Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

PARANOiA Schizophrenic by ME (DJ Mind_tricK) a.k.a. DJ JinX

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xxxmindtrickxxx
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 11:01 pm    Post subject: PARANOiA Schizophrenic by ME (DJ Mind_tricK) a.k.a. DJ JinX Reply with quote

Hay what's up everyone. I did this remix for the Bemanistyle Remix Competition and since the public voting doesn't start till next monday I wanted to get some feedback on my song. I really only spent like 6-7 hours on it with organizing the playlist and all, and since I just moved house recently I didn't get the time I wanted to work on it. Anyways, please feel free to be honest and let me know if you think it turned out alright. E1.gif

Here's the link By the way:

http://www.angelfire.com/crazy/kidareni/PARANOiA_schizophrenic.mp3

If people like it I'll be making many more remixes in the future.

edit: i'll be posting more links to make for lack of bandwidth E1.gif

here's 2:
[url]
http://www.geocities.com/kidareni2/PARANOiAschizophrenic.mp3
[/url]

[url]
http://www.geocities.com/kidareni/PARANOiAschizophrenic.mp3
[/url]

Last edited by xxxmindtrickxxx on Tue May 13, 2003 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Regenesis
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying to share a file bigger than a megabyte on a website that gets a decent amount of traffic via Angelfire is an exercise in futility.
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay for mindtrick!
hey peepz, you can also try these links to his remix:
www.angelfire.com/comics/kidareni/PARANOiAschizophrenic.mp3
www.angelfire.com/alt/kidareni/PARANOiAschizophrenic.mp3

more to come... trying to keep free sites with lack of bandwitdth problems frown.gif frown.gif
Basic Member
Basic Member

3. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry about the poopy bandwidth, but i'll be posting links in the morning where it can be heard. sigh. till then I hope at least 1 person gets to download it and tell me what they think. Anyone know any good free sites I can host on? / Anyone willing to help a brother out?
Udderdude
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I just downloaded it and played it. It's pretty boring to be honest. You use the same drum and bass loop for almost all of the song, and it's not even a very good one. The rest of it seems to be sound effects from the Paranoias randomly placed about. And I really didn't like the 'This is ****ed up' sample from schlagwerk. Why the hell did you even put that in? It doesn't even make any sense! Sorry, didn't like it :/~
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Kel_Ichijouji
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want my honest opinion... I like the fact that you had a background beat that kept the unity. But there were too many fe-fe-fe-fe's in it, and I think it could use more Paranoia... like stuff from good old Rebirth and all, ya know? I just think that the only thing that kept the song going was the background. Other than that, I was not interested in it very much, and my mind wandered pretty quickly. *runs and hides before someone comes around and says she's and idiot* E7.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
xxxmindtrickxxx
Basic Member
Basic Member

6. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thank you all of 2 people that responded out of 106 views on the post, I appreciate your honesty(to a point). I do agree it's a bit long and I must say in my defense that I was really rushed to push this out and didn't get it arranged the way I want to and wanted to do more with the analog at the end like recording live tweaks and such, but like I say, I didn't have the time since I had 2 move house. I originally shot for 3 minutes and in the rush job I pulled ended up with over 5, but I like the base I have and think it's a potentially good song and will be completely reworking and arranging it for the DWI I will be creating. If you like it you like it, and if you don't you don't. To clarify it is BREAK not Drum and Bass for the tragically uninformed and not clued in. Well hopefully I'll get more reviews and some suggestions on how to improve future mixes, as I haven't really heard too many ORIGINAL paranoia remixes that weren't just cut up versions of the original rather than the raw samples I used. Either way thanks to the 2 who posted and anyone who cares to in the future. E1.gif
Trance Of Sorrow
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give you my opinions for this song, I didn't like the beginning of your song and you took a little bit of the Paranoias and mixed it up! It also wasn't good to listen to either.
View users profile Send private message
sfr
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, not bad at all. I would shorten it just a bit, but I really dig the speed of the song and how well it flows. It also sounds put together well (i've heard some REALLY bad mixes) and it sounds like it could be a good drum n bass type track if you made the bass a bit chunkier =p. Good job, and keep it up!
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work. IMO it's pretty good. It's something I don't mind listening to thanks to the background beat you used and the way you put it together to keep it flowing. It has a really good "You know you want to dance" feel to it. As a freestyler, if this was an actual DDR song, I'd most likely make a routine to it.

Good job thumb.gif
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: