Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The mystery of DDRMAX 6th Mix...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quazar
Trick Member
Trick Member

40. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron Oppa wrote:

The new, non-irritating announcer

Ok, the old announcer was MUCH better than the new announcer. Yes, that's an opinion, but I happen to like it when my dance is like sunshine on a cloudy day. When the new announcer starts crying "buckets of tears", I wanna punch him in the face.

And I would rather play DDRUSA than 6th Mix. Why? Because Dub-I-Dub, Stomp to my Beat, and Make-A-Jam own. :-P

Quazar
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
ConMan
Trick Member
Trick Member

41. PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Max/Max2/Extreme Announcer is mostly less annoying, although I do agree that the whole "I can't stop crying ... buckets of tears" gets on my nerves, as does "Here we have the kiiiing of dance!" (for a song I completely screw up, no less!).

However, the most annoying announcer comment, IMO, was the 4th Mix "Oh No! Combo Stopped!" which is almost enough to make me continue to miss steps.
Smbu |L©|
Trick Member
Trick Member

42. PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But if you have a Max2 or Extreme machine you can pretty much play all of those songs too(missing only a few of course) and a whole lot more on Max2 and really a lot more on Extreme. So whats the point of having a Max1 machine? for 4 or 5 more songs(extreme and max2 respectively)? That seems like a real waste, especially when you can get like 100 more songs on a Max2 and 200 more on an Extreme machine. Not counting all of the other stuff like oni, etc...
And if you want to play Max300 ex stage well you can always play that on an Extreme machine(although no ex ex stage for AA'ing it frown.gif )

I remember early last year when the arcade i used to go to had a Max1 machine(upgraded from 5th mix). Well Max1 got pretty old really fast, especially after being used to the much bigger song selection from 5th. Well when another nearby arcade upgraded their machine to max2(shortly after it came out) well I started going there and never went back to that other arcade. Max1 gets old really fast. Max2 takes a lot more time to get boring. Extreme will take even longer than that for me. sure I wouldn't mind going to play on a max1 machine every once in a while, but would i like to have it at my regular arcade? Hell no!!!1 laugh.gif

DDR_Freakaholic wrote:
Maistorm wrote:
Oh sure, you think you'd like to have a 6th mix - but try having it as your only machine for 5 months. You'd hate it with a passion.

Wanna bet? I love alotta songs on DDR...heres what I like on the 6th Mix

Ready?
lots of songs...
I play them and as well love listening to them!! biggrin.gif

Doomed
Trick Member
Trick Member

43. PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConMan wrote:
However, the most annoying announcer comment, IMO, was the 4th Mix "Oh No! Combo Stopped!" which is almost enough to make me continue to miss steps.

I always get punked by 'Combo is continuing!' ... 'Argh, not anymore it isn't, biatch! *attempts to punch machine and keep going at the same time*'

Truths I've learned: Money sucks. Aventinus is the best beer on earth. The Honda CBX250 should be brought back into production. Women are evil. Men are evil, too. People have more faith in paper than in other people. All I need in life is coffee, beer, sausages, pre-made Caesar salads and DDR.

Old crotchety drunken Haligonian DDRing bastage, proud of it
View users profile Send private message
Zep
Trick Member
Trick Member

44. PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or when he saids stuff like ''Hey your a pretty(sp) good Dancer''

I think I am alittle better then pretty Good if I just Max combo a song laugh.gif

Trick Member
Trick Member

45. PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Max is kinda like Windows 3.1, introduced a few new concepts, but nonetheless kinda blew compared to the future of windows.

Max introduced speed mods, for that, I am eternally grateful.

Max introduced freeze arrows - shrug, no freeze's were particularly difficult in max.

Max introduced EXTRA STAGE, previously, Paranoia/Trip machine was playable as final stage, not extra stage.

It revamped the AA ... calling for more perfects, not just merely a full combo.

It introduced the groove radar, (though I admit, the foot rating provides instant comparison and most newer players will still utilize it)

The real machines (not bootleg) provided a new machine look, if that's worth anything.

It also is the first machine to allow you to select options. So if someone wants to play on hidden/sudden/stealth/etc then someone can merely hold it down, and not do the step combination.

Max2, yes it's a better machine because it's an upgrade, extreme, obviously is too, however I think Max should be remembered as a memento of innovation of ideas, not looked down as some trashy machine.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: