remixes with ONLY challenge steps. I hope my theory is in SOME way correct, lol.
ALexX
Basic Member
Basic Member

68. PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH MY GOD.

i saw this list and cried.
heaven? amazing. truly amazing.

they better not decide to drop edit mode in this.
i have so many ideas for this stuff.
i hope they bring in:
    Witch Doctor (I WILL MAKE A EDIT OF IT)
    Baby Love Me
    Sweet Sweet Love Magic
    Afronova (I know this isnt a MAX2 song, but i need to edit so badly)
    And Sobasku of course (Extra stage setter)

AND I HAVE THIS RESERVED ALREADY YES!
too bad the date keeps changing...
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Aesir
Trick Member
Trick Member

69. PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is simply the finest home mix ever... Scratch that, greatest mix ever. I think everyone complaining has been spoiled by the 200+-song-ness of Extreme or something. I am completely thrilled this game has such incredibly cool licenses, and even if the hidden songs are complete crap, or even if there were no hidden songs, this would be an incredible mix, worthy of even Japanese players importing it. My only concern is that Oni mode hasn't been confirmed, which I thought was kinda the focus of Max 2 (nonstop's great, but its nothing new, and yes we've already had Oni, but Max's implementation was a bit weak).

Great job, KOA thumb.gif !! You've done your homework!!
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Cowman715
Trick Member
Trick Member

70. PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont really need this mix... i pretty much have all the songs on the japanese versions and i dont really like US exclusive songs... they disapoint me... lol but im a collector.... so ill buy it lol

HE'S SO FUCKING FUNNY WITH THE RANDOMNESS AND MY CAPS PROVE IT TO BE TRUE!!!!!!!!
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
ZotTower
Trick Member
Trick Member

71. PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this mix already, but sometime Im a big fan of all the Erotic songs, so I hope they're put into some of the home mixes soon.
Trick Member
Trick Member

72. PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris wrote:
I sincerely doubt the CJ songs and the Kylie song will have the videos.

The CJ songs because they're remixes of his original work. His original work is what the videos were made for. So, any sort of rhythmic visual parts would no longer be in sync with the music.

The Kylie song has a better chance, but I doubt it, since the Euromix version of the song didn't have the video. But I could be wrong since Days Go By, etc, is getting their videos.

Actually those songs DO have their music videos on them.

So does Conga Feeling, Days Go By, Take Me Away (Into the Night), and The Whistle Song.

Everyone in this thread is so negative.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Kotick
Trick Member
Trick Member

73. PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll just re-post what I said on the MAX2 thread:

Quote:
So Deep! Long Train Runnin! Let's Groove! Drifting Away! Dream A Dream! Hell yeah! I'm settled! Though, I would have wanted The Name of the Game instead of Busy Child from The Crystal Method and Castles in the Sky instead of Will I? by Ian Van Dahl. (But I do like Will I?).

One more thing: Why, for the umpthteenth time, is AM-3P back? I like the song and all, but for the love of god, it needs to be replaced! Give me AM-3P AM East Mix!

Other than the AM-3P repeat, I'm cool with what's in MAX2 so far! E7.gif
pkmnx
Trick Member
Trick Member

74. PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though I could just DWI/SM all of these, I'm buying it for one reason and one reason only:

Conga Feeling at the MAX2 framerate. God, yes.

I was brought up on 5th mix, so I MUST have this now. E13.gif Anyway, for the hidden songs, it'll most certainly be in the strain of MAX - some old (3rd/4th/5th) songs, some new IIDX ports (Jam & Marmalade, etc), and MAYBE some of the MAX2 songs. Other than Maxx and Kakumei (which are certainties), Burning Heat has a VERY good chance of appearing as a MAX2 arcade port song. I highly, highly doubt that any MAX/MAX2 licensed songs will be in there hidden, especially not anything that wasn't in Extreme (as they obviously couldn't get the licensing again). So don;t hold your breath for Baby Love Me, A Minute, SFSF, etc., and things like Waka Laka and Witch Doctor are long shots too. I would be /very/ surprised if we got any of these.

But KoA seems to change its mind all the time. I guess we'll have to wait and see, ne?
Nashxyzz
Trick Member
Trick Member

75. PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People aren't really being negative as much as giving ideas and hoping certain songs being on the version. I hope they will release a more update to date list with more songs so we don't get anxious about what gonna be on them.

Last edited by Nashxyzz on Sat Aug 09, 2003 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total
Nashxyzz
Trick Member
Trick Member

76. PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDR Extreme is ran on only 1 CD and the cd isn't ran on a dvd rom drive. I'm sure they could add a lot more songs unless it's a special kind of cd. Anyways, I like a lot of the song listed but I think they should add the ones that lots of people like too. I'm not against recycled songs too much but if u saw like silent hill on every version they made I sure you would get tired of it real fast and would like something different. I'm hoping the other songs will be as good and hard as the other songs.

And for those who looked at my list on page 2 and made comments about half the songs being from extreme song list. Yes they are about how many orginated from extreme. only 4 songs were, the rest came off other games. I know there not gonna add a lot from Extreme if any, but they should put some songs in from their other bemani games too. I'm sure a lot of ddr songs have been on games like the beatmania and the IIDX series like max 300 which show up on I believe an beatmania 7th mix and kakumei too and a few paranoias were on some of their earlier beatmania games.
Syxx
Trick Member
Trick Member

77. PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The list is nothing to get overly excited for if you have access to the imports, BUT it should be a good mix. I know I'm getting it for shizzle.
dj-Luminus
Trick Member
Trick Member

78. PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if they're gonna include the Music Video Mode mention a long while back. And I wonder if they do a music video mode if it's gonna play the full song?

Also is the song selection screen going to be like EXTREME's? How are they going to fit in Beginner Mode? Maybe put it on the same side as Oni and Nonstop or something...
Trick Member
Trick Member

79. PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With more that 65 regular songs and 25 hidden themes available once the game is finished"
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/432/432914p1.html?fromint=1

ok, let's read this carefully: 65 regular songs and 25 hidden THEMES. Themes could be anything. They could be Oni courses, exrta songs, ONI steps available in normal game mode, or a combination of the previously mentioned. Theme doesnt neccesarily mean song. Of course, if it does, that would be pretty sweet.
________
Vaporizers

Last edited by Desoulman on Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11

Jump to: