Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Karaoke Revolution Announced
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Catastrophe
Trick Member
Trick Member

60. PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: [sighs] Reply with quote

Sonny_B wrote:
The game is being created and EVERY thing by Harmonix. Harmonix is awsome at creating music and games.
When you people play Ampltude and Freq artist like:
DJ HMX
CHRIS CHILD
SYMBION PROJECT
FREEZEPOP
KOMPUTER CONTROLLER
etc... are Harmonix Artist.

I have a feeling the game had to go under Konami because mabye Konami had the idea for this kinda game all ready copyrighted just no one would make it. So if Harmonix went with Sony and made the game they may end up being sued.

The USA Artist love Harmonix, so I could imagin getting a pretty awsome soundtrack. Titanic song anyone E10.gif

When I think about it I can only imagin having
7 songs under the Harmonix record label.
5 Konami Orginals and
18 songs from various record labels
30 songs as a result.

The game will own. Harmonix is known for creating good quality music and gameplay.

I think that your proposed songlist would be pretty nice ( 7+5+18 ). Oh, and I'm sure you know how many names Chris Child uses. So like, if there were a combined 12 songs from Harmonix and Konami then Naoki and Chris Child would probably be involved with 10 of them. Hm, interesting thought, I just used both of their names in the same sentence!

<begin my understanding of the situation>
Harmonix doesn't publish their own games, they just make them. Frequency was their first console game and I believe Sony published it. It didn't sell that well but it got great press. When the Harmonix guys ( mostly guys ) wanted to do Frequency2 Sony agreed to to pay all of the development costs for it. I recently had the chance to hear some of the Harmonix team talk at a post mortem. Greg LoPiccolo himself answered a question about the songlist. He said that the licensed songs came from Sony ( the computer games company ) and that they just took whatever licensed songs they got as the contracts were signed. He also talked about the licensing process a little more. Someone also asked a question about Frequency3 and the answer was something along the lines of "That depends on how well this game [Amp] sells."

Remy is right about Harmonix being unknown previous to Freq. They were just founded in 1995. They probably consider themselves lucky that Konami is willing to pay them to continue making at least one more game. They're not a corporation. They need sponsorship. If they weren't offered the chance to do KR by Konami they might not even have a project to work on at all. But, I could be wrong. For all I know they were offered multiple contracts and they could be choosing which games they want to work on.
<end my understanding>

During that same post mortem I asked Mr. LoPiccolo a question comparing Amplitude to the Bemani series. I was trying to get him to answer that his game was better in some way. But he hesitated and instead answered "We're big fans too." Its funny now because KR must've been in the works at that time. I hope I didn't tick him off by asking that question.
View users profile Send private message
DDRmaniacplayer
Trick Member
Trick Member

61. PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Kareoke Mix is going to be a big hit because, for one thing, how many people are willing to get up stage and acyually sing. Secondly, it not even from DDR. blink.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Remy
Trick Member
Trick Member

62. PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDRmaniacplayer wrote:
I don't think Kareoke Mix is going to be a big hit because, for one thing, how many people are willing to get up stage and acyually sing. Secondly, it not even from DDR. blink.gif

1) It's not called Karaoke Mix. It's called Karaoke Revolution.
2) It's not an arcade game, it's a home game. There is no "stage".
3) "DDR" isn't a company. Konami is the company that makes DDR and, oddly enough, Karaoke Revolution. Bemani is the music game series that DDR falls in; Karaoke Revolution will likely fall into that as well.
Trick Member
Trick Member

63. PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only see a female avatar. I dug around a bit and saw nothing on male characters.

So until I see screenshots of males, I'm steering away from this. Last thing I want to do is sing in a mid- to high range soprano voice as a female singer. disturb.gif Besides, I'm only a tenor.
Basic Member
Basic Member

64. PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 12:58 am    Post subject: jennifer love hewitt song identified Reply with quote

after examining the screenshots on the konami site for karaoke revolution and doing a little googling, i've established that they all show lyrics from one song, Jennifer Love Hewitt's "Hey Everybody." Lyrics available at:

http://www.lyricsstyle.com/j/jenniferlovehewitt/heyeverybody.html

let the song list madness begin... E13.gif
Catastrophe
Trick Member
Trick Member

65. PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: jennifer love hewitt song identified Reply with quote

squaredancer wrote:
after examining the screenshots on the konami site for karaoke revolution and doing a little googling, i've established that they all show lyrics from one song, Jennifer Love Hewitt's "Hey Everybody." Lyrics available at:

http://www.freq.com was listing Amplitude songs as they were licensed. Unless they've lost their source they'll probably keep doing it.

Any information at all about this game would be greatly appreciated. I really have no clue what to expect from this game. Imagine if we were all 5-key Beatmania players and Konami announced a new type of Bemani game, the dance-type, and that the first game of this type was going to be called Dance Dance Revolution. Now imagine looking at screen shots from 1st or 3rd mix without having ever seen a game of this type before. Yeah.
tanaka-san
Trick Member
Trick Member

66. PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i got some news about this game. i was at my fave karaoke bar last night and this guy from the harmonix company gave me a flyer about becoming a official tester for this game. i can't wait to do it,also the testers names will be in the games end credits as well E4.gif i'm ciked but if anyone lives in or near boston, and wants to be a part of this ,then send an e-mail to sing@harmonixmusic.com and say you were given a flyer by a guy named pete ( thats the guy who gave me one.) so send an e-mail to that address.
Catastrophe
Trick Member
Trick Member

67. PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 6:55 pm    Post subject: Blew It? Reply with quote

tanaka-san wrote:
ok i got some news about this game. i was at my fave karaoke bar last night and this guy from the harmonix company gave me a flyer about becoming a official tester for this game. i can't wait to do it,also the testers names will be in the games end credits as well E4.gif i'm ciked but if anyone lives in or near boston, and wants to be a part of this ,then send an e-mail to sing@harmonixmusic.com and say you were given a flyer by a guy named pete ( thats the guy who gave me one.) so send an e-mail to that address.

That kicks ass! I'd love to do that! Thats cool that they're hanging out in Keraoke bars while they develop the game.

*Opens Amplitude Manual* Pete Maguire? If that was him he must be one of the sound engineers. I don't think its such a good idea to lie and say you've met him in a bar in an email though. This opportunity was probably meant only for you and they might not be happy that you posted this on ddrfreak.
Catastrophe
Trick Member
Trick Member

68. PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: jennifer love hewitt song identified Reply with quote

squaredancer wrote:

I forget where this song was confirmed ( press release? ) but somehow I already knew this. I also forgot where I saw a video of this game being played. It was either Gamespot or one of Konami's webpages.

I was thinking about a possible songlist again today. I decided that most Konami music isn't well suited for Keraoke, unfortunately. First, theres a bunch of songs without lyrics. laugh.gif Then I realized that I'm probably the only person that wants to sing a song in a language I don't understand. Thats okay, I don't need to have a microphone I guess. *sings Sana Morette Ne Ente quietly to himself*

But the Destiny piano version I heard once definately works. So does Cool Baby. Not that they'd use those exact songs but anything similar. In house music could still happen but I guess this game is going to rely on music people already know and recognize. Thats how people do Keraoke without a Playstation2.
Otla
Trick Member
Trick Member

69. PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know wether or not to be estatic or mortified by this game, I only hope there will be some rap so My horrible tenor voice won't kill the pretty songs.

(Eminem anyone)
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: