Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDR Player Registry
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ciaratha
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 11:05 am    Post subject: DDR Player Registry Reply with quote

Wouldn't it be great if there were some kind of state, regional or national database DDR players. It would list your name, city, team affiliation, skill level, game specialty (oni, doubles, singles, solo) etc. Plus it could cut back on some sandbagging during tournaments as well. I know money and people and time are required. But I think it's a spiffy idea.
Romantic Boy
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: In Southern California, where the romance guides me through my heart and soul
1. PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 11:25 am    Post subject: Ahhhhhhh Reply with quote

Ahhhhhh I can see it now....

Name: Kevyn
Sex: M

"Pssssst. LETS JUMP EM!"

Aside from that. I think it's a good idea biggrin.gif
Administrator
Administrator

2. PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Database would be huge. Look at all the members here (of course excluding the inactive ones, but then including the members that come and visit but don't post). Ranking every song, difficulty, oni, nonstop, double the doubles. Whew... lots of stuff.
Staff Member
Staff Member

3. PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a good idea. it would cut down on the "does anybody play here?" type of threads.
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ehhhhh were not gonna get barcodes on our neck if this happens right? E19.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
MR. Ziggy
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be awsome!

You could go online and sign up, and some mahcines you can put your name and pssword in, and it stores your overall points, and you can be ranked all through the Contenet.
Greatest song accplishment(Bad spelling):AAAing Max. (period), on Stepmania though, and I got a pic.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
-Mystik-
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kakumei_086 wrote:
Ehhhhh were not gonna get barcodes on our neck if this happens right? E19.gif

no of course not, we're all gonna have connections on the back of our necks and arms like in the matrix. then all we have to do is plug in to the machine and we are ready to go. laugh.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qzar Mystik wrote:
no of course not, we're all gonna have connections on the back of our necks and arms like in the matrix. then all we have to do is plug in to the machine and we are ready to go. laugh.gif

Ok that works, as long as we dont die if we fail a song riiight.gif
Maat's Cap:O Apocalypse:O Claustrum:O Kikoku:O X's Knife:O Rajas Ring:O !First LS To Kill Jailer of Love!
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
GFK(Ghost Player)
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be a very intersting idea, and it has been done for a lot of other games, such as the Wizkids Game series and thier global interface with all the players with the world. I must admit that it would be very intersting. Although I wonder how come, at this point in the series, that something like this did not come out yet.

(To those that don't know, Wizkids is a company that specilies in miniture gaming such as Mechwarrior, DC and Marvel Comics, and their signature MageKnight line, but, in my opinion, not as expensive or difficult as the stuff that comes out of Games Workshop, such Warhammer and Warhammer 40000.)
Gyan of Hell
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm....I actually like the Idea. Most of the major points that I thought of have already been mentioned, but I think someone should group some people together and start working on it. unfortunatly, it will be difficult to acquire means to operate such a vast database.

Last edited by Gyan of Hell on Wed May 21, 2003 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
slkmmm
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an all right idea, but there are so many players it would never work. Someone already mentioned how many peoplpe are on here, and then think of people on other sites and that aren't on any site.
Technick
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.ddrei.com already has a thing like this, you tell what arcade you go to and information like that. Then you can search for members, didn't seem to really work 2 me.
Administrator
Administrator

12. PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technick {Zeal} wrote:
www.ddrei.com already has a thing like this.

Considering ddrei goes down twice a month.. of course it won't work.
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think killing people who fail songs is a good idea. Makes the game that much more elite. Versus mode, two step up, one steps down.
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as it's not like mutant registration........I don't like to be hunted down, tagged with a collar, set to do hard labor of DDR 20hrs a day non-stop, kidnapped and taken to a island......

Ok I'm getting ahead of myself here. Umm, it would be interesting, but who wants to sit and gather all that info and construct a simple database and update it like everyday, week, month...etc??
Ciaratha
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

¤Orochi¤ wrote:
As long as it's not like mutant registration........

OMG he posts! A monumental moment. Sensai posting. *marks the event on the calendar* But you are the mutant S.I.D. You have to be tagged
Sk1p
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way I would check it is if it were somehow made into a thread stickied at the top of the appropriate regional forums.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

17. PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Celcius wrote:
I think killing people who fail songs is a good idea. Makes the game that much more elite. Versus mode, two step up, one steps down.

Uh... what?
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glorious Argutiae wrote:
Celcius wrote:

Uh... what?

disturb.gif How about not. Save your Gladiator tendencies for something else, like Chess.

Anyway ... http://ddr.meetup.com/

I found this. Maybe not the precise thing you're thinking about, but close. Registration and whatnot, and knowing who is nearby your location.
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: In Southern California, where the romance guides me through my heart and soul
19. PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 2:34 pm    Post subject: Hmmmmmm Reply with quote

Celcius wrote:

I think not biggrin.gif
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: