Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The Official Introductions Thread! Introduce yourself here!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 133, 134, 135  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
321 Estrella's
Trick Member
Trick Member

40. PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*stands up* My name is Chris, and I am a DDRholic.

i played since spring 2000, which is a damn long time so you can expect me to have good scores to say in the NNI...which i never did, planned to or can now anyway. gee what else. i'm 18 and i live in BC, Canada (go canada!) and i'm graduating this year. w00t. i'm gonna play ddr all summer. yeah it's only game, but i do get mad when i fail or get lots o greats tongue.gif

my motivation to keep playing and doing better is strictly because of competition. i play for fun too, but doing well and seeing a good score is the fun i find in it.

proud accomplishments over the years = my AAA's (11 on heavy only), AA'ing max300 for the first (and still the only) time, and passing PSMO. the last two i'm still the only one in my area to do it E4.gif (and there are a LOT of good players in my area, just that some can PA really well but suck at fast songs)
Trick Member
Trick Member

41. PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

I'm Ravyn, friends call me Nat. Or Nate. Or neither. I'm from Weatherford, TX - close to Fort Worth. Anyway, if you go back to the very first time I played, I've been playing since February 2002. However, until February 2003, it was only off and on and very irregularly. In my off and on playing I'd pushed myself up to 5's, and since I've been playing almost every week, I've crossed the threshold into only play Heavy. I'm not even close to being good, but I'm getting there. My signature songs are Kind Lady, Abyss, and Sana Morette Ne Ente. I'm always up for talking to new people, so feel free to give me an IM sometime.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
The GuY
Basic Member
Basic Member

42. PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops...didn't know to come here first...sorry i'm new i'm just going to paste my accidently wrong placed intro here:
Hello...i'm new. It was just 3 weeks ago that i was at my local EB games when i happen to stumble across the Beautiful thing that is ddr. [biggrin.gif] But two weeks ago i was in san antonio and i went to sea world and in the arcade by the great white was dance dance revolution 4th mix plus. that game is so awesome! welll i have konamix for playstation and i mean i am hooked. i'm a begginer and i was reading around the site and i mean everyone is getting A's on maniac and stuff and i'm over here with only three A'a on basic...but i have a question...are the ratings you guys getting easier to obtain? because in konamix there is only four ratings...ABCD that's it to get and a you can't miss one beat and i have heard of people getting double A's on mainac so... is it harder on konamix? anyways only been going at ddr for three weeks and i have all 52 songs on konamix and have mostly B's and a couple of C's and three A's as mentioned earlier. i have completed every song. (on basic of course...i am a beginner) anyways like i said i'm hooked and found this awesome site and joined yesterday. This is my first post and would like to say hi and ask if my stats talked about above are good...thanks
View users profile Send private message
D2RTeen17
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: A little town known as none of your god damn business.
43. PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I am Alex. I am live in Lubbock, Texas and I am the Biggest DDR player here in Lubbock that can pass cata's. I am 250 pounds and am pretty good at DDR. I started DDR when I found out my local arcade had sold their Dance Freaks/Maniax Machine. One of my friends told me that there was another game down the street that had music you dance to so one day I went and got hooked on DDR. That was about 1year 3 months and 12 days ago. Well I don't mind being big and playing DDR. Sometimes when a skinny person is playing DDR and they do an easy song and people are like "Man he is Good and Fast", I like to go up and show that crowd that DDR is not for skinny people anymore. When I first started, some of my friends tryed to stop me from playing because they said it was gay and that i was NEVER going to get good. Well I got rid of them and stayed with the friends that liked that I could dance and they started to join me. One last thing I would like to say is that If you are ever in Lubbock, Texas and you see a fat guy danceing, dont hesatate to say hi. By the way, I am only 15.
Dreaming Xenon
Trick Member
Trick Member

44. PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I am Xenonized. I live in Las Vegas, NV and I have been posting here since late 2002.
I started playing DDR about 2 years ago, however I really wasn't that interested in it. Sometimes i would play my home version (DDR USA) that I got for my B-day for only one time a week. Pretty soon I stopped playing for almost a whole year. I didn't step foot on a DDR stage until my next B-day when I got Konamix. I liked the new mix a lot, and then I decided to dedicate myself to becoming a pretty damn good player.
Nowadays, I feel that I would have been a lot better DDR Wise if I played constantly those past 2 years. I can pass every songs with the exception of like 3 or 4 10 footers. I am starting to AA stuff also. I play on average 4 times or so at home a week and once, sometimes twice at an arcade every week.
EDIT: Oh, and btw, as you might tell from my name, Xenon is my favorite song! E1.gif

Last edited by Dreaming Xenon on Mon Jun 23, 2003 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total
cm555
Basic Member
Basic Member

45. PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I am called cm555 (although I am known by many names). I was once very proficient in DDR, but then I lost spare time and as practice declined, so did my skills. As it is summer, I seek to improve once again and reclaim the ability that I have lost.

Either way, I am new here and don't approve of profanity being used in my household.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Mogki
Basic Member
Basic Member

46. PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I'm new. Posted a few times already before I saw this thread. I live in northern VT, probably moving to Portland ME soon. I'm 18, played DDR for the first time a week ago when I went to The Great Escape, and got addicted. Since the only DDR machine is close to an hour away from me I ordered DDRMAX and a dance pad to tide me over between arcade visits, which will be rare.

Since I might be in Portland soon, I checked the location list, and there are machines in South Portland and Old Orchard Beach, which is nice. E4.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LoopyChew
Trick Member
Trick Member

47. PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WARNING: Long post ahead.

Hi. My name is Lawrence, and I too am a DDRaholic. Although I've been in and out of these forums since last year, I don't think I ever introduced myself.

I first played DDR in late August 2000 on a trip to California, as all my buddies on an IRC channel I frequent had been telling me all about it. Returning to my current home of Switzerland (transplanted from around Chatham, New Jersey), I ended up sitting around and moping with nothing but a copy of Diet Diet Revolution '99 and a couple of semi-off-sync MSD files to keep my addiction fueled. In early 2001, God decided that I could be happy for a day and brought a Dancing Stage Euromix machine to the local arcade, and I've been playing ever since.

Oddly enough, DDR has seemed to be a prelude to numerous disasters in my life, both personal and worldwide. The first time I played was followed by a disastrous car accident which left my mother in critical condition, and it's only a very, very great amount of luck that she's currently hovering over my shoulder and yelling at me to get a job. When I discovered DDR machines available in Ohio (where I used to go to college), I found the machine (US 1st) and played to my heart's content on September 9, 2001. However, there have been just as many blessings brought about because of my fascination with DDR; I made numerous good, close friends at that college in Ohio after they held a home-mix tournament, and have made more here in Switzerland because of it. We recently got a EuroMix 2 machine to replace our EuroMix; while I'll miss Stomp to my Beat and always wonder if I'd ever pass Captain Jack Maniac, I think it's more than made up with a few games involving Tsugaru.

Currently, I'm about three or four weeks away from graduating from Webster University of Geneva (home campus in St. Louis, MO) with a CompSci degree w/emphasis in InfoMgmt, meaning I'm pointy-haired boss material. I still live with my parents, hence the reason my mom's hovering over my shoulder, yelling at me to get a job. I'm also big into anime/manga, having once done fanscans of Rurouni Kenshin (before it was acquired for US distribution, woo!) and a couple of AMVs. My primary public hangout is actually at Anime on DVD, and I am a Maizie fanboy 'cuz she hangs out here and there, and she's cute. ^_^

My personal signature songs are Spin The Disc (YOUR DISCO NEEDS YOU!) and Tsugaru (Japanese Jig'!) on EM2, and Stomp to my Beat on EM1. As mentioned previously, I appear to be the best all-around player in the Geneva area (I know people with better timing but need to improve their technique a bit before they surpass me); if you're ever around, drop me a line. I always welcome a good pair of feet to play against.

Uh, yeah, I think that's about it. *exhales*
Trick Member
Trick Member

48. PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 11:59 am    Post subject: Uh, Hi everybody Reply with quote

Hi. I'm Link. I just found out how to join DDR Freak a couple days ago. I've been doing DDR for about a year now and have gotten pretty good. Unfortunantly, the closest arcade is an hour drive from me. E2.gif Oh well, that's what home systems are for! E1.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
L1nK
Trick Member
Trick Member

49. PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 12:04 pm    Post subject: Pictures and junk Reply with quote

Hi, me again. Can anyone tell me how to put the pictures under my name? Thanks.
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
dreamdancer
Trick Member
Trick Member

50. PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, my own intro:

I am DT from fine fine Australia where we have some very good DDR players it seems, just check out the downunder forum. Anyway, we do have some excellent DDR players in my city, but I'm NOT one of them.

I have been playing DDR at the arcade for about 3-4 months now off and on. I am up to heavy on most songs and just recently started playing double up to about 7 footers there.

So, when I thought that I was a pretty good player - I was so proud of passing Healing Vision (Angelic Mix) Dynamite Rave (all mixes) and Afronova (again all mixes) and some other reasonably hard songs. And then this guy who I know is one of better players versus me and picks Orion, Twilight Zone and So Deep.... then I realized I still suck at DDR
riiight.gif ahh well, getting there I suppose.
Double steps are a bltch (@#$! auto censorship) biggrin.gif , gallops/skips whatever they're called still mess me up. I use speed modifiers, and I don't care what anyone says about them - in fact I usually play on solo and on screwy pads I turn freeze off.

So there's my intro in a nutshell.

Last edited by dreamdancer on Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:10 am, edited 2 times in total
View users profile Send private message Send email
DJ_QUACKQUACK
Trick Member
Trick Member

51. PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, my name is CZARcasm, and I'm not much of a DDRaholic per-say, but i've been postin for a good while, I'm also a very frequent arcade goer...
Wastrel
Trick Member
Trick Member

52. PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, my name is Wastrel, and I have a newbie problem.

No, seriously, I was led here by the werewolf game.

15 points to guess what my name means.

-Wastrel
nforcer06164
Trick Member
Trick Member

53. PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone. My name's Joe, and I've been playing DDR for some time longer than I've been a member here, which is a pretty good amount of time *points to joined date*. I'm in the Midwest area, and I can do 8s and 9s for the most part. I try to keep up with the forums here, so you may catch up with me from time to time. Chances are, you'll probably see me once or twice riiight.gif
Basic Member
Basic Member

54. PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 3:15 pm    Post subject: intro Reply with quote

Hello, i have no name... well actually i do. its Martin. But you can call me wraith. ive been playing ddr since: december 4 2001. im 13 right now, dec 4 is also my b-day. I am from San Diego California. I have mnay friends. my dad is Filipino and my mom is White. im a little overwieght.i guess. my hhobbies other than DDR are Bodyboarding, other games, chatting, going places, and annoying my friends.
I worked my way up to the point where i could pass some 9 footers, but then i got winded after 1 song so i started freestyling, thats what i mostly do now. My favorite/local arcade is BOOMERS. I like girls.

FIN
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
FirebirdGM
Trick Member
Trick Member

55. PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay!

I'm Chris, otherwise known as Firebird, FB, and Fox Fucker riiight.gif. I live in Cowtown, Alberta, Canada, am a Webmaster and PHP 'Programmer', Like to race fast cars laugh.gif and like techno/trance music.

I like foxes too riiight.gif

</Post>
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
paranoia101
Basic Member
Basic Member

56. PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, my name is PARANOiA101 (real name Alex). I live in Henderson, Nevada and have been on the DDRFreak forums for a few days. When I first played DDR six months ago, I could only beat 1 and 2 difficulty songs with Bs or Cs. Then I started practicing hours per day, and I now have over 150 AAs on Light, Standard, and Heavy mode. E1.gif

My favorite songs are PARANOiA KCET (clean mix), Trip Machine, INSERTiON, AM-3P, Tsugaru, and Look To The Sky. I absolutely hate Jam Jam Reggae and Stomp To My Beat.
CaptainOverkill
Basic Member
Basic Member

57. PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 5:18 pm    Post subject: That introduction thing. Reply with quote

Finally got my lazy self a user name on this site, wee. My name is Anne, from Ohio, currently in London. There is a sad lack of good DDR places around here, not that it matters, since I had to quit playing two months ago, just too darn pregnant. riiight.gif Here's hoping I won't have lost too much of what I know by the time I'm able to get back to the game. I think I'm allright at it, I suppose if I obsessed a bit more I could be really good. But I leave that up to the husband. He's been playing half as long as me and he's 3 times the DDR player I am. Oy.
I'm not really a technical player, and I don't really go mad with the freestyle either. I just play because I love the game. Boring, maybe. nerd.gif But ah well.
"Why are you wearing a tiny derby hat?"
"Tiny derby hats are everything and they are nothing"~Hound'sHome
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Yahoo Messenger
GuyMonkey
Trick Member
Trick Member

58. PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! Late introductions! Anyways, my name's Steven. You can call me....err...Steven. I've been playing for a little over a year and a half. Well, my first DDR experience was almost 3 years ago, but I did really bad and was afraid of DDR machines for like....ever. Ya, so I got back into DDR, and now I can almost beat every song on Heavy. GO ME! Umm, I like skateboarding. And I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Yeah.

EDIT!!

Gah, I almost forgot.
Latest Achievement: Getting to the Left+Right freeze in Max300 and a little farther.
Next Achievement: Actually PASSING the song.
w00t poops on you
Basic Member
Basic Member

59. PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Edited by JA]
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 133, 134, 135  Next
Page 3 of 135

Jump to: