Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

A guide to difficulty levels

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Final Warning
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:15 pm    Post subject: A guide to difficulty levels Reply with quote

I came up with the following guide to difficulty levels for DDR Extreme:

BEGINNER:(Sky Blue) Focuses on stepping, continuous steps, and basic jumps (up down, left right). Ranges from 1-3 feet.

LIGHT:(Lemon) A very advanced beginner level.Introduces triplets,advanced jumps,and freeze arrows.It has music videos instead of the beginner screen with the dancers in front of you. Ranges from 1-6 feet.

STANDARD:(Pink) These have many freeze arrows,triplets,and advanced jumps.(up right, up left, down right, down left). Ranges from 3-9 feet.

HEAVY:(Neon Green) These do not have as many freeze arrows because they combine all 3 modes together, requiring you to perform difficult maneuvers. Ranges from 5-10 feet.

CHALLENGE:(Midnight Blue/Purple) A very advanced Heavy level. Only available on certain songs. Ranges from 7-9 feet.

Hope it's useful!
PureBlue
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

View users profile Send private message
Access
Basic Member
Basic Member

2. PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's useful but...I saw this exact same thing in wikipedia under DDR Extreme.
Final Warning
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you saying I plagiarized?
__
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't matter one way or another because this is the actual breakdown (up to Supernova 2):

Beginner: 1-4 feet
Light: 1-9 feet
Standard: 1-10 feet
Expert: 2-10 feet
Oni: 6-10 feet

note: not all oni charts are harder than their expert counterparts - the oni charts in older songs were given "oni" designation just because it was the steps that appeared in oni mode.

Now, if you go by DDR X ratings, everything changes considerably - so it basically becomes a moot point.
pleasedon'thurtme
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa, what one-footers and ten-footers are there on standard? The only heavy two-footer that comes to my mind is something I saw on the fifth mix songlist I watched on youtube, so I am not really familiar with any heavy songs under five feet either. I do not really get challenge/oni though -- why are some easier than heavy and others not? Hm, should the explanations mention that standard is where eighth notes begin to appear regularly while they are rare in light? If I am not mistaken, that is one of the most noticable differences among the difficulties.

www.stayonsync.com/forum
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
__
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pleasedon'thurtme wrote:
Whoa, what one-footers and ten-footers are there on standard? The only heavy two-footer that comes to my mind is something I saw on the fifth mix songlist I watched on youtube, so I am not really familiar with any heavy songs under five feet either. I do not really get challenge/oni though -- why are some easier than heavy and others not? Hm, should the explanations mention that standard is where eighth notes begin to appear regularly while they are rare in light? If I am not mistaken, that is one of the most noticable differences among the difficulties.

One of the harder 10 foot expert/ oni charts has a standard chart that is also 10 feet. I think (but am not sure) that it is Pluto Relinquish.

Whatever 5th mix song you found that had a 2 foot expert chart had the 1 foot standard chart. I don't recall specifically the song (because it has been a very long time since I have played standard), but an earlier version song had a one-foot standard rating.

I explained why some oni charts are harder than their expert counterparts. Oni wasn't really designed as a "more difficult" rating in the way you think of expert in ITG. The oni rating was just a filler for a chart that was playable in oni mode (bat lives).
NIQ9
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

even then, the EX ranges are different

Beg: 1-3
lgt: 1-7 (La Senorita Virtual light is a 7)
std: 3-9
hvy: 5-10
clg: 7-10 (PSMO)

I thought the easiest expert chart before EX was a 4 :\

and yeah, Relinquish standard is a 10 on SN2. It was 'demoted' to a 14 (upper 9) on X though.

New ranges are:

Beg: 1-6 (maybe 8, I'm not sure)
lgt: 3-11
std: 5-14
hvy: 7-18 (maybe lower)
clg: 4-18 (including the shock charts)
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, that two-footer I saw (I think I noticed a heavy one-footer when I watched it againO_o) is a demo or something according to what I have read somewhere. The lists provided on this site do not mention anything under five feet on heavy on the Fifth Mix games. I actually do not know of any heavy song less than five feet.

www.stayonsync.com/forum
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Rene_A
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pleasedon'thurtme wrote:
Actually, that two-footer I saw (I think I noticed a heavy one-footer when I watched it againO_o) is a demo or something according to what I have read somewhere. The lists provided on this site do not mention anything under five feet on heavy on the Fifth Mix games. I actually do not know of any heavy song less than five feet.
You guys are thinking of the 6th mix preview songs that were on 5th home version (for example Nori Nori Nori) the reason they are 2 feet on heavy and what not is because they dont have the freeze arrows so its not the full chart.
bleedingdonkey (9:55:35 PM): HAI
bleedingdonkey (9:55:40 PM): I NOTICED
bleedingdonkey (9:55:43 PM): THAT YOU AAA'D SEVERAL SONGS ON DDR
bleedingdonkey (9:55:47 PM): I AM PROUD OF YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Rene Aq (9:55:58 PM): OMG WHY THANK YOU SIR
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: