Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

reducing vibrations?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shimmiy
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: reducing vibrations? Reply with quote

Hello,

i live in an apartment complex and i use ddr every day as a means of working out, but i started to upset my neighbors due to the vibrations its causing from jumping around and such.

so my question is

1. is it possible to turn off jumping notes? that would help alot
2. whats a good way to reduce vibrations from the movement? i have a soft dance pad (though i just ordered a metal one)

i mean could i layer a bunch of blankets under it or would that be pointless?

thanks!
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
Nemoide
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turning off jumps can be done on some games. Check the options for whatever version you own! You don't need someone on this forum to check for you, I hope...

There's no way I can think of to seriously reduce the vibrations caused from movement while playing. I have no advice for that!
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Suko
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd suggest maybe investigating some exercise floor mats like these:
http://www.matsmatsmats.com/exercise/exercise-floor/soft-carpet.html

They will help reduce vibrations, but in all honesty, there is very little you can do to minimize the impact/noise transfer from one floor to another in a wood-frame apartment building. If you lived in a concrete or steel structure, it probably wouldn't be nearly as much of a problem, but there's nothing you can do about that expect move.

DDRecall | Groovestats | Beatspace | UI Bemani Club | Suko's Shirt Shack
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: