Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

extreme announcer
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
!Sakura! (FS2)
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 1:25 pm    Post subject: extreme announcer Reply with quote

is there n e place where i can get a stepmania "extreme" announcer?
View users profile Send private message
Andy the happy mod-man
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just download the Max2 announcer. They're the same guy. I think the only difference is one voice sample where he says "DDR Extreme". Everything else is identical to the Max2 announcer, I believe.
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: Crouching before a river of poison, staring at the blood on my hands, vowing to have revenge...
2. PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll need to get the title screen, music select, and nonstop music from dj Bad's Music Store Room, in order to make the Max2 announcer set into a true Extreme set. I can provide a link if you PM me; can't post it here... E2.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think there's a couple of comments that are new to extreme. i dont remember hearing the on where he goes "Yaaaaaahoooo" being on MAX2
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Cyan Garamonde (Nosaj)
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: Crouching before a river of poison, staring at the blood on my hands, vowing to have revenge...
4. PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddie. wrote:
i think there's a couple of comments that are new to extreme. i dont remember hearing the on where he goes "Yaaaaaahoooo" being on MAX2

I think it's Yeeeehaaaaw, but now that you mention it, I think you're right. Dunno where you can get that one.
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy=~猫~ wrote:
Just download the Max2 announcer. They're the same guy. I think the only difference is one voice sample where he says "DDR Extreme". Everything else is identical to the Max2 announcer, I believe.

Exactly, that was what I was gonna say. I play DDR EX all the time and I don't notice any difference between the EX and Max 2 announcer. They are the same I believe, but again I can be wrong. laugh.gif
NinJiTSu OLOL!O!1!1
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also, "feel the rhythm... of your boday" is new. and "are you watchin' the sequence?"
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel the rhythm is new, but "are you watching the sequence?" Is like 5th mix or so.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Frinky
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only difference I can think of is when you start playing, the announcer says "Dance Dance Revolution" instead of "DDR Max".
Crza
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: Sittin in my chair jackin-err playin DWI. Yeah that's it...
9. PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey DDR Freakaholic,
I just noticed how curiously similar our skill levels are in your signature...On singles, what 10 footers can you pass? I can only pass Max300 and Paranoia Survivor (soon Max). MaxX Unlimited gives me trouble.
Sorry about going off topic. If only there were a sound file with Dance Dance Revolution on it...wait, what about 5th mix and below?
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

10. PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all of the original SFX come straight from the arcade discs. because EX is encrypted so tightly (i've heard stories that the decryption is onboard the hardware) it's been nearly impossible to rip the sounds. while you CAN get the OST and take the sound effects from there, you won't have them all.

[quote:ed1f6848c5=\\\"jaeness\\\"]get your change from obama, he apparently has tons of it.[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
SPUI
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sherl0k wrote:
all of the original SFX come straight from the arcade discs. because EX is encrypted so tightly (i've heard stories that the decryption is onboard the hardware) it's been nearly impossible to rip the sounds. while you CAN get the OST and take the sound effects from there, you won't have them all.

Huh? Music was ripped from the game discs within a few weeks of it coming out, as well as banners and backgrounds, way before the OST was released. KV2 is the only one I've heard of with nasty encryption.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Saiyajin
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, there are many different things the Extreme Announcer says.

1) New hundred multiple combo's for 600-1000 combo's.
2) As mentioned above "Yeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaa"
3) "Feel the Rhythm"
4) "Can you hear the cheering?"
5) "Super Performance!"
6) "Nice!" (I don't think they had this one prior to... could be wrong though)

I'm sure there are more... I hope someone does rip the Extreme announcer files and upload them soon... in fact, I'm going to go search for them now. I'll report back when I find them.

Anyway, my favorite is the DDRMAX announcer... the stuff added to Max2 hurts my ears. X_x I don't know, something about the DDRMAX announcer just has more pinasche to me... the newer ideas sound off to me. Just my opinion though.
sherl0k
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

13. PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Do V] SPUI wrote:
Huh? Music was ripped from the game discs within a few weeks of it coming out, as well as banners and backgrounds, way before the OST was released. KV2 is the only one I've heard of with nasty encryption.

music always came from the OST. the background images i believe were the only things that have been able to be ripped from the discs,

[quote:ed1f6848c5=\\\"jaeness\\\"]get your change from obama, he apparently has tons of it.[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Trance Of Sorrow
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT-R Sephiroth wrote:
Hey DDR Freakaholic,
I just noticed how curiously similar our skill levels are in your signature...On singles, what 10 footers can you pass? I can only pass Max300 and Paranoia Survivor (soon Max). MaxX Unlimited gives me trouble.

To answer your question, I can't pass any yet but I am getting close to halfway on the Maxes. Haven't really bothered with the PS or PSM. Sakura is a easy 10, but I can't get to the slowdown. And out of the Maxes IMO, MU is harder than LOM. 300 is a cakewalk compared to MU or LOM.
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

15. PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use for something off topic next time.

Back to the Announcer which I noticed there hasn't been a single link to help out anyone.
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phrekwenci wrote:
Use for something off topic next time.

Back to the Announcer which I noticed there hasn't been a single link to help out anyone.

Well, I'd have posted it, except I figured I'd get warned for 'posting links to mp3's', since that is specifically what we're talking about here.

Can I post a link to the site or to the specific announcer mp3's?

For the Max2 announcer: http://www.stepmania.com/stepmania/download.php?file=Announcers_MAX2.smzip
Administrator
Administrator

17. PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We call them "announcer packs", not mp3s.
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*shrug* Okie then...

www dot m-g-z dot com slash djbad slash

E13.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have the extreme announcer files that say

"dance dance revolution", "lets ddr" and "nice".
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: