Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDR Extreme OST Songlist Released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dancing Dan
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YEAHHAW finally extreme soundtrack!
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
JDMTurbo06
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MatDef wrote:
Yeah, the Extreme OST looks cool and all, but am I the only one who's excited by Bass #11 Hyper Best on Toshiba EMI's site? riiight.gif

eh i was never really a fan of the bass series but im REALLY EXCITED about the best of hardcore and trancemania 3 biggrin.gif
Roxor Staff
Roxor Staff

22. PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of megamixes, I've been making DWI files for some of the better soundtrack megamixes that never made it into the official game. Most of the step charts are high level 9 foot songs but they're all quality. ;) If you have Stepmania or DWI give them a try.

http://www.bemanisims.com/?loc=profile.php&id=673

Matthew
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Dj KoZoTo
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remy wrote:
GuruX wrote:
I do have to admit that the quality of songs appears to be good, but there just isn't enough of them...... I mean 30 songs? Even DDRMAX had more (and that had the least # of tracks on any disc).

That's actually an interesting comparison. Looking from disc to disc, just looking at "playable songs" - no long versions, no home version songs, no remixes, no production music:

2nd Mix OST - 32 songs
3rd Mix OST - 43 songs
4th Mix OST - 42 songs
5th Mix OST - 43 songs
Disney's Rave OST - 25 songs
DDR MAX OST - 36 songs
DDR MAX2 OST - 49 songs if you count the Oni Remixes, 31 if you don't.
DDR Solo 2000 OST - 35 songs

So yes, it's rather ironic that the only OST that has less "game songs" than Extreme - which is supposed to be the biggest and best ever - is Disney's Rave.

That's Because EMI-Toshiba didnt do that one, Avex Trax did. I think this will be the best MegaMix by EMI yet (with games that is).
Yeehaw McKickass
Contributor
Contributor

24. PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDRdAn wrote:
YEAHHAW finally extreme soundtrack!

You called?

On topic: The only song I can really see missing is A, otherwise I like what I see here.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Hiroshi-kun
Basic Member
Basic Member

25. PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to hear the Nonstop from Extreme, go here: http://www.postingmp3linksisforbidden.com

Anyways.... this soundtrack sucks, let's face it. You'd have to be insane to pay money for this piece of sh*t. It's missing more songs from the game than ANY OTHER DDR SOUNDTRACK EVER RELEASED. It's missing 31 songs.... or 33 if you count the two songs from DDR Max USA. And the soundtrack only consists of THIRTY SONGS. That means that more than half of the new 8th Mix songs aren't on the soundtrack. That's inexcusable in my opinion.

The missing songs are:

A.S.A. - Door Of Magic (The Theme Of Space Maco)
Anettai Maji - Ska Bakudan - Mikeneko Rock
Aska - Happy Wedding (for Extreme)
Des-Row feat Tsuboi for Alpha - Daikenkai (Big Opinion)
DJ Amuro - A (for EXTREME)
DJ Crew - Be Lovin
DJ Simon - 321 Stars
DJ Simon - Air
dj TAKA feat. Noria - Love Love Sugar
Emi - Stay (Organic house Version)
Final Offset - Twin Bee (Generation X)
good-cool feat Meg - Last Message
Hiro feat Sweet Little 30s - Heaven is a '57 Metallic Gray (Gimmix)
Hirofumi Sasaki - The Least 100 Sec
Jimmy Weckl - Across The Nightmare
Kelly Cosmo - I'm Gonna Get You
Kiyommy and Seiya - Pink Rose
Kunitake Miyuki - Destiny Lovers
Mitsuhimo Izuki - Jet World
Mr. T - Xenon (DDR ver.)
Naoki - Dynamite Rave (Down Bird Sota Mix)
Naoki feat Shanti - Kiss Kiss Kiss
NAOKI J-Style feat MIU - Kiss Me All Night Long
Orange Lounge - Mobo Moga
RevenG - Sakura
Sana - White Lovers
Sota - Look To The Sky (True Color Mix)
Spanish Folk Music - La Bamba
T.E.M.P.O. feat Mohammad and Emi - Jane Jana
Tiger Yamato - Hold On Me
Togo Project feat Sana - Miracle Moon
Tomosuke - Gamelan de Couple
Youhei Shimizu - Feeling of Love

Toshiba is so incredibly lazy. It's a very typical release for them, though. They didn't want to make this a 3 (or 4...) disc set, so they said "well, we can't put every song, so let's just put the stuff from our Dancemania albums. That way, we pay less money!" Ugggh.

-Hiroshi
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Remy
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, you named every Bemani crossover song that wasn't given a "For Extreme" remix on Extreme - which is why it's not on the OST.

And posting links to MP3s is a good way to get shot. Don't do it again.
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiroshi- This is a business we're talking about. Anyways, all the songs that are on the OST are new, meaning not from any other bemani which already have OSTs out(sans Mambo a Gogo). Meaning, it's not technically missing any songs. Beatmania: The Final, which also had transplant songs did not include them. Also, making double the songs usually means somewhere around double the price. I sure as hell would not buy something for twice as much, especially if I might already have half of the songs.

I like the megamix, if just for Irresistiblement, I Do I Do I Do, and the booing during Colors (for Extreme).
View users profile Send private message
Hiroshi-kun
Basic Member
Basic Member

28. PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aside from the full version of Graduation, the CD runs around 50 minutes. They could have added more songs that were actually in the game. Additionally, most of the songs that are on the CD ARE transplant songs. Either transplanted from other games, or from Dancemania albums. There are maybe 10 songs that are exclusive to Dance Dance Revolution 8th Mix that are on the CD. If you want to count the Dancemania songs, that comprises maybe half of the CD.

When you say that the songs that are on other Bemani soundtracks don't need to be on the Extreme soundtrack, are you saying that they're less important as DDR songs... simply because they're availible on other CDs? That seems kind of stupid to me. There have been plenty of transplant songs on past DDR mixes, and they're still included on all the past DDR soundtracks. And now all of a sudden they disregard half of an entire game's new songs??

I guess if I want to legally have a copy of all the new songs, I'll have to buy around 10 CD's from OTHER games... because lord knows it's too difficult to put them on one soundtrack.

-Hiroshi
Remy
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiroshi-kun wrote:
When you say that the songs that are on other Bemani soundtracks don't need to be on the Extreme soundtrack, are you saying that they're less important as DDR songs... simply because they're availible on other CDs? That seems kind of stupid to me. There have been plenty of transplant songs on past DDR mixes, and they're still included on all the past DDR soundtracks. And now all of a sudden they disregard half of an entire game's new songs??

Well, they also ignored all the returning DDR songs, both the KOs that are scattered through each mix, as well as the re-licensed Dancemania tracks, and the Club Mix tracks.

Why not complain about those too?

The MAX2 soundtrack didn't have the returning KOs/MAX1 songs.
The MAX1 soundtrack didn't have some of the songs that had appeared on previous home versions but were new to the arcade with that mix.
The 5th Mix soundtrack didn't have the numerous songs from 4th/Solo.

Do I need to go on?
Basic Member
Basic Member

30. PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The MAX2 soundtrack didn't have the returning KOs/MAX1 songs.
The MAX1 soundtrack didn't have some of the songs that had appeared on previous home versions but were new to the arcade with that mix.
The 5th Mix soundtrack didn't have the numerous songs from 4th/Solo.

The returning KOs and 6th Mix songs in Max2 are on previous DDR soundtracks.

There are only a handful of songs on 6th Mix that were on home releases. They are all on previous soundtracks.

Hunnie... the 4th/Solo songs that are on 5th Mix are on (suprise suprise) the 4th and Solo soundtracks.

Obviously it'd be too much to ask to have the Extreme soundtrack have 250-some songs. It would just be NICE to have more than half of the songs that are NEW TO THE SERIES on the soundtrack. Even 3/4 of the songs would be nice. But LESS THAN HALF seems to be a little absurd to me.

As for Club Mix, it should have its OWN soundtrack. However, I'm satisfied that there isn't, because A) Club Mix sucked, and B) most of the importants songs on Club Mix are on the Beatmania IIDX Original Soundtracks CD.

-Hiroshi

[/quote]
Remy
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiroshi-kun wrote:
The returning KOs and 6th Mix songs in Max2 are on previous DDR soundtracks.

There are only a handful of songs on 6th Mix that were on home releases. They are all on previous soundtracks.

Hunnie... the 4th/Solo songs that are on 5th Mix are on (suprise suprise) the 4th and Solo soundtracks.

As for Club Mix, it should have its OWN soundtrack. However, I'm satisfied that there isn't, because A) Club Mix sucked, and B) most of the importants songs on Club Mix are on the Beatmania IIDX Original Soundtracks CD.

Hunnie?

Look, you're missing the point. Yes, the DDR tracks all on other soundtracks. So are nearly all the crossover tracks you're complaining about being missing. Just not on other DDR OSTs.

There is a long history here of Toshiba-EMI leaving crossover tracks off. Remember the people complaining about Burning Heat and Spin The Disc not being on the MAX2 soundtrack? Notice DXY being missing from 5th Mix?

Keep in mind that Toshiba is looking out for their interests the most; the point of the albums are to push the Dancemania tracks, not so much the Konami Original ones. Hence the ads for the Dancemania albums in the liner.

I agree that the Extreme OST is rather silly and under-filled. But I'm not going to get upset over it because, hey, it's not our business decision.
Basic Member
Basic Member

32. PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There is a long history here of Toshiba-EMI leaving crossover tracks off. Remember the people complaining about Burning Heat and Spin The Disc not being on the MAX2 soundtrack? Notice DXY being missing from 5th Mix?

Burning Heat and Spin the Disc are both on the Max2 soundtrack (tracks 9 and 40, respectively). DXY is missing from the 5th Mix soundtrack because it was a hidden song. Every hidden song on 5th Mix is missing from the soundtrack (DXY, The Cube, Absolute, Abyss, I Was the One, Mr T, Electro Tuned, Radical Faith, and Sana Morette). You could say that they're all crossover tracks, but it's too coincidental that they're also HIDDEN on the machine...

-Hiroshi
Remy
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiroshi-kun wrote:
Burning Heat and Spin the Disc are both on the Max2 soundtrack (tracks 9 and 40, respectively).

I'm sorry, what?

MAX2 OST Songlist wrote:

07.?BUS STOP / LONG TRAIN RUNNIN'
08.?SARINA PARIS / LOOK AT US (Daddy DJ Remix)
09.?2 UNLIMITED / MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE (KC Club Mix)
10.?MICKY / NOTHING GONNA STOP (Dance Mania Mix)
38.?THOMAS HOWARD / SILLENT HILL (3rd christmas mix)
39.?RevenG vs DE-SIRE / TSUGARU (APPLE MIX)
40.?NAOKI / BRILLIANT 2U (K.O.G G3 MIX)
41.?NAOKI / B4U (B4 ZA BEAT MIX)

Which MAX2 OST are you listening to?

What difference does them being hidden make? Legend of Max, Dance Dance Revolution, Burning The Floor Momo, and all three Survivor tracks were "hidden", and they're on the OST.

My point still stands - crossover tracks (hidden or not) were missing from the 5th Mix OST, the 7th Mix OST, and now the Extrme OST. Why is this some sort of new travesty when it's been going on for a while?
Basic Member
Basic Member

34. PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remy wrote:
What difference does them being hidden make? Legend of Max, Dance Dance Revolution, Burning The Floor Momo, and all three Survivor tracks were "hidden", and they're on the OST.

All I was saying is that there's a REASON the crossover tracks weren't on the 5th Mix soundtrack. It's because they were hidden and, at the time, it's likely that they weren't included for that reason. I'm not saying that hidden songs are never added to OSTs, which would be stupid in light of the 8th Mix release.

Remy wrote:
Which MAX2 OST are you listening to?

Ummm. My mistake.

Look, 2 songs here, 5 songs there, it isn't that big of a deal...but when it's 30-some songs, then it gets to be a little glaring. I'm not trying to say this is a tragedy, but it's an extreme (no pun intended) let-down. If you want to continue believing this is a quality album, then go for it. I'm just saying that maybe we should have a little higher expectations from Toshiba, and WANT to have a complete soundtrack.

-Hiroshi

1051 DDR mp3s and counting...
MMM. DDRex. *v*
Remy
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiroshi-kun wrote:
If you want to continue believing this is a quality album, then go for it. I'm just saying that maybe we should have a little higher expectations from Toshiba, and WANT to have a complete soundtrack.

I never said that this was a quality album (I was sorely disappointed by the nonstop, and I was the one who posted the stats about the number of songs about the OSTs saying this was going to be the lowest-song number OST from Toshiba), and I'd LOVE to have a complete soundtrack.

But this fell right into my expectations for Toshiba - in that the only songs on the OST are Dancemania tracks, new KOs, and crossovers that were specifically remixed for Extreme. *shrugs*
Basic Member
Basic Member

36. PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remy wrote:
But this fell right into my expectations for Toshiba - in that the only songs on the OST are Dancemania tracks, new KOs, and crossovers that were specifically remixed for Extreme. *shrugs*

Yesss... very true. I'm disappointed with the Nonstop too (although it wasn't any better or worse than Max2 Nonstop). And I don't think there have been many good DDR soundtracks (2nd, 3rd, and 6th stick out in my mind), so don't think I'm only complaining about Extreme...

Speaking of the "For Extreme" crossovers, where's A and Happy Wedding??

@.@

-Hiroshi

1051 DDR mp3s and counting...
MMM. DDRex. *v*
Remy
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiroshi-kun wrote:
Speaking of the "For Extreme" crossovers, where's A and Happy Wedding??

See, this is what I meant about "Extreme remixes" - glance at the "new songs" list and note that the only ones that made it onto the OST are the ones labeled like "For Extreme", "Extreme Version", or in the case of L'amour Et La Liberte, "DDR Ver".

A and Happy Wedding were edited slightly, but not enough to justify giving it a new mix designation; hence why it apparently didn't end up on the OST.

Again, not saying this was a good choice or anything, just that this seems to be the designating factor.
Trick Member
Trick Member

38. PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

::reads earlier posts::
wow some people can be really dumb... i mean hmmm a song that appeared on a prevoius OST.. of course it aint gonna be on the next one and i hope people really didnt hope to get all the bemani cross overs on the OST i mean that would just be a waste of space.... and then each song on the megamix would be like 45 seconds and thats no fun at all i mean look at teh 4th mix and MAX2 megamix the song are really short...bah i forgot what point i was trying to make ...
::returns to sleep::
View users profile Send private message Send email
Trance Of Sorrow
Trick Member
Trick Member

39. PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah this soundtrack sucks, it doesn't have ALL the songs of EXTREME!! Dang them!! frust.gif frust.gif frust.gif
View users profile Send private message
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: