Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Working up to bag on 1x?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marvel627
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Working up to bag on 1x? Reply with quote

Hey guys! I've just now gotten back into ddr randomly after about a 3 year hiatus. I now have the best stepmania installation ive ever had lol. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone had any tips for working up to being able to pass bag on heavy (or even standard) without any speed mods (other than memorizing it). Ive been able to pass the Max's and Paranoia Survivor in the past, but never was able to get bag down without at least 2x speed mod, which really doesnt count considering the entire difficulty of bag is based on its note density. Who here can pass bag on 1x? How did you work up to that? Thanks!
View users profile Send private message
Rene_A
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just stop using speed mods all together and play slower songs on 1x to get used to it.
bleedingdonkey (9:55:35 PM): HAI
bleedingdonkey (9:55:40 PM): I NOTICED
bleedingdonkey (9:55:43 PM): THAT YOU AAA'D SEVERAL SONGS ON DDR
bleedingdonkey (9:55:47 PM): I AM PROUD OF YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Rene Aq (9:55:58 PM): OMG WHY THANK YOU SIR
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
DAVE101
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really hard to play bag visually on x1 because it's mainly 24th gallops. So just playing other songs on x1 won't be enough. You need to learn the patterns and timing on higher mods other wise you will probably get all goods. Work your way down from x2. Use custom speed mods like x1.75 and x1.25 if you need too.

I'm going to start doing this too, I'd like to pass it on x1.
Toraie
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhh how about listening to the song

I passed it on 1x after playing it about 3 times on 2x and having it stuck in my head for DAYS. It's not memorizing the chart, it's simply knowing the song and knowing vaguely when to step with the background. I always play on 1x, and when people ask me how I can read notes so close together...it seems like common sense to me.
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Marvel627
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, thats impressive.
chennymountain
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finish SuperNOVA 2's Hyper Master Mode.
OR
Try it on x1.5-3x (which ever is most comfortable) until you have a feel for the step patterns. Then try 1x.

It's not really that hard once you know the patterns.

Challenge Chicken
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just started from 5X down to 1X. I had a problem transitioning from 2X to 1.5 (I think, could have been 1.5 to 1) and I just put it on 1X and boost and that DEFINATELY helped.

Is it easier for anyone else to do Bag on 1X Flat? It it's not on Flat, I get lost in Bags poopyty rainbow

View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
maxx freak
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it came easy to me since I always played EVERYTHING on 1x. Only recently (past few months) have I started using some speed mods, and even then I usually don't go higher than 1.5x.

I guess the best way is to do what everyone else says, gradually lower the speed mods until you are able to pass on 1x, then just keep practicing.

It also helps to subconsciously memorize the rhythm of the steps, so you don't really have to read the rhythm.
View users profile Send private message Send email
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: