Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Server Issues
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Site Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheET88
Basic Member
Basic Member

20. PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took me 4 minutes to start writing this message.
J Dogg
Administrator
Administrator

21. PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay guys, I finally experienced this server slowness issue myself. I looked into it and it is indeed server load. It looks like certain optimizations we did in the past are not enabled anymore due to an "upgrade" of the OS, so things have been running slower. I'm looking into a solution...
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if it's related, but there is ???? at the bottom left of every single page. Scroll down and take a look.

Also, the error messages tend to divulge locations of exact files and various other server-related things. Are you sure it's a good idea to send this information out to visitors? Might it be wiser to configure the server to log errors into some file or files stored on the server, and send users a generic error message like "Sorry but DDRFreak is experiencing technical difficulties at the moment. Try again shortly." ?
J Dogg
Administrator
Administrator

23. PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for pointing out the "???"; I have fixed it.

Yes, I agree that we shouldn't be posting giant error messages with details about the inner workings of the site, but it hasn't really caused a problem thus far, so I'm not really inclined to put in the work to change it.

As for the performance issues, I made some changes today that should help alleviate it. We will be caching many of the database queries so load should be less of a problem. Let me know if you experience problems.
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost every time I log in it takes minutes for a page to load.
It's been this way for many months.
Any chance of it being fixed ever?

edit:
Sometimes after waiting minutes an error page will appear with the following:

Warning: include(./language/lang_english/lang_main.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ddrfreak/www/www.ddrfreak.com/data/phpBB2/includes/functions.php on line 205

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './language/lang_english/lang_main.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/etc/pear/PEAR') in /home/ddrfreak/www/www.ddrfreak.com/data/phpBB2/includes/functions.php on line 205

Warning: include(./language/lang_english/lang_main.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ddrfreak/www/www.ddrfreak.com/data/phpBB2/includes/functions.php on line 577

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './language/lang_english/lang_main.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/etc/pear/PEAR') in /home/ddrfreak/www/www.ddrfreak.com/data/phpBB2/includes/functions.php on line 577
phpBB :

Could not open subSilver template config file
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
lord_diablo
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, same problems still exist as earlier. Though tbh I have lost my hope for DDR Freak and pretty much quit reading it because not many people post here anymore, posting quality has gone really bad and the server issues won't get fixed. Was fun while it lasted, maybe I check this site again next autumn if it still exists.
View users profile Send private message
Suko
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lord_diablo wrote:
Yea, same problems still exist as earlier. Though tbh I have lost my hope for DDR Freak and pretty much quit reading it because not many people post here anymore, posting quality has gone really bad and the server issues won't get fixed. Was fun while it lasted, maybe I check this site again next autumn if it still exists.

I agree with this.

I hope it isn't the end of the site, but it has been epic slow in the last few months. I'm honestly amazed I was able to make this post within 2 minutes. Usually it times out or have to wait 15+ minutes to browse the forums, login, and make a post.

DDRecall | Groovestats | Beatspace | UI Bemani Club | Suko's Shirt Shack
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
lord_diablo
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaaaand 4 months later the same problems still exist. Point proven, site owner / admin doesnt care about this site anymore so why we should either. Waiting for 10 minutes to get to write this single message is way beyond absurd. No it is not our internet connection or dns, it is your server no matter how you try to fake it. Removed this site from my bookmarks, don't expect to see me here anymore.
View users profile Send private message
emkat
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any updates on whether or not this is ever going to be fixed? Maybe they're planning on keeping it this way because the slowness is the only thing keeping the spammers from posting too often.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Site Feedback All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: