Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Need some help building a stepmania cabinet

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sayaman22
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: Need some help building a stepmania cabinet Reply with quote

Hello all,

I have a Dance Dance Revolution Extreme cabinet that ran on a Playstation 2. The PS2 fried, so I decided to replace it with Stepmania. I have a JPAC, an Arcade VGA, and a computer to run Stepmania. I just don't know how to put it all together. If someone could show me a guide (if one exists) or point me towards someone who would know about this, then I would be very grateful!
View users profile Send private message
NOVAEX
Basic Member
Basic Member

1. PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our arcade has one of these custom builds. The hardest part is interfacing the JPAC to the various controls in the cabinet, should be straight forward but I've never tried it.

Once you get the USB adapter board hooked up, I recommend getting a USB dock so you don't have to reach all the way back there to load in files or hooking up your keyboard or mouse.

The VGA should be very straight forward.

As for the computer, play around with the various resolutions until it works right for the arcade monitor (I'd guess that 800x600 is the max it can take). Then you need to edit the registry to make Stepmania start up automatically and disable pretty much everything else besides core functions for the PC. At that point its a matter of setting up Stepmania to recognize JPAC input card and making sure each pad/button works, followed by synchronizing if needed. Beyond that I don't know much.
NOVAEX
Basic Member
Basic Member

2. PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our arcade has one of these custom builds. The hardest part is interfacing the JPAC to the various controls in the cabinet, should be straight forward but I've never tried it.

Once you get the USB adapter board hooked up, I recommend getting a USB dock so you don't have to reach all the way back there to load in files or hooking up your keyboard or mouse.

The VGA should be very straight forward.

As for the computer, play around with the various resolutions until it works right for the arcade monitor (I'd guess that 800x600 is the max it can take). Then you need to edit the registry to make Stepmania start up automatically and disable pretty much everything else besides core functions for the PC. At that point its a matter of setting up Stepmania to recognize JPAC input card and making sure each pad/button works, followed by synchronizing if needed. Beyond that I don't know much.
Suko
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's some info I dug up on converting a machine to Stepmania. Good luck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGiPXiOCtHw&feature=related\\

http://www.bemanistyle.com/forum/f93/howto-build-stepmania-machine-221/

Have to register to view this one:
http://boxorroxors.net/forum/login.php?redirect=viewtopic.php&t=969&start=15&sid=b43e0a3483d9892304c44e0fd6857414

DDRecall | Groovestats | Beatspace | UI Bemani Club | Suko's Shirt Shack
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: