Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

SM wont recognize my songs..

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Biosage X
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 7:02 pm    Post subject: SM wont recognize my songs.. Reply with quote

*points to title* it wont recognize any of my songs what am i doing wrong!? and according to the readme it says there must be the folder stepmanias in>songs>the mix its in>then the song name> then the files themselves...is this right?if so do i have to change the names of the files?
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only constraints on the song name is that the mp3 has to have the same name that is denoted as the song name in the dwi file, but most of the time when you download the songs that will already be the case. What version of stepmania are you running, and do you have more than one version on your computer?

And I think you have the directory structure, but just to make sure, here is a sample path to a dwi file:

C:\Program Files\Stepmania CVS\Songs\Dance Dance Revolution 8th Mix -Extreme-\V(for Extreme)\V(for Extreme).dwi
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a similar problem, but the program recognizes all my songs until I start to play them, as soon as it gets past the 1st Stage screen it crashes. WHY?!?!?! Is it because I copied the songs off of another networked computer in my house? There seems to be nothing wrong with them... The mp3's work, the dwi's open in notepad, the pictures are viewable, whats wrong?!?!

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lumpybc
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you post info.txt, crash.txt, and log.txt riiight.gif ?
View users profile Send private message
Biosage X
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am running stepmania version 300 final and thanks that put it more simply and i can run songs but one last question... if i get a custom song where do i put it?
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the directory structure is exactly the same...basically stepmania thinks about it this way:

Each folder inside the Songs folder is considered a "Mix". You can name these mixes absolutely anything you want to, your not limited to the official mixes, nor do the official mixes have to be named in any particular way (although if you download premade oni/nonstop courses they have a naming convention you should follow). I have a folder inside of the Songs folder called Dance Dance Revolution Unlimited, which is where I put all of my unofficial .dwi's. You put the files for the custom/unofficial song inside a folder of their own just like you would a normal song. Ex:

C:\Program Files\Stepmania CVS\Songs\Dance Dance Revolution Unlimited\Megaman Perfect\megaman.dwi

The name of the folder with all of the song files has no relevance whatsoever (that's true of the official and unofficial files)...all of the data that stepmania uses is inside the files, it just wants files that go together organized together somehow. Hope that helps.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: