Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The Official Introductions Thread! Introduce yourself here!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 133, 134, 135  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
username1234.123
Trick Member
Trick Member

60. PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that deserves a ban. frust.gif

hi, im trent, im from indiana, and i've been playing for like a year, and my favorite song is MAX300. biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message
Ceredigm
Trick Member
Trick Member

61. PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm Andy from Raleigh, North Carolina. I've been playing for about a year and a half now, and I've been posting here for almost a year now. I am ok at DDR, but nothing special. I only play DDR once in a while nowadays, but I often play IIDX, and am looking into Pop'n Music.
Trick Member
Trick Member

62. PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I'm Kurow and I live in Atlanta, Georgia (Well, right outside of it really..). I've been playing DDR since August 2001, but I first got a taste of bemani in January 2000 (I'm pretty sure it was around that time) when a friend of mine brought a copy of beatmania and 3rd mix for me to play.

I'm not very good at beatmania because I rarely can play. My DDR skills are alright. I can pass the 10-footers (save bag and LoM), and can AAA a few things, but I'm terrible at PA's, and have only been able to pass 1 Oni Course (would be more if not for fucking Memories. disgust.gif ). I hope to get better if I can ever find the time to practice.

Well, to everyone reading this, it's nice to meet you, and I look forward to getting to know you! happy.gif
hysteria_girl
Basic Member
Basic Member

63. PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey All,
I am new to the forums! I am a DDR player from the West coast. I have been playing DDR for one year. The only mix I own at home is DDRMAX. I have however played Konamix. Those are the only two mixes that I have played recently. When I first started playing at Nickle Nickle Arcade I played 3rd mix and solo. I currently resign in California and I am a female. When it comes to scores I have managed to get a few "C"s on some of the songs in Konamix one of them being "Drop the Bomb". However I still need loads of practice on DDRMAX before I can ever get a good score. Well, it's nice to be here with a whole lot of other DDR fans that I can get a long with. I look forward to chatting with you via AIM or just on the forums.

"Kamui Owns you!"
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Fresh!
Trick Member
Trick Member

64. PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, the names' Jesse and I live near the bottom of the Southern Hemisphere - otherwise known as New Zealand. riiight.gif

Two years ago I had my first taste of DDR when my friend from art school dragged me up to play. Although I enjoyed it, back then I wasn't really motivated to get better.

*fast forward to a year later*

I was getting bored with Tekken 4 so I decided to play DDR as a lunchtime filler. I was watching the good players in my area play double and thought, "Hmm cool, I wanna try that someday!"

That's how my addiction to DDR got started. I would sacrifice my lunch breaks just to get better (hahaha) seeing that school was only upstairs from the arcade.

My favourite songs are: Spin The Disc, V, 5.1.1, Irresistiblement, HVAM, and CSFIL (Speed Mix).

Nice to meet you! biggrin.gif
CaptainOverkill
Basic Member
Basic Member

65. PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Kurow Kirishima"]Hello, I'm Kurow and I live in Atlanta, Georgia (Well, right outside of it really..). quote]
Anywhere near Gainseville? My dad lives there and I'd like to know if there's an arcade there when we go visit E4.gif
"Why are you wearing a tiny derby hat?"
"Tiny derby hats are everything and they are nothing"~Hound'sHome
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Yahoo Messenger
Aaron_Kwok
Trick Member
Trick Member

66. PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hysteria_girl wrote:
Hey All,
I am new to the forums! I am a DDR player from the West coast. I have been playing DDR for one year. The only mix I own at home is DDRMAX. I have however played Konamix. Those are the only two mixes that I have played recently. When I first started playing at Nickle Nickle Arcade I played 3rd mix and solo. I currently resign in California and I am a female. When it comes to scores I have managed to get a few "C"s on some of the songs in Konamix one of them being "Drop the Bomb". However I still need loads of practice on DDRMAX before I can ever get a good score. Well, it's nice to be here with a whole lot of other DDR fans that I can get a long with. I look forward to chatting with you via AIM or just on the forums.

Welcome to the forums! I've been playing for about 6 months, and I'm just a bit better than you are (can AA pretty much everything under 7 feet, can A most 8 footers, can pass a few catas, no 10 footers yet, but getting close) Just keep trying, and you will get better. I, also, have only DDRMAX at my house, but I really don't want Konamix (since I can get at least an A on every song on Heavy) Well, enough of my ramblings, time to get back to work on my DWI.
Trick Member
Trick Member

67. PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, while I'm at it, I might as well post a little bit about my DDR history. Hello everyone, the name's Josh, and I've been playing DDR for about 6 months now. I just recently started playing at the arcades, it's been about 1 1/2 months since I began going. I'm nothing great, I can pass a few catas and AA some songs, but I still can't pass any 10 footers. My favorite song as of now is Sakura, but that will probably change in a few weeks. I have no fancy ending sentence or anything, so let's just leave it at that. Feel free to talk to me on AIM if you want to. OK, back to work on my DWI. (I mean it this time E4.gif )
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: In Southern California, where the romance guides me through my heart and soul
68. PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 12:59 pm    Post subject: Hmmmmmmmm Reply with quote

Hmmmmmmmm I suppose I'll introduce myself as well.

My names Kevyn a.k.a. Violet and I live in CA but I was born in Hawa'ii Kai, Hawa'ii.

My hobbies are

-Sk8boarding (5 years)
-Surfing (Since way back)
-Breakdancing (Since August of last year)
-DDR (Since 2 years ago)
-Tekken 4 (My best arcade game started last year entering tournies like mad. Took home two 2nd Place finishes.) Biggest Accomplishments :

[WINS:30] - Violet
[WINS:28] - Violet
[WINS:25] - Kazuya
[WINS:16] - Jin

(Top 3 records on the machine and my personal bests x-cluding the 28 wins.)
-Writing Poetry (4 books published)

I also have a beautiful girlfriend named Jessica we've been going out for a while now!
FAQ #1
How did I get the nick name Violet?

Yes I am a guy but Violet is my favorite tekken 4 character. My friends say I look like him a lot because of the hair. Hair's a bit shorter now. And my girlfriends gave it to me because of my romantic and poetic personality.

They say

"if there was a guy with that nick name I would be heaven sent for it."

I say

"I suppose so man..."

Latah DAyz

Kevyn
Trick Member
Trick Member

69. PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone! This is my first post, so I figured I'd introduce myself.

Hi, guys and gals! My name is Gary. I'm 15 years old, and I just got started on the DDR scene a little over a week ago. I've only done 2 major DDR sessions thusfar, but I'm still just a newbie. I need much practice still before I can even think about passing Paranoia with at least a D. My place of residence is Kissimmee, Florida. I hope that I can get to know you guys better. happy.gif

So, there you have it. Welcome to all of the other newcomers as well.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Trance Of Sorrow
Trick Member
Trick Member

70. PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Hmmmmmmmm Reply with quote

Vi0Let wrote:

And my girlfriends gave it to me because of my romantic and poetic personality.

They say

I say

"I suppose so man..."

Latah DAyz

Kevyn

Hmm...well I'm not jealous cause I don't want to be anywhere in your shoes after all you claim to be Christian, try to please and impress girls even though you got a girl, and to have a nickname Violet makes me laugh.
Romantic Boy
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: In Southern California, where the romance guides me through my heart and soul
71. PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 10:08 pm    Post subject: hmmmmmmmmm Reply with quote

oh great here we go again.

every guy has girlfriends 99% of my friends are girls foolio and every girl has guy friends. *shrug* what's the big deal?! If you dont know what you're talking about dont say anything at all! Geez...and again what does Christianity have anything to do with having girlfriends? I have a mate (one and only) dating only one girl. Well I guess I'm going to hell because I have female friends! OH NO!

You're getting me awfully upset. So if you dont know what you are talking about dont say anything at all! Pronto!

Incase you did NOT see this line.

Violet wrote:
I also have a beautiful girlfriend named Jessica we've been going out for a while now!

that's one......
Trick Member
Trick Member

72. PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo, the names tino, i've been playing ddr scince it came out and i'm A'ing the Max's. I live in la habra California, a high school graduate, i am 18 years old, i am single as of yesterday, -_- , i work @ WNN, (whittier Nickel Nickel) and i'm going to FJC this summer and fall, i'm pretty easy to get along with, and i am willing to make new friends, i'm also a ladies man, don't know why, but they come to me. anyways thats me, pm me if you wanna make a new friend.

~Snype
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Trance Of Sorrow
Trick Member
Trick Member

73. PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You seem to have something against me and I don't know if it will ever get resolved, but I wouldn't be sayin such things if you didn't start this. Everything would be cool if you didn't start bashin on me a while ago. Umm...treat others like how you like to be treated. That's all I hafta say, and again personally I don't want to meet you.
Kel_Ichijouji
Trick Member
Trick Member

74. PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 5:39 am    Post subject: Re: Hmmmmmmmm Reply with quote

DDR_Freakaholic wrote:
Vi0Let wrote:

And my girlfriends gave it to me because of my romantic and poetic personality.

They say

I say

"I suppose so man..."

Latah DAyz

Kevyn

Hmm...well I'm not jealous cause I don't want to be anywhere in your shoes after all you claim to be Christian, try to please and impress girls even though you got a girl, and to have a nickname Violet makes me laugh.

Well, I think it's the cutest thing ever! Of course, I just call my boyfriend my Teddy Bear, because he's so huggable... and all my friends always wanna go out with him, but I don't think I could ever give him up... even if I AM a flirt-a-holic, he knows I wouldn't seriously flirt, just play flirt. E7.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
L1nK
Trick Member
Trick Member

75. PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 5:46 am    Post subject: Aarrgg!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

EVERYBODY HAS SOMEBODY BUT ME! WHEN WILL IT STOP!? AAAAAAAAAAARRRRG!!!!!!!!!!!
Trick Member
Trick Member

76. PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 9:00 am    Post subject: Alright... Reply with quote

Alright, in an attempt to get back on subject...(irony ahead)

I've been playing DDR for what seems about two months. Already I can do 9 footers but I'm trying to get an Extreme machine near here so I can play bag, it sounds like a ton of fun.

[irony]

My girlfriend got me into DDR.

[/irony]

Anyway, after two months, I try to get down to the arcade every other day now. I'm impressed with all those people that can AAA Max 300 on Heavy, Reverse, Hidden, and at 6x speed. You guys 0wn.

Other hobbies include reading, movies, and liberal arts.
I like sleep, as well.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Tsinay Butterfly of AIM Ü
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: A land full of Bulbasaurs, cute seals, and Tare Pandas! ^_^;;
77. PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hola y'all! E4.gif

Here's the dealio w/ me ... riiight.gif

Name: Jocelyn Ann Sazon Uy
DDR/Online Persona: Tsinay Butterfly
Been playing DDR since: July 28, 2000
Where Did You First Play: Camelot Golfland in Anaheim, CA
What Mix Was It: DDR 1.5 Mix
Technical or Freestyle/Performance: Freestyler all the way!
Hardest Song Passed: Sakura Heavy Single
Tournament Credentials: 4th place in Basic Scoring @ the Cal Poly Pomona DDR Scoring Tourney (April 2001), top 20 freestyle @ Matsuri AI 2k1 (October 2001), 3rd place freestyle @ Powerstation LBC DDR Tourney (June 2002), 4th place freestyle & 4th place PA @ Powerstation LBC DDR Tourney - Take 2 (August 2002), qualified top 16 freestyle @ Cyber-Beat-Nation (February 2003), 3rd place freestyle (automatic finals qualification) @ Xtreme Tour Stop #1 - South Gate (March 2003), 1st place freestyle (automatic finals qualification) @ Xtreme Tour Stop #2 - Orange (April 2003), 6th place freestyle @ Xtreme Tour Stop #4 - Long Beach.

Been playing for almost 3 years, and still going strong. I work @ an arcade, so it's really easy for me to play every weekend.

Keep on dancing y'all and BUST YOUR PROVERBIAL GROOVE!

L8z! E13.gif

~ Tsinay Butterfly flash.gif
DDR is a GAME, not a LIFESTYLE! E13.gif
My LiveJournal | My Xanga Thingy | AIM: Always In Motion | MY World.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
L1nK
Trick Member
Trick Member

78. PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:35 pm    Post subject: Proverbial? Reply with quote

How does the phrase "Your proverbial groove" make any sense? Considering proverbialmeans "pertaining to a proverb." Yeah, I'm sure I'm the only one stupid enough to look that up and comment about it. Being single too long does that to minds. I know it does. drool.gif
[/quote]
Trick Member
Trick Member

79. PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone, I'll introduce myself

The name is Edgar Nuñez. I reside in South Central Los Angeles Cali. Im 19 years of age and am a busy person. Go to school at SMC and hope to transfer to USC or a Cal State school. Majoring in business. Usually working when I have a job though. I plan to enlist myself into the MARINES (URAH!!) by next year. That explains my signature. I usually kick it with friends and with my best friend in the whole world, Jazmin. love.gif. The beach is my favorite spot. Theres more about me but I dont want to bore yall riiight.gif heres just some interesting facts about me and DDR.

NICKNAME:
(Gunnery) Sgt. LTR or Rythm&Police
WHY THE NICKNAME:Because R&P was the first cata I AA, and LTR because it was the first FS song i ever attepted.
HOW LONG PLAYING DDR: since February of 2002
BIGGEST PA ACCOMPLISHMENTS:B on Max 300 and Unlimited. about 12 cata's I AA'd.
ALSO: Im an amateur freestyler
ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS A FS:Second place at Extreme Tour Stop 1 with Long Train Running, and 4th on Extreme Tour Stop 4 with 5.1.1. About the only songs I fs so far.

Thats it and Im out E7.gif
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 133, 134, 135  Next
Page 4 of 135

Jump to: