Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Konami Announces DDR MAX2 for the US
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
One Fu
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm just hoping they do what they did on the MAX exclusives/licenses songs and pick those kind of songs like that. IMO. the only thing Deep Black Forest and Sandstorm was lacking was good heavy steps.

i hope the newer people who will buy this game for what it is (a very original creative game using your feet) and are very open-minded to the several music genres and not just cause they know "that one song"

look at PIU for example, the reason why most newbies played PIU is just to find that n'sync/britney spears/j.lo song they heard on the demo screen and only playing that, ignoring all the other "different" songs. how 1-dimensional can some people be? diversity, people, diversity!!!!
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Clay0K
Staff Member
Staff Member

21. PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG HOLY CRAP ON A STICK!

ARIA OF SORROW!!!!!!111111 Another Castlvania! YES!1

Oh wait...this is about MAX2. Haha---eh. Sorry aboot that. Let the speculation begin! biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Vic Viper
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool to hear.

Hope they use all the "Long Songs" from 5th Mix, minus "Opps I Did It Again", and make newer long songs.
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 3:25 pm    Post subject: heh Reply with quote

Superstar Player wrote:
If I see any 2Unlimited songs (not the one's on 5th mix) or The Reflex or even Witch Doctor, I will praise Konami.

Oh geez... if they go ahead and dump that on there, they might as well go ahead and put Crash! and Let Them Move in there, as well. Then we'll have the 3 all-time worst in one place. Maybe if we add on Celebrate we can make a Nonstop course out of it, and call it "Bleeding Ears" or something.

Seriously though... I've never seen anybody pass The Reflex. It's not that the steps are difficult, it's just that the two times I've seen it chosen (both via Roulette), the player(s) gave up because they just couldn't stand to listen to it. It's not that I hate Duran Duran or anything, but I think a) they've done WAY better, and b) it doesn't work for DDR. At all.

::looks at topic:: oh yeah... that uh, MAX2 thing. First off, I'm looking forward to the Japanese MAX2 not only because I know I'll be able to play all its songs at home now (and make edits for them); I'm also very curious to see what direction they're going to take with the new home versions. Will all of the Oni courses be included, unchanged? If so, will their songs be playable in normal game mode, as well? Will the Oni remixes be playable in normal game mode, and will you be able to create edits for them? What portion of the yellow (returning Konami originals) and blue (DDR MAX1) songs will be included, and in what form (Oni-only? Fully playable?) will they be present? Will there be a Nonstop Order option for use with EX? Will there be any sort of Arcade Link option, and will it work with PS1 memory cards the same way MAX's edits do? These are all questions I am on the edge of my seat waiting for the answers to. Oh, and of course, there's the question of whether they're including content from EX, or new content altogether, and how much of it will be in there...

...as far as the American MAX2, I hope there will be many more Oni courses... and I hope a bit more thought and imagination will go into them. Seriously... more regular-length Onis (5-10 songs), and more balanced Onis would be nice (don't have a bunch of 5-7s, and then Paranoia Evolution Heavy!). As far as the songlist, I think the experiment with exclusive licenses was a success, and they should keep it going... but with some more challenging or interesting steps, please. And they should attempt to make ALL difficulties have unique steps, even if it means (gasp!) creating something new. I'd like to see the Konami Originals from MAX/MAX2 that weren't in MAX1 (basically all the KOs from MAX2 besides Secret Rendez-vous and Spin The Disc, and songs like Firefly and the Dive remix that were left out before... for completeness, and because it won't take any effort to do it. You KNOW they have room), and some licenses from MAX/MAX2 as well. The inclusion of some older stuff in MAX1 was nice, but I think many of us are just getting tired of the really old songs, so I don't think they should include anything from earlier than 6th. I'm honestly not sure how they can reach the length of the MAX USA songlist without doing so, however...

One thing I'd *personally* love to see is new Oni remixes, that are NOT playable in normal game mode. I was disappointed to find out that there wasn't more of that in DDR Extreme, because it makes Oni mode that much more challenging (and rewarding). I don't think it should be more than a few (so as to go easy on the people who won't be able to play them), but it would be an amazing surprise.

And last, but not least: the unlock process should be easier/gone. I *hate* unlocking. In just about *any* game. I sit through unlocking in the arcade, waiting for all the new content, and there, it's a reason to keep people coming back and continue playing new stuff. When I'm at home practicing, I want to be able to access all of what I just bought, not some or half of it. I can't stand booting a Tekken or DDR game with no memory card because half the arcade version's content is missing (unless you're playing Tekken 1, or DDRMAX/1st-3rd MIX, Japanese). And having to unlock the features you want the most is annoying, annoying, annoying. I can't play the characters I want until I finish the pointless Arcade mode over and over again? (At least let Time Attack work!) Laaaaaaaaaame. To get some of the songs in MAX USA, I created an edit to Overblast! (one of the shortest songs) with just ONE step, called "Underblast!" and ran it over and over again with the controller while doing other things. Boooooooooring. I don't mind missing a few songs but Konami should at least put out a code (like the arcade version) so that those of us who didn't want to sit through the asinine unlocking process wouldn't have to.

I guess I just don't understand the concept. In my opinion, if your game needs unlocks to add replay value, then your game must not have had any to begin with. I'm sure we can all agree that DDR is a game with a TON of replay value built right into it. Tons of songs to clear. Cleared them? Try to get an A on them. Now, AA. Played Double mode yet? Played Oni mode yet? Now... why do we need unlocks, again?

Sorry if I wrote a book =)

~yyr
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clay0K wrote:
OMG HOLY CRAP ON A STICK!

Oh wait...this is about MAX2. Haha---eh. Sorry aboot that. Let the speculation begin! biggrin.gif

Now that he mentions it...

YAY! Max2 isn't the ONLY good game on that list... i can't wait for "Aria of Sorrow" and Gradius V! *drool* There were a few others that sparked me, like Substance (X-Box hater, and yes, I have my reasons), and a few others... but those 3 games (max2, and the 2 i mentioned) are the most looked forward to by me happy.gif
Spike
Administrator
Administrator

25. PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing to remember with the speculation:

DDR MAX US was planned before Konamix was. So think about when we heard the announcement of Konamix, and realize that Max US had already been in the works. Enos knows what is in the future of DDR, and so when he plans a game like Max US or Max2, he is able to choose things that either just came out or aren't out yet (ie Drop the Bomb System SF, and having Oni mode). So, what does this mean?

Don't write something out from Extreme just because it just came out. I'm sure Enos has been planning Max2 for awhile, he may have just not had a go ahead from Konami because they wanted to make sure they were getting money from Max. But, now that Max2 is announced, I'm sure we can expect to see Extreme stuff as well as other new and innovative stuff (I hope).

Anyways, I would definately expect some Extreme stuff.

And a new arcade game to go with it would be awesome *wishful thinking*
Staff Member
Staff Member

26. PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is more geared for LOKI and Remy...

Considering that Konamix was a hacked 4th Mix and Max was...well...Max, it's pretty likely that edits from Max2USA will be far easier to work with in the arcade, is it not?

BTW - What happened to Loki's Edit Converter thread? It didn't just get un-stickied, it plain disappeared.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, wasn't Extreme supposed to have a new step type once upon a time? Or was that just some rumor that got lodged into my head as "fact"? The only variant type of step I could think of that DDR could add would be a staccato step.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Spike
Administrator
Administrator

27. PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutriss wrote:
This is more geared for LOKI and Remy...

Considering that Konamix was a hacked 4th Mix and Max was...well...Max, it's pretty likely that edits from Max2USA will be far easier to work with in the arcade, is it not?

BTW - What happened to Loki's Edit Converter thread? It didn't just get un-stickied, it plain disappeared.

It was Cryptic's Edit Converter. Aaand I have no idea what happened to it. I actually haven't seen him post much, so I don't know =/

I would think that the edits would not work, because of regional stuff and because Konamix didn't work with 4th, even though it was a bastardized version. Max doesn't work with Max, and so I don't think Max2 edits will work with arcades. It would certainly be nice though =D
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... when I played DDR MAX USA, I went through each song, and unlocked about 80% of all the hidden items just by completing the maniac steps on each song (and the trick steps for many others). Then in the process of trying out the Doubles steps, I unlocked everything else (except the final song, which I already know I don't like). So I don't see why you'd be upset about having to unlock stuff unless you were only ever planning on playing 10% of the songs on the game (and then I'd question why you bought it in the first place). I mean the way you write about it, you'd think it took you a month to unlock all the songs.

You're right: In some games, absolutely, it seems 'unlockable' stuff is included to artificially add replayability to a dull, boring game. BUT DDR IS BUILT ON REPLAYABILITY. It's one of the most replayable games ever created. There's always a little part of a song that you'd like to practice again, a new modifier to try out, a AAA you think you can attain, a song you love so much you play it over and over and over..... If it's a chore to unlock songs in DDR, then maybe DDR in general has become a chore to you. It's not really a big deal. People get sick of things all the time.

Anyway, back on topic: I do hope Konami makes the steps to the new songs on MAX USA 2 a little bit tougher. Even if they don't, the AMAZINGLY user-friendly edit interface makes it a snap to make 'proper' steps. E1.gif Other than that, I can't find much to complain about with the first PS2 DDR game.... just give us more songs (and a wide variety of musical genres)! More oni courses! More statistics! More records! E1.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
NarcoticsTrader
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay, another mix I can think about buying until I see the song list, and realize that it consists of nothing but okay konami originals, licensed songs that SHOULDN'T be in DDR with boring and terrible steps, songs from the worst mixes of DDR, and the blatant lack of features that would be easy to implement, such as oni creator and working arcade link mode/ edits.
But really, unless they rehash crap that has been on konamix or DDR MAX, I can't see how they could get up to 70 something songs. I suppose we can expect to see a lot (all) of the bemani import songs from extreme. Then they will fill out the song list with the new Max2 konami originals. That's okay, I like many of them I guess.
View users profile Send private message
CStarFlare
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

30. PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superstar Player wrote:
No more club mix songs, unless Ska A Go Go or the original Gradustic Cyber make it. Almost everything on there isn't danceable to me.

Gentle Stress.

Thank you, good night.

Quote:

Oh wait...this is about MAX2.

Don't worry, that's the first thing I saw, too.

My damn brothers lost HoD before I could finish it. I didn't enjoy HoD nearly as much as the others, but still, I wanted to finish it.

Quote:
The inclusion of some older stuff in MAX1 was nice, but I think many of us are just getting tired of the really old songs, so I don't think they should include anything from earlier than 6th.

There are few still a few pre-Max songs that havn't made it over here that I'd like to see. Lupin the 3rd '78, for one. Now that the show is on CN, it would be a good choice (if copyright would allow it). Also, Can't Stop Fallin in Love Speed Mix, Mr. T, Jam Jam Regee, and Paranoia Eternal (with Extreme steps, of course) are all songs I wouldn't want the US to miss.

Now, I don't want to put up an "I want I want I want list," because CARTOON HEROES I find it very annoying, but there are a few songs CARTOON HEROES that I would love to CARTOON HEROES have on this mix.

...SO DEEP!

EDIT: Please tell me Jason will come back to promote Max2. I miss him. E2.gif

Not that dancer-x wan't good.
View users profile Send private message Send email
Spike
Administrator
Administrator

31. PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Can't Stop Fallin in Love Speed Mix

Yes, that would be nice to have.

Quote:

Please tell me Jason will come back to promote Max2. I miss him.

It would be nice to have Enos here...or dancer-x.

Quote:

blatant lack of features that would be easy to implement, such as oni creator and working arcade link mode/ edits.

.5x speed seemed easy to implement, until they had a problem with displaying arrows on certain songs. Oni mode creation could have been similar. As for working arcade link mode/edits...what arcade machine do we have in the US to link it with? They can't make it compatible with the Japanese versions as much as we may like because that would be encouraging people to get the Japanese arcade games instead of possible US arcade games (if they make one). It would support KOJ instead of KOA, and while it IS the same company, KOA won't give more money to spend on DDR if they aren't making money on it.
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why isn't there a PS1 dDr on that list? is konami no onger making DDr for ps1? If so... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! All i have is a PS1 and i'm not getting a PS2 anytime soon...
{SFSA} RAHK
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well KOA did a good job with with DDR MAX USA.

I cant wait....maybe it'll have ddr extreme 2(ddr 9th) mix songs. laugh.gif E13.gif
Umeboshi
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be funny if they included a Japanese Memorycard with the game and call it the "edit" card just because they change everything else laugh.gif

Anyways, I'm so happy for another mix! Are we gonna havethe Sneak Team again to screw our minds? That was fun to read.
DDR7thmixPlus
Basic Member
Basic Member

35. PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 5:04 pm    Post subject: [b]YEA![/b] Reply with quote

C☆Flare of TGL wrote:
Superstar Player wrote:
No more club mix songs, unless Ska A Go Go or the original Gradustic Cyber make it. Almost everything on there isn't danceable to me.

Gentle Stress.

Thank you, good night.

Quote:

Oh wait...this is about MAX2.

Don't worry, that's the first thing I saw, too.

My damn brothers lost HoD before I could finish it. I didn't enjoy HoD nearly as much as the others, but still, I wanted to finish it.

Quote:
The inclusion of some older stuff in MAX1 was nice, but I think many of us are just getting tired of the really old songs, so I don't think they should include anything from earlier than 6th.

There are few still a few pre-Max songs that havn't made it over here that I'd like to see. Lupin the 3rd '78, for one. Now that the show is on CN, it would be a good choice (if copyright would allow it). Also, Can't Stop Fallin in Love Speed Mix, Mr. T, Jam Jam Regee, and Paranoia Eternal (with Extreme steps, of course) are all songs I wouldn't want the US to miss.

Now, I don't want to put up an "I want I want I want list," because CARTOON HEROES I find it very annoying, but there are a few songs CARTOON HEROES that I would love to CARTOON HEROES have on this mix.

...SO DEEP!

EDIT: Please tell me Jason will come back to promote Max2. I miss him. E2.gif

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I kno i m taking up room but ^THIS DUDE KNOS WAT HEs TALKING ABOUT! WE NEED:Lupin the 3rd '78, Paranoia Eternal with Extreme steps, Can't Stop Fallin in Love Speed Mix, Mr. T, and Jam Jam Regee 5th mix Extended songs woulndnt be bad either! AND KAKUMEI maybe riiight.gif E4.gif OH I AM SOOO EXCITED ALREADY!!!
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Junpei!
Trick Member
Trick Member

36. PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Players will still have to stay on their toes as all of the standard game modes and the ever-challenging Workout Mode return!

Ph34r w0rkout mode. Cant wait for the guessing game to return, best part of DDRfreak in awhile E10.gif
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Junpei!
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One word: Tsugaru Cant wait to whore it in the arcade AND at home E10.gif

Twilightz0ne would be nice

And Oni Remixes( hopfully playable or they could be songs you unlock, that would be cool)

Harder Oni Courses 21 song courses are ok, but I mean we need a demonroad equivilant.

And I know we dont want wishlists but I mean how can you forget(even though it probubly wont happen)

BeFORj00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
DJ Black {OP}
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: Somewhere in between Ninzaburo's glare and escaping the Rhythm Police
38. PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man,

Konami is doing the damn thing with DDR these days...

I mean after they BUTCHERED 4th mix and called it Konamix (come the hell on), they came back with Max. That being probably THE best home release, I thought I had seen the end of DDR over here in the states for a little while...

I'm glad I was wrong.. E4.gif

But what I want to know is, KONAMI...WHERE ARE THE U.S EXCLUSIVE KONAMI ORIGINALS? Licenses are great, but I mean get TaQ or U1-asmi, or Caramel S. in the DAMN STUDIO! Hell, get NAOKI to bust out with something new.

But I think they could get around the sticky license situation if they put in some originals. I mean, yeah people remember the new licenses in all the games, but when you think DDR, you think Konami orginals...not the dance mania. You think...

Rhythm and Police, Paranoia (though I think mixes should stop for that soon), Dynamite Rave, TRIP MACHINE stuff like that.

I think KOA should try that now. It's the only thing I think that's left that they really HAVEN'T done, except gone in and put EVERY song in from EVERY mix. E7.gif

What do y'all think?
Miles (Daddy DJ Mix)
Trick Member
Trick Member

39. PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C☆Flare of TGL wrote:
There are few still a few pre-Max songs that havn't made it over here that I'd like to see. Lupin the 3rd '78, for one. Now that the show is on CN, it would be a good choice (if copyright would allow it)!

(God, Quoting really long Boring Quotes and Editing them are Hard...) I Love the Anime, And I would Love to see the Song on a Home Version. Although, I'd probably get an Imported Extra Mix.

(If you raise Chao on Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, you can e-mail me and maybe we could chat about Chao sometime. Yes, i'm obsessed with Chao.)
happy.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 2 of 14

Jump to: