Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Partial MAX2USA Songlist Revealed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dancemaniadk78
Basic Member
Basic Member

100. PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very pleased with the list of songs so far, but where is Sweet Sweet Love Magic and True... (Trance Sunrise Mix). Those 2 songs should also be in DDRMAX2 USA!! Also What is happening with X-Box's Ultramix!!

View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mysterio
Trick Member
Trick Member

101. PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be willing to bet that virtually all of the Konami songs are going to make the cut, especially the Oni remixes.

As I said, I am pleased with what info has been relesed thus far, and I can't wait for it's release.

Also, won't it be $40 like last time?

...but Rhythm and Police is no longer crazy!
View users profile Send private message
McKickflip
Trick Member
Trick Member

102. PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG YES THEY HAVE A CRYSTAL METHOD SONG
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
TheKnightOfNee
Trick Member
Trick Member

103. PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the songlist so far, except for seeing AM-3P in there yet again. That, and Secret Rendez-vous.... unless Secret Rendez-vous is used in an oni course. Then it's ok.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
DDR Man
Trick Member
Trick Member

104. PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The songlist is overall pretty good.

I have a feeling that some of the repeats listed from previous US mixes are actually only the Oni Remixes that will appear:
AM-3P (AM-East Mix)
Celebrate Nite (Euro Trance Mix)
Do It Right (80's Electro Mix)
Hysteria 2001
Kind Lady (Interlude)
Silent Hill (3rd Christmas Mix)
Super Star (from Nonstop Megamix [though this isn't how it would probably show up])

For: Still In My Heart and Tsugaru
Still In My Heart (Momo Mix)
Tsugaru (Apple Mix)
better show up.

The other repeats:
Secret Rendezvous
Spin the Disc
I feel those are acceptable repeats because they were in a way, MAX2 Preview songs in MAX USA.

For:
Groove
I Was The One
maybe even:
Jam & Marmalade
The Shining Polaris
I hope they give us only an Oni remix of these, though it might not happen for the last 2.

Other songs that would be nice on MAX2USA:
Afronova (from Nonstop Megamix)
V
A
Paranoia Survivor

Maybe Konami should give us Paranoia Survivor Rebirth (to the tune of Paranoia Rebirth)
.fill
Trick Member
Trick Member

105. PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drool.gif
I can't wait for this to come out. The songlist looks great with a lot of my favorites (Heaven, Take Me Away, Days Go By, Love At First Sight). The pics I've seen look pretty cool, and I'm pretty excited to play more songs with videos in the background instead of seizure-inducing colors and shapes. I noticed a few pics with Take Me Away video in the background too. I just wish they put in Petit Love love.gif.
cecil_paladin_1002
Trick Member
Trick Member

106. PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If A and V came out for this mix...along with So Deep, Kakumei, Ghosts, Drifting Away, MaxX Unlimited, and Tsugaru...*eyes pop*! Not to mention the still often rumored Paranoia Survivor...
cecil_paladin_1002
Trick Member
Trick Member

107. PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If A and V came out for this mix...along with So Deep, Kakumei, Ghosts, Drifting Away, MaxX Unlimited, and Tsugaru...*eyes pop*! Not to mention the still often rumored Paranoia Survivor...I think if this mix has a handful of songs worth playing, then it would be worth getting. A few good songs do a lot to ease and make up for an otherwise medicore list anyways, and plus whether at the arcades or home, ppl tend to play the select few songs they hold above all others the most anyways (for me being So Deep E15.gif). Oops...double posted...sorry =/.
chadarnook
Trick Member
Trick Member

108. PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will I? by Ian Van Dahl is a fantastic song. I always thought it kind of sounded like something that would work well for DDR, and now it's on DDR! I'm psyched.

It's also good to see So Deep on the list. I'll be practicing that one a lot. Throw in Cow Girl and Waka Laka as unlocks and I will be very excited. Now if only the release date didn't coincide with the date I go away for college!
DreamerJM
Basic Member
Basic Member

109. PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking at the list, and liking what I'm seeing - I've played a few of the new songs on DDR Extreme in the arcade, and I like them. And others are done by artists I like. And some just have good reputations on this board (if you can't tell, I own no Japanese mixes).

[rant on]
However, like many others in this thread, I am extremely puzzled and disapponted over the high number of US repeats on this mix. I mean, Konami has more than 6 Japanese mixes worth of music to choose from, with steps and all already done, and instead they fill in the gaps with songs we already have in the US, some multiple times over? Why?! It doesn't even make financial sense - if I bought DDR Max 2, and liked it, I sure as heck wouldn't buy the original US DDR Max, because a lot of its best songs were already covered in this new one.

Some people have brought up the fact that the Japanese Max and Max 2 had songs from past mixes on them, but see, with them, they've already done so many mixes in Japan, even fans of the game may not have them all, especially the early ones. I doubt they had as huge a number of songs taken straight from Max 1 on Max 2. We in the US console market have only had *3* mixes, 4 if you count Disney, two of which are still in many stores and easy to find, and one (which has many of its songs mirrored in this new game) is barely a year old! And chances are high a good majority of the people interested in buying DDR Max 2 already owns DDR Max 1.

I'm sorry, but the only reason I can think of for Konami to do something like this is because they are lazy, and don't want to make videos for many pre-Max songs, or try to fit some of the videos to other songs. I mean think of it - they get to add 12 or 13 songs to the list for free, without doing one jot of work. And they'll sell just as many Max 2 games as if they had put 12 or 13 more songs that were never in the US; and they might even sell a few Max 1 gaes based on this for the people too clueless to do research and realize that many of the best songs are duplicated.
[/rant]

Having said that, I'll still be buying this mix, and have hopes that one of the unannounced songs is Dam Dariram, a song I first played this summer on a 5th Mix machine, and more recently on DDR Extreme - it has become one of my favorite songs, and would have bought a Japanese PSOne and 5th Mix if it had had that (and its remix) on it, along with the other great 5th Mix songs. And Freckles - Freckles (from Extreme) on Hard is Fun!
Kerf
Trick Member
Trick Member

110. PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the song list.. conga feeling.. would have NEVER thought they would put that in.. drifting away ^^.. umm and others.. yay ^^
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Kerf
Trick Member
Trick Member

111. PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashxyzz wrote:
Those songs sound pretty good except for a few *cough* conga feeling *cough*. I think they need to put some of these songs in to make it a better song selection:
MEMORIES
HYPER EUROBEAT
BURNIN' THE FLOOR (MOMO MIX)
either BUTTERFLY or BUMBLE BEE

you make me cry.. conga feeling is way better than all of those put together..
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Dj_Midnite
Trick Member
Trick Member

112. PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is that there will only be one prievew song for the upcoming Extreme mix, But there could be 2 E19.gif

That would most likely be either Paranoia Survivor, Or maybe even Paranoia Survivor Max with Oni steps included (Crosses Fingers) E4.gif

Although A and V would be very nice, They wouldnt be prievews for exclusivly Extreme, They were also on Beatmania, The only other prievew song on beatmania was Spin the Disc and even that had a DDR exclusive next to it in Secret Rendevous E13.gif

So who knows if they keep with the trend we might see Paranoia Survivor Max and V or A on the Max 2 list drool.gif

Although personally out of V and A Im looking for V, The challenge steps are very fun! E4.gif
0mni
Trick Member
Trick Member

113. PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Find it funny how everyone is going crazy over paranoia survivor. That song isn't even fun.. The maxxes kind of are, but that song is just... not fun. And it most likely won't be in there, but Maxx unlimited will be (duhhr.)

Quote:
Those songs sound pretty good except for a few *cough* conga feeling *cough*. I think they need to put some of these songs in to make it a better song selection:
MEMORIES
HYPER EUROBEAT
BURNIN' THE FLOOR (MOMO MIX)
either BUTTERFLY or BUMBLE BEE

You are the epitome of bad taste in music.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Dj_Midnite
Trick Member
Trick Member

114. PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt count Paranoia Survivor out, I mean what other song are they ganna put as a preview song? Plus Paranoia Survivor is a milestone 10 footer for ddr players working there way up the later. I mean not all hard songs are fun, Max 300 isnt meant to be fun its there to make u relize how good uve gotten
ZotTower
Trick Member
Trick Member

115. PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omni - Paranoia Survivor, just like any other 10 footer, is fun if you're good at it. Paranoia Survivor and MAX300 are fun for me to play cause I can always do pretty good on them on a consistent basis and am no longer completely exhausted by the end.
Trick Member
Trick Member

116. PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nitro wrote:
Mysterio wrote:
Why are (most) you of people complianing?

So Deep alone is good enough, but throw in Ghosts, LTR', The Whistle Song, Drifting Away, Conga Feeling and Let's Groove and you have a drool-worthy list IMO.

So deep is good, ghosts is mediocre, I don't like LTR, whistle song is tolerable, I hate drifting away, conga feeling, and groove.

This is not good reason for me to shell out $50. I do not want a cd full of suckiness

So you like Trance. Go play some IIDX and quit complaining about DDR.
JGB
Trick Member
Trick Member

117. PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think from the song list so far, MAX2 looks to be a great game. I thought the MAX songlist was adequate, I liked EVERY SINGLE exclusive. I remember wasting my first weekend owning the game trying to unlock DTB. I'd like oni mode, but nonstop looks interesting, due to the fact of the absence of it since Konamix. I also think it is safe to assume MaXx and Kakumei are most likely in the game, and probably extra stages. What I am really concerned about is the release date. Gamespot says 9/23, I believe BemaniX says 9/17, and Gamestop says 10/7. Oh well.
I just hope everyone pre-ordered it! E15.gif

-DMN
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
bigmclargehuge
Basic Member
Basic Member

118. PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that its sweet we are getting songs by Crystal Method and Kylie, but where's the love for Get Down Tonight? Thats frickin awesome! Its nice to get some of our beloved genre's roots thrown in for a change. Way to go Konamiii!!!!
bigmclargehuge
Basic Member
Basic Member

119. PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that its sweet we are getting songs by Crystal Method and Kylie, but where's the love for Get Down Tonight? Thats frickin awesome! Its nice to get some of our beloved genre's roots thrown in for a change. Way to go Konamiii!!!!
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 6 of 11

Jump to: