Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Konami Announces DDR MAX2 for the US
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spike
Administrator
Administrator

0. PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 1:23 pm    Post subject: Konami Announces DDR MAX2 for the US Reply with quote

Konami has announced their lineup of blockbuster games for 2003, including the newest version of Dance Dance Revolution for the United States! DDR MAX 2 has been announced for the Playstation 2. Expect a Fall 2003 release for the hottest new DDR game!
Administrator
Administrator

1. PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case some of you can't figure it out:

Click the link that says "KONAMI ANNOUNCES BLOCKBUSTER LINE-UP 2003" and a pop up window will appear. Scroll down a little bit and you'll see an explanation for Max 2.

Quote:

Get your dancing shoes on and pump up the volume! Konami's dancing revolution rolls on with the release of DDRMAX2™ for Sony PlayStation® 2. Now offering players a whole new library of unforgettable licensed and exclusive songs for the U.S., DDRMAX2 includes all-new high-energy play modes and an enhanced interface. Players will still have to stay on their toes as all of the standard game modes and the ever-challenging Workout Mode return!

Ever challenging Workout Mode? Meh. I just hope they have a ton of great new Onis. And it's a guarentee that we'll be getting new licensed songs thumb.gif All-new High-energy play modes? Works for me =D
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sigh* what about MAX2 for Japan? i'm an importer, and i've been waiting for some info about it- now i don't even know if i should get it...but seeing as how USMAX2 won't be out till FALL,damn,that's a long time,what to do? what to do? let's hope USMAX2 has some DDRextreme stuff in it...
Spike
Administrator
Administrator

3. PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=51176

Apparently Max2 JP comes out on April 24th.

And seeing as how Max US had some DDR Extreme stuff, it would make sense that Max2 would have more. But more importantly, it will have all new stuff that Japan won't have. Looks like they'll have to start importing from us more and more biggrin.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the info, Spike- April? yeesh,i was hoping for february...oh well...and let's hope the US MAX2 "exclusives" are a LITTLE challenging- Dark Black Forest COULD'VE been our version of So Deep, and Sandstorm SHOULD'VE been so much more- let's toss some US Exclusive Ten Footers in there!Maybe they can redeem themselves if they use another Darude song, "Feel the Beat",and maybe some more rock or radio pop? we shall se...
Remy
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish the release date wasn't this "Fall", since that means we're going to have at least 8 months of people complaining about faked song lists...

Oh well, should be interesting.

I'll re-assemble the Geek Crew. E1.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELLO. @_@

konami of america is all cool now xD
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Spike
Administrator
Administrator

7. PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's time to start talking with the Sneak Crew biggrin.gif

I'm sure that there will be many "100% real" songlists posted. I just like to remember which list was correct biggrin.gif

Ours.
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends what songs make it in there. And what licensed songs.

At least we won't get a bunch of old songs like the U.S. DDR Max gave us, I hope.

For licensed songs, there better be songs from 6th, 7th and maybe a couple of Extreme songs maybe. Maybe some exclusives, with well designed steps for once? In my opinion, the only exclusive song on DDR Max with very well designed steps on Heavy was Overblast.

No more club mix songs, unless Ska A Go Go or the original Gradustic Cyber make it. Almost everything on there isn't danceable to me.

How are they going to go over 50 songs if there's most likely going to be hardly any Extreme or licensed songs? I'll wait and see. Hopefully, theres hardly any complaning. There was more complaining over DDR Max than with Konamix. I really hope there's less disapointment for everyone.
View users profile Send private message
Mista C-Jay Stylez
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALRIGHT !!!!!! biggrin.gif DDR MAX 2 finally on the US ! Never thought that day would come ! When it comes out on PS2, I'm getting it for sure, but I hope they have some good songs though !
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Spike
Administrator
Administrator

10. PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superstar Player wrote:
Depends what songs make it in there. And what licensed songs.

Well, I hope that Konami/Enos is learning that we don't want older songs that we've been playing forever. If he wants a popular game that can sell a lot of copies both with new players and the more hardcore fans, get some damn nice exclusive licensed songs and put Max and above songs on there. I would actually say Max2 and Extreme only, but in a perfect world I would want Witch Doctor and Telephone Operator. Anyways, they put 5 licensed songs on Max US (I believe it was 5, mind not working at the moment) and that was to see if it would sell well. Now that it did, it seems obvious to put more exclusive licensed songs on there.

Quote:

At least we won't get a bunch of old songs like the U.S. DDR Max gave us, I hope.

I certainly hope not. We're running out of old songs to put on there, and if we want old songs that are on, say DDR USA 1 or Konamix, we can just buy those =/

Quote:

How are they going to go over 50 songs if there's most likely going to be hardly any Extreme or licensed songs?

I wouldn't say that. Like I said before, I would expect more exclusive licensed songs, and hopefully some nice Extreme songs as well.

Quote:
Hopefully, theres hardly any complaning. There was more complaining over DDR Max than with Konamix. I really hope there's less disapointment for everyone.

Well, the unfortunate thing about knowing about the game this early is the speculation will start immediately (we already have started it ourselves biggrin.gif ). Although speculation can be good, some people (read: a LOT of people) tend to forget that Konami is a business, and then expect no less then "The Perfect Mix." Of course, that "Perfect Mix" is perfect for them, and not for the possibility of increasing the fanbase and pleasing as many people as possible. A lot of people forget that Konami does have to make money off of this, so they can't make an entirely licensed song game, and they also can't make a game with so many songs that it would make people not want to buy another mix ever. In a business, you want to give the consumer what they want but leave them wanting more, so you can give that to them in the next version of your product, and then leave them wanting more, and so on and so forth. Although we do get disappointed, Max US still sold well, I still play it and love it, and I'm definately buying Max2.
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

11. PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is definatley some good news!

... wish we could hear something about an ARCADE release with some exclusive songs but oh well, dreaming I suppose E1.gif

Looking forward to more new U.S. licensed tracks... the 5 used in DDRMAX were excellent choices, here's hoping for more good picks like those. Hmmm maybe Steve Rhyner has a new single? riiight.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG!OMG!!!OMG!!!!! : shocked.gif

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are returning!?!?!?!?! YES!!!!!

blink.gif uuummm... anyways...riiight.gif

MAX2 is coming? HOOREY!!!!!!! E1.gif
MAX2 is coming at Fall 2003? BOO!!!!!!! biggrin.gif

oh well, i can wait, if i can survive going to college for 4 years, i can endure and wait for the game to come out in the fall 2003.

make you wonder now:
will it surpass the songlist of MAXUSA's 72+? (maybe, i wish it does)
what few Dancemania tracks will make into it the next US one?
what will some of the exclusives consist of? (non DM artists? unused Bemani songs? nothing "mainstream and corny" i hope)
will there be better steps for some of the songs? (better be!)

oh the possiblities....for now, let the rumors begin until KOA (Mr. Enos) or the Mods give us there legit stuff E4.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Superstar Player
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments Spike.

But I really hope Konami is willing to spend more money on licensed songs. They got licensed songs for their skateboarding game Evolution Skateboard, which I hear is a bad game. And that game most likely didn't sell anywhere as well as DDR Max did. So why not go for it? It almost seems like they spent more money on the first American ddr game for PS 1. I hope they show some effort this time. If I see any 2Unlimited songs (not the one's on 5th mix) or The Reflex or even Witch Doctor, I will praise Konami.
View users profile Send private message
Spike
Administrator
Administrator

14. PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muppy: Speed 8 wrote:

will it surpass the songlist of MAXUSA's 72+? (maybe, i wish it does)

It would certainly be nice, but I think they would try to keep it around this number. It's a fair amount, not too small that you wish there was more, and not too much where you don't have a desire to buy another mix, thus ending the DDR line =/

Quote:

will there be better steps for some of the songs? (better be!)

I would certainly hope so. Of course, with the steps from before, they didn't use the Maniac 2 steps, and in Konamix they didn't even give Maniac steps for some songs. Lame =/ I hope that Konami would have learned, but I don't know. Of course, if they don't have that many older, repeat songs then they won't need to worry about making new steps for them. If it was all Max and above and then exclusives, then we wouldn't have to worry about step remakes.

Quote:

But I really hope Konami is willing to spend more money on licensed songs.

I certainly hope so as well. Max was used as a "test" to see how we would respond to licensed songs. I believe the general consensus was "Yay, we want more." It would logically follow that if they want us to be happy, they would get more licensed songs. I hope that they pick some nice songs (not saying they didn't, I actually like 4 of the 5, for some reason Dark Black Forest doesn't do anything for me).
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one word "w00t!"
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
niko
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing to consider: Alot of the licenced songs from recent Japanese DDR mixes are actually from a company called SAIFAM, Inc.

Jenny Rom, Barbie Girl, and I'm sure there's lots more.. if you go to http://www.saifam.com and use their music search engine, you'll find a bunch of stuff.

So those licenced tracks in japan are actually NOT Toshiba/EMI's, they're SAIFAM's licenced by T/EMI licenced by Konami!

And if you poked around in Information mode or the manual of US MAX, you'd notice Venus - You Leave Me Alone and Golden Gate - Take it to the Morning Light are from .... SAIFAM!

IMO Konami US can licence alot of the same songs from Japanese releases by getting them directly from the source... Maybe cheaper!
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spike, can I have your babies? J/K.

Anyway... I am BUYING THIS. No if's ands or buts. I don't care how crappy it is. Any DDR game is good enough for me, except maybe the first 2 for PS1 (Japanese imports... american too E15.gif )
Fuery
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exotic Orion wrote:
*sigh* what about MAX2 for Japan? i'm an importer, and i've been waiting for some info about it- now i don't even know if i should get it...but seeing as how USMAX2 won't be out till FALL,damn,that's a long time,what to do? what to do? let's hope USMAX2 has some DDRextreme stuff in it...

i found this on another site.

Quote:
Konami announced they will release the latest edition of their dancing games DDRMAX2: Dance Dance Revolution 7th Mix for PlayStation 2 in Japan on April 24.

i'm not really sure if it's the actual date but o well. MAX2USA seems cool enough. hope they keep oni mode and add more challenging ones.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Caliber
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont understand on the MAXUSA box it says over an hour of audio or music.

but the Lunar game for the PS1 had like over an hour of CG animation with voice acting.

it seems like konami can put alot on one disc but doesnt want to

48 Catas passed (updated from 7/9/03)
Lesson Oni: 94.8%...Nearly130: 92.8%...Naoki Standard 89.6%
Club Trax 96.3!%...Soul 6.92.3%
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: