Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDR in... Seventeen Magazine?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J Dogg
Administrator
Administrator

0. PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 3:41 pm    Post subject: DDR in... Seventeen Magazine? Reply with quote

Here is the link: Astrocize.

Last edited by J Dogg on Wed Jul 23, 2003 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Larrikin
Contributor
Contributor

1. PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They even bothered to link to this site, cool.
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And who exactly was checkin' out the Seventeen horoscopes?...JDogg?
I like how guys that have playstation can be dorks, but girls that do are 'tech-savvy'.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
SYSS Mouse
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just wondering which DDRer would actually bother reading seventeen?
View users profile Send private message
Sentinel Marc 4
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Im a Leo and I was on that tech-tv thing for the "losing weight by playing ddr" thing haha. Weird...
StarDeath88
Basic Member
Basic Member

5. PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What show on tech tv? x-play?
FlagGirl
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this insults me... i mean, the quote about "Britney-like skills" makes me want to throw whoever wrote that through a window, along with my dancepads for being compared to anything dealing with britney spears.... and what's up with being tech-savy? since when did owning playstation make a girl "tech-savy"?

this is sad. ::sighs:: why does everything i like become a fad?
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Sentinel Marc 4
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was on fresh gear.
-PARANOiA
Basic Member
Basic Member

8. PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has it occured to anyone that to get a decent work out you have to play on maniac with 9's for an hour? And the time it takes to get good enough to do that? Or even that if you DO decide to try and get a work-out on basic, you will have to play for about 8 hours straight?

what's wrong with these people. it's not about getting a workout.......
Par`a*noi"a, n. A chronic form of insanity characterized by very gradual impairment of the intellect, systematized delusion, and usually by delusious of persecution or mandatory delusions producing homicidal tendency. Paranoiacs usually show evidences of bodily and nervous degeneration, and many have hallucinations, esp. of sight and hearing.

You'd have to be crazy to pass that...
HealingV.78
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*gulps* Is that what they think about DDR? erm.gif
Setzer
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmm...yea...who was reading 17.....cmon, guilty party step forward to get flamed horribly

blink.gif so thats what 17 year old girls think of ddr. great.

whats up with ddr and all this (imo) bad publicity. i got a kick out of the comic, and i loved teh will and grace appearance, but in 17 and on a soap opera...?

the only good thing about this possibly going mainstream is im gonna be a complete jerk to teeniebopping newbies and wreck them at any song they try.
dj-Luminus
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goodness people. DDR actually sorta can be a work out on basic/standard. The point is that it's fun and it's not sitting on the couch with a controller.
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FlagGirl wrote:
this insults me... i mean, the quote about "Britney-like skills" makes me want to throw whoever wrote that through a window, along with my dancepads for being compared to anything dealing with britney spears.... and what's up with being tech-savy? since when did owning playstation make a girl "tech-savy"?

damn people crack me up sometimes... when a bunch of people start liking something more and more people tend to see whats going on and try it.and when a "popular person/preppy person" plays the game everyone else says its cool and plays. so then magizines like seventeen make poopy like that...thus becoming a fad. but the people who played it before the said people are the people who made it a fad in the first place. if no one liked it i wouldn't become a fad. so are you willing to stop liking it because its a fad or becoming a fad? aorry thats to much fun to give up just because its a fad.

Quote:
mmm...yea...who was reading 17.....cmon, guilty party step forward to get flamed horribly

so thats what 17 year old girls think of ddr. great.

whats up with ddr and all this (imo) bad publicity. i got a kick out of the comic, and i loved teh will and grace appearance, but in 17 and on a soap opera...?

the only good thing about this possibly going mainstream is im gonna be a complete jerk to teeniebopping newbies and wreck them at any song they try.

i agree with everything you said except the last part. why are you gonna wreck on newbies dude. we were all there once and no one (at least in my time as a newbie) wrecked on us. why wreck on them just cause they are teenieboppers. a small laugh when the screw up will be enough. but just havingb them pick a song and reminding them how much they suck by owning it at a harder difficulty then being like you suck? they already know that. oh and JDogg props on reading seventeen so we didn't have to do it E4.gif laugh.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When was the last time you watched a new person bouncing around like they're on a trampoline playing basic? That IS a workout. It's mainly just the more experienced people that have to play maniac to get a good workout because they're better at conserving energy while playing.
cRazY FeeT
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know about you but i got really tired when playing light songs when i first started out..........now there a breeze
Shinmizu
Staff Member
Staff Member

15. PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cRazY FeeT wrote:
i dont know about you but i got really tired when playing light songs when i first started out..........now there a breeze

Same here. I played Beatmania before DDR came out, so when I first played I had the "don't hit the arrows that aren't there" mentality. I could handle up to Trip Machine Maniac with the RFO/return to center style... lost 40 lbs. playing that way. Now, I'm around 10 lbs. heavier than when I started (though, I only play every two to four weeks now).
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Desoulman
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so am I the only person who plays ddr and doesnt care what the hell anyone else thinks? As long as someone doesnt come up to me and act like a total jerk, booing me after every arrow, then I dont care what other people's opinions are of me (although I do enjoy a good applause if people are watching E1.gif ) So go ahead and laugh at me after I finish a song. I'm still going to keep on playing.
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FlagGirl wrote:

YEAH!!!! SCREW BRITNEY SPEARS!!!
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Azuz
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 12:55 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

erm.gif Somewhat disappointed in regards to seeing so many negative and satyric posts instead of encouraging ones of this genre... as noted.. that DDR is a just another game that everyone can enjoy - not as so inclusive as people that do a nine-footed difficulty level for hours on end. Clarification that it is not an solely underground phenomenon with inclusive culture. So be it that there are people that work out and that some dance games are loosely linked to Britney Spear's dance beat (Konami makes more money with the royalty rights anyways; and the company experiments with other genres and mass media that everyone can enjoy) All the better with publicity (it's entertaining and perks interest) unless you dont want the publicity (those who fear for their own negative personal outlook with several associations with the game(s)) which has the opposite reaction stopping production of similar games altogether?
PlatinumHawke
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-J2- wrote:
And who exactly was checkin' out the Seventeen horoscopes?...JDogg?
I like how guys that have playstation can be dorks, but girls that do are 'tech-savvy'.

Yes, because a PS2 is such a high-end piece of technical equipment nowadays..
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: