Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDRGirls: We have a website just for us!!! (kinda)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maizie
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: Now I am walkin' around in the sight of the town...
0. PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 4:39 pm    Post subject: DDRGirls: We have a website just for us!!! (kinda) Reply with quote

Edit: I've done it! It's up! go to ddrgirls.sixoption.net for the forums. I'll have more up later, but a board is definitely a start.

So lately I've been thinking of starting up a website focused on us female DDR players. Sure, there are plenty of general DDR sites, but I don't think there's one made by and for female DDR players.

We've got a lot in common, and it would be really great to work on a sense of community for the lot of us. I'm thinking we need articles (basic how-to's, personal stories, anything really of interest to females playing a male-dominated game), maybe fashion tips (how to look good even while all sweaty and the best ways to keep your hair out of your face), a forum (with a special girls only section so we can have girl talk without all those icky boys around, and maybe with an advice section that allows anyone to ask almost anything).

One of the other things I was thinking of doing is starting up a sort of support network. We'd match up girls of similar skill and similar goals with eachother and maybe with a mentor who's achieved those goals. Then through email and IM or however else they can work together to encourage progress. It's amazing how much better you get at the game when you have someone to compete against or have someone encouraging you along. Not to mention it's just a nice way to make friends. E1.gif

So anyway, what do you guys (err, girls) think? Does anyone want to help out? Or am I completely out of my mind here?

Last edited by Maizie on Sat May 17, 2003 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message
lucyfur
Basic Member
Basic Member

1. PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, Maizie-

I just wanted to write so you wouldn't feel lonely. It would be nice to have a girl's DDR site. I wonder how many girls are on this board?'

Regards, Virginia
View users profile Send private message Send email
Allie
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im a girl, if you made a female ddr site i would go to it
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i lurve the idea, do go on...
its no biggie to me to have co-ed site, but a girls one would be nice too so the boys cant complain about the "why is this so important?" crap ^^
i so need tips on what to wear, how to keep my hair outta the way, still look/smell nice, etc...since the males around my area are quite fine E4.gif
plus, since this is a male populated game, finding out how we got hooked on DDR would be interesting too
altinure
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm not mistaken, there already is one, or was one, at least. It was actually a really well designed site. I can't remember the name of it though.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
junkiemailie2000
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean I'll actually find other girls that are a challenge?!?!? Kewl...go with that idea...
That Dude
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im a guy and i think it sounds like a good idea. girls need support just like guys do. you still definitly want some guy opinions though. seeing something from two sides is always better than one. plus maybe you could set up some sort of way so girls can meet up with guy who play ddr. nothing better than a common interest to start a relationship with. is it me or does that sound like wishfull thinking?

P.S. Maizie
nice lyrics from ordinary world, i like that song.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
CStarFlare
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

7. PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I like the idea, since it gives us guys a reason to make a DDR site especially for guys.

Fanservice fanart. Fanservice fanfics. Discussions on why "Blow My Whistle" makes DDR twice as good as E-Rotic ever could.

It'd be The Man Show, with DDR, with nerds. biggrin.gif
Tsunami Forever
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allie wrote:
I'm a guy and I would go to it too! E13.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CStarFlare of TGL wrote:
Hey, I like the idea, since it gives us guys a reason to make a DDR site especially for guys.

Fanservice fanart. Fanservice fanfics. Discussions on why "Blow My Whistle" makes DDR twice as good as E-Rotic ever could.

Oh, we could quite easily do all of that stuff, but slanted towards females. Think about it: hot, muscular DDR playing guys... All of that dancing certainly builds stamina. E13.gif

Remember, though, you might like Blow My Whistle, but I bet you the girls prefer Oh Nick Please Not so Quick. E13.gif We want it big, to feel it forever, and it'll be just like in heaven.

*coughs*

Anyway, as for the other suggestions, good ones. I certainly wasn't going to rule out guys (or girls) trolling the waters for a DDR girl of their own, but I can't guarantee that their response will be a positive one. E15.gif

Also, guys will be more than welcome to write articles and post on the forums. Anything that girls who happen to play DDR would be interested in is fair game. E1.gif
Tsunami Forever
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Maizie"]
CStarFlare of TGL wrote:

Remember, though, you might like Blow My Whistle, but I bet you the girls prefer Oh Nick Please Not so Quick. E13.gif We want it big, to feel it forever, and it'll be just like in heaven.

*coughs*

E11.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel that this idea may have some merit, as there are some issues that are more easily discussed with those of the same gender. However, I think that this may somwhat hinder the sense of unity in the DDR internet communtiy, or not. I dunno.

As for getting my whistle blown, that is good enough for me!

...but Rhythm and Police is no longer crazy!
Sk1p
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tsunami. wrote:
Allie wrote:
I'm a guy and I would go to it too! E13.gif

Wouldn't that completely defeat the purpose?
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Resident Lune
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tsunami. wrote:
Maizie wrote:

*coughs*

E11.gif

... yes ... exactly. I'll see your E11.gif and raise you a shocked.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CStarFlare of TGL wrote:

do we get the man show's spinning wheel thingy!?!?!?!
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Maizie
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping it wouldn't so much as fracture the community along gender lines, but instead help to bring together the females. I'm sure there are girls playing outside of NC, but I never see them, I don't really talk to them. They're probably cool people. I'd like to be able to do that. E1.gif

And a guy coming doesn't defeat the purpose at all. Just because something is aimed at females doesn't mean it won't be of interest to males too.

(Also, I stand by what I said about e-rotic. Don't make me start quoting Ralph Don't Make Love By Yourself laugh.gif )
Chii...
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think it's a great idea to start sumthing like that i would go to the site i'll even help out with it ^__^ it is a really good idea
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad part is, you know there are gonna be loser guys still struggling on 3-footers going there trying to pick up girls.

Yes, it's sad... And true... frown.gif But if you're gonna make a big effort to weed them out, I say go for it! biggrin.gif
Resident Lune
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohnoitschris wrote:
Sad part is, you know there are gonna be loser guys still struggling on 3-footers going there trying to pick up girls.

Yes, it's sad... And true... frown.gif But if you're gonna make a big effort to weed them out, I say go for it! biggrin.gif

Refusing admittance to people isn't a good idea, but that's the point I am worried about.

I don't want to lump DDR guys into one big, collective assumption of behavior ... but just from seeing certain people's behavior, you'd seriously have to wonder about what sort of low-life gamers are going to skulk around forums like that.
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This site has everything you'd ever want in a ddr site, why not use it to your advantage? How bout a thread to discuss girls in ddr or something. I really don't see the point in an all girls ddr site, since there really is no way to keep it all girls.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: