Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The Official Introductions Thread! Introduce yourself here!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 131, 132, 133, 134, 135  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeremiecbj
Basic Member
Basic Member

2620. PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone, I am from Calgary's area in Canada. I didn't pay much attention to DDR before until my friend convinced me to try "In The Groove 2" at the arcades.

I then tried DDR and since then I enjoy playing it at the arcades not for showing off but because the experience is priceless everytime. E1.gif
View users profile Send private message
csdthegreat
Trick Member
Trick Member

2621. PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@recoil56: I wasn't really trying to flame you. I really just wanted to link to the best information while being sarcastic. Others will seriously flame you, though, so be very careful... they can't see you if you don't move...

I scripted modded courses. I was so awesome.

Feel the BEATS - Free online music game?! :O
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
recoil56
Trick Member
Trick Member

2622. PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

csd changed his name! wrote:
@recoil56: I wasn't really trying to flame you. I really just wanted to link to the best information while being sarcastic. Others will seriously flame you, though, so be very careful... they can't see you if you don't move...

ya. Sadly my thinking was too little, too late. It seems like DDR ppl are rly good a being sarcastic. I MUST RAISE TO THE OCCASION!

peace out
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
yukihime
Trick Member
Trick Member

2623. PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peeking in, saying Hi! I've just joined the forum (Thank you Ryan and Admin!)

I'm very new to DDR - as in only been playing for about a week? I'm also one of the older generation people (53). I love DDR and I've been lurking while awaiting registration and you all seem like a great group of people!

So, I may have questions, hope I don't bug you too much. riiight.gif
January.
Trick Member
Trick Member

2624. PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, you're 53 and playing DDR?
...nice job! thumb.gif
yukihime
Trick Member
Trick Member

2625. PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laugh.gif I'm super bad at it right now ... I was all happy I got my first AA yesterday. Of course, on beginner, I can't handle basic yet, but I plan to get there. May not get further than that, but it's enough for me.

Used to teach aerobics, so one of the things with DDR for me is keeping the steps small - I'm used to BIG steps. And I was a professional belly dancer up until I became disabled. DDR is a great outlet, so much fun and I'm getting exercise!

Posted in the which pad section ... I'm kinda at a loss with everything I've read here.

Thanks for the welcome! E4.gif
stuffmonger
Trick Member
Trick Member

2626. PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

W00T W00T just got basic member status today! I'm new here, but am not new to arcades and the likes. I collect arcade machines. Most of which, are Japanese sitdown cabs. I have 9 of them in my apartment, and a bunch in storage. I just finished my first ddr pad, but still need to put some finishing touches on it (graphics and border). I still suck at ddr, but I am getting better. I am at the point where I can play songs at the difficult setting, and get a wide variety of scores, but mostly "C"s and "D"s.
jazzy
Basic Member
Basic Member

2627. PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohh, im never good at introductions >.>

my names justina, im 17, in new york, and ive been playing ddr and itg for almost 3 years now? collectively. i started back when i was in the 10th grade and played mostly ddr extream home version with a friend. wed go back and forth from that and itg at funzone, until i started getting pretty good at heavy songs and getting decent scores on 8 and 9 footers. i ended up playing mostly at sunrise on break while i was working in the mall, and when it closed down for the second time there wasnt really anywhere left to play that was convenient to get to. and around then the friend i usually played with had stopped, and i never botherd to borrow the game or get it myself because i dont have the room atm.
so,
i havent really been playing on foot in months,
and now i suck.
biggrin.gif

i play sm though
and i love video games in general, whether i suck at them or not.

and i defiantly can not play useing the bar.
its like a condition from learning on home versions x.x

so yeah c:

/life story
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
The Legend of LOUIE
Basic Member
Basic Member

2628. PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll make it quick.
my name's louie, if you haven't already figured. E10.gif
i'm seventeen, and i live in georgia, although i'm from california.
i've been obsessed with DDR since 1998/1999 when i saw these two dudes in business suits playing 'Butterfly' on Maniac at some Rocky And Bullwinkle-themed minipark.and it took me until 2003 to learn how to play the right way, and to learn how to play Heavy.
(so yeah, i've been playing for nearly half of my life.)
since then i've had countless AA's on everything ranging from 7 to 10 footers, but nothing too amazing, no AAAs except on StepMania.

i just got back into it after about a six month hiatus, which caused my account here on DDRFreak to be deleted, apparently.
my favorite song changes often, but the first song i've ever passed on light legitimately was "ever snow".
i'm working on passing PSMO, i've come so close in the past, but i just can't seem to do it the way others do.
also, at the end of this hiatus, i've been able to test out SuperNOVA, and i'm really disappointed by the songs and the new abuse of "stop the step chart along with the beat" thing. but, i still love the game, and just about everyone playing it. biggrin.gif
DDRichard
Trick Member
Trick Member

2629. PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm Richard
I just got an account yesterday
I live in Boston MA
I play 8, 9 and a few 10 footers
BAGGER VANCE
Trick Member
Trick Member

2630. PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDRichard wrote:
I'm Richard
I just got an account yesterday
I live in Boston MA
I play 8, 9 and a few 10 footers

change your name to DDR DICK, please.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
~XTREME~
Trick Member
Trick Member

2631. PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, im new to the board. Here's a quick summary about me.
Im 16, ive been playing ddr since 2005 when got my my first ddr game ultramix 3, SuperNova 2 is my favorite so far. Favorite song is Outer Limits Akira Ishihara Remix and my Favorite boss songs are Pluto and Pluto ~Relinquesh~. I look foward to havin fun here E1.gif
iemaxx
Basic Member
Basic Member

2632. PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im new to the boards.

Hey im iemaxx, i play both itg2 and ddr i have been for 6 years now and i think its really fun. I am i very cool and nice person, some what funny. I read manga books,play video games, and get excersice. Im ok at ddr i manily play on the ps2 controller at home( wich im pretty good at)

I play itg2 and ddr in irvine,CA and mission viejo.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website
Arcanine
Basic Member
Basic Member

2633. PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!

Well, let's see... Uhm... I actually just started posting in the forums (pretty sad, huh?)
Uh... I live in Tennessee, I work at Laser Quest in Nashville... I'm 17 years old, and when it comes to DDR, some people think I'm really amazing, others think I have too much time on my hands. xD
Personally, I've been playing DDR since I was about 11, so I've progressively gotten better, hah.
I just moved up to doubles in Standard, and I'm having way too much fun with it. biggrin.gif
If you ever want to come down, we've got a DDR Extreme machine at LQ Nash. Hit me up, I'd love to attend!
Szalkow
Trick Member
Trick Member

2634. PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been here a while but never introduced myself.

I live in Houston. The DDR community here is too quiet.

Started playing DDR last year at the beginning of college. I was inspired to get better when I met Milo234 in my English class. We practiced every weekend on his personal ITG2 dedicab. I went from noob to S-ranking 8-footers in the first 4-5 months. Now he's graduated and his cab is in boxes somewhere (he hasn't shipped it home to Jersey yet), leaving me with Stepmania and some foam pads.

I'm in the process of building an improvised Riptide pad, since foam pads make it obscenely difficult for me to work on scores. Last time I played at the arcade, I AA'd some 7's and 8's. I look forward to building up my stamina for the tens.

Once I get two pads built this fall I encourage anyone in the area to come hang out for some DDR. When not playing at home/in the dorm, I usually use the Extreme machine in Harlow's at the Edwards Theater on SW Fwy.
Justin the pirate
Basic Member
Basic Member

2635. PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi my name is Justin and I am 14. I have been playing DDR for a good year now but i havnt played in awhile. I live in New Jersey, Burlington to be more precise but i need to find people to play with me. Any want to play DDR with me???
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
THE HATEMASTER
Basic Member
Basic Member

2636. PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello World, My name is Johnny. Don't let my name fool you I respect everyone. (I got my Pseudonym from an old children's television show The Power Rangers.)

I am from a quiet rural town in Alabama, but recently I have made a journey to quiet rural Alaska.

I have been playing DDR for approximately two years maybe a year considering I have played the console games before gathering up the guts to play it at an arcade.

I love to progress (don't we all?) but I am a "Glass is half empty" kind of person so it's hard to get where "I" would like to be.

When I was in AL I played in Hoover at the the now defunct TIME OUT, then I played at Bumpernets. Now I'm in Fairbanks AK so the Regal 16 is the new stomping ground. (the pads suck btw...)

I'm looking forward to chatting with you all.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
recoil56
Trick Member
Trick Member

2637. PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE HATEMASTER wrote:
(I got my Pseudonym from an old children's television show The Power Rangers.)

Need link.
THE HATEMASTER
Basic Member
Basic Member

2638. PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

recoil56 wrote:
THE HATEMASTER wrote:

Need link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mighty_Morphin_Power_Rangers_monsters_(Season_Three)#Hate_Master

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZcOer3Z9Iw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USxy_q9jWtA
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
recoil56
Trick Member
Trick Member

2639. PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE HATEMASTER wrote:
recoil56 wrote:
THE HATEMASTER wrote:

Need link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mighty_Morphin_Power_Rangers_monsters_(Season_Three)#Hate_Master

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZcOer3Z9Iw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USxy_q9jWtA

Wow I've been impressed

VERY NICE HATEMASTER
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 131, 132, 133, 134, 135  Next
Page 132 of 135

Jump to: